PS3 Store Crashed at Checkout

Mayadome

I was trying to buy PS1 games Twisted Metal 1 and 2 to get them free on PS4/PS5, however, when buying them on the PS3 the store crashed literally as soon as I clicked the purchase button. I then checked my transaction history, and the money was taken from my wallet with a receipt number.

So, I went to my download list and the games are nowhere to be found. Both in the "View Downloads" and in account management "Download List". I tried going to the games on the store itself and they still have their price tag, if I try to buy them again it says, "This product cannot be purchased at this time".

I Google'd and someone had it magically appear after a few days, but I've been waiting 5 days and it's still not restored.

I went onto my PS5 and restored licenses and this didn't fix it.

I could contact support... but this is my US-based account (I'm from Australia) with a fake address. I did this because I've wanted the 60Hz versions of PS1/PS2 games. I'm scared Sony will close my account if I were to draw attention to it, so I'd rather just take the monetary loss unless there is another workaround to get my games?

Has anyone had this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

• Like 1

Send the receipt to the support and they'll help you. As long as you have access to your e-mail account they have to re-activate those games manually in your account. PS3 store is super faulty these days.

PD: love your jet set pic!

• Like 1

Same thing happened to me with the same games. Support could only help me with a refund. They asked for my name, e-mail, phone number and transaction number. After that I tried to buy TM1 on the Vita, while that didn't freeze I still didn't get the game. I had to go thru the refund process again.

I believe the problem is on Sony's end with these 2 games. It's not my vid but I found this on YT:

As you can see the other games they bought work, just not TM.

PS: You only have 14 days to get a refund if you go that route.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2023 at 11:18 PM, Milktastrophe said:

Just contact support. Sony doesn't care if you use a fake address, they don't even ask for address anymore when you make a new account.

They absolutely do care FYI, I tried to contact support about a Japanese purchase refund from my alt and immediately got booted from the US site.

Future ref, just use a VPN.

• Like 1

I had the same issue yesterday after i bought Alice Madness Returns on ps3, what i do i go to Account Managment>Transaction Managment>Download List>an entirly scroll down on the bottom of the list and there i find the game that it was missing.

Edited by BartR1
  • Like 3

The store crashed on me when I bought Twisted Metal (PSOne Classic), and I still don't have it available for download (bought it last Sunday). Someone told me I should refund it and try again. Is Sony attempting to fix this issue or do they just want us to buy and refund it until it processes through?

• Like 1

A couple of us posted it in this topic:

I don’t know if it was passed along or if Sony is doing anything about it, there hasn’t been an update regarding this issue.

I don’t think the purchase will go through until it’s fixed. I fell for it twice so 3rd time I just got the PS4 version. That’s probably Sony’s end goal anyway for all of us to do that.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Same thing happened to me. I purchased twisted metal 1 and 2 on ps3 and it crashed. It took the money but didn’t show in my library. I contacted support and they refunded the games so I can try to repurchase them.  PS3 crashes again for one and the other one I purchased on the Vita. Vita didn’t crash but the download button doesn’t work. Also, the game does not show in my download library. They refunded the games a second time. 

I had the same issue with the DLC for earth defense force 2025. Sony never refunded me or helped in any way shape or form. This was from My Australian account which is also where I live. So talking to Sony back an forth for over a fortnight to the point where I'm saying that they had no other choice except to refund me and this still got me nowhere. I could not download what I  purchased, Nothing but errors. Tried on 3 different PS3's and the problem still existed. 

On 7/30/2023 at 11:38 PM, mcnichoj said:

They absolutely do care FYI, I tried to contact support about a Japanese purchase refund from my alt and immediately got booted from the US site.

Future ref, just use a VPN.

That’s because you have to go through Japanese customer support. They don’t care.

I forgot my EU password and didn’t think about it, went to support but they couldn’t help since I forgot to go to the EU site. I remembered after anyway. Oh wait no I was able to reset I was just dumb and forgot the date layout difference so set my birthday wrong on it (switched months and date), and couldn’t reset until I realize that lol

this is why it irks me that people were fine with the web store ditching the PS3/Vita/etc games because the PS3 store is so unstable (they should’ve reverted it back to the original since it at least worked and didn’t crash the system and potentially corrupt your user profile). And Vita is also a mess, errors, certain games just don’t appear in search for no reason. 

People only whined when it came to the shitty stores  being shut down. Had they done that for the webstore being turned to poop maybe we could at least not deal with consoles crashing and those problems. 

Edited by Elvick_