Watch the PS3 Reveal in Incredible HD For the First Time!

BlindMango

1 minute ago, Ninjise said:

Ridgeeeeee Racerrr.

What a complete disaster Sony E3 was in 2006,  but at least it gave us good memes that are still funny to this day.

I really do miss these every year. It gave us some good laughs, memes, and it was just so dang exciting to sit down and watch people come on stage and reveal some of the greatest games that would come out with a crowd reaction. At least Geoff Keighley is trying to preserve it (somewhat) with Summer Game Fest

1 hour ago, FishOfPain said:

While I wouldn't express it like that, the PS3 gave me a feeling of "future" in a way that the PS4 or PS5 didn't out of the box. The fact that you could rip CD's and listen to the music in games that supported it, the whole menu system, while outdated today, just felt like it was part of a real multimedia machine. While it's been carried over and the PS4/PS5 has a more modern look and menu system, there's something about it that feels dumbed down and more basic. It's so hard to explain in words though, but the feeling is just so different.

Well said. It can be hard to judge these things because looking back through nostalgia goggles is not always the most accurate way to remember things, but I know that exact feeling you’re talking about and still remember it so well.

Back then the PS3 just felt like such a big leap forward in console gaming. It truly felt like we were stepping in to the next generation in a way that PS4 and PS5 never have. Maybe it’s because the technological leaps are much smaller these days (or at least less impactful) over the past 2 gens, but when you look at the leap between the PS2 and PS3 it felt absolutely massive. Like you said, it felt like the future had arrived with this new multi-media machine, and the subsequent scale and quality of games that came in the coming years.

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 2

I really love the footage of the guy playing Warhawk with the SixAxis and he's flailing his arms around like there's some kind of invisible force trying to pull the controller out of his hands.

It's also pretty cool seeing the Resistance: Fall of Man and Metal Gear Solid 4 stuff. In general it's pretty neat seeing that era of Sony and how excited they were to show off these new and  at times experimental games.

• Like 1