Timestamp

Go to solution Solved by HuntingFever,

I'm stating a problem, which happened on my ps vita, the last trophies of the game were in Timestamp, is there a problem like that?

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

Is this a question or a statement 1f914.png?

I'm stating a problem, which happened on my ps vita, the last trophies of the game were in Timestamp, is there a problem like that?

• Like 1

• Solution

Missing timestamps are a sign that one or all of the following has happened:

1. Your console's battery is dead or dying.
  2. You haven't used your console in a long time so the battery has lost its charge and thus your time and date settings have been wiped.
  3. Your battery is good but you failed to sign into PSN at least once that week before playing any games, thus your system clock hasn't synced itself with the Trophy Servers so hasn't got a clue what the correct time is.

Either way, your missing timestamps are permanent and there's nothing you can do to restore them :(.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nahalink said:

why did you miss Timestamp on my game's latest trophies? play without internet connection psvita. 1f62c.png

I have a few games like this ps3 sega collection i didnt have internet at all when i got this plat and xeno crysis on vita i played it on a pstv i got from ebay because you can play coop on the pstv which makes it easier then i played the rest at work on my vita (portable) so have a few trophies with stamps, does some of your trophies have 1970 on some of the dates its annoying i know how you feel 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Carimbos de data/hora ausentes são um sinal de que um ou todos os itens a seguir aconteceram:

1. A bateria do seu console está descarregada ou morrendo.
  2. Você não usa seu console há muito tempo, então a bateria perdeu sua carga e, portanto, suas configurações de hora e data foram apagadas.
  3. Sua bateria está boa, mas você não conseguiu entrar na PSN pelo menos uma vez naquela semana antes de jogar qualquer jogo, portanto, o relógio do sistema não foi sincronizado com os Trophy Servers, então não tem ideia de qual é a hora correta.

De qualquer forma, os carimbos de data/hora perdidos são permanentes e não há nada que você possa fazer para restaurá-los :(.

so this can give some banning, since the trophies are out of date and there is no way to fix it? :(

45 minutes ago, Nahalink said:

so this can give some banning, since the trophies are out of date and there is no way to fix it? :(

Trophies without timestamps aren't flaggable by themselves if there's nothing else wrong about them (like if it's online trophies).

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, FishOfPain said:

Troféus sem timestamps não são sinalizados por si mesmos se não houver mais nada de errado com eles (como se fossem troféus online).

so I'm going to hide it, this way I avoid problems with the trophy sites, even though it was a ps vita system error and I won all the trophies legitimately.:hmm:

1 hour ago, FishOfPain said:

Trophies without timestamps aren't flaggable by themselves if there's nothing else wrong about them (like if it's online trophies).

This^

Missing timestamps aren't a flaggable offence by itself, especially when the cause was an innocent mistake such as yours :). I've got a couple of missing timestamps in one of my Vita games because I didn't sync it up properly with PSN before playing it for the first time after getting my Vita so now I'm stuck with them.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

This^

Missing timestamps aren't a flaggable offence by itself, especially when the cause was an innocent mistake such as yours :). I've got a couple of missing timestamps in one of my Vita games because I didn't sync it up properly with PSN before playing it for the first time after getting my Vita so now I'm stuck with them.

Whats the best way to prevent this on the vita? Always stay connected to the internet and never let the battery die?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KenjiCBZ said:

This is what you get for cheaping Stranded Deep.

(I'm just joking, don't @ me please)

If I’m not completely mistaken, neither PS4 nor PS5 possess issues which cause missing trophy timestamps and should you spot any PSN account with missing timestamps on trophies from games on said consoles assume they’ve modded the timestamps.

Yes I’m aware you’re only kidding but still, my previous paragraph should be addressed.

Edited by Dry
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, King-Leonidas-I said:

Whats the best way to prevent this on the vita? Always stay connected to the internet and never let the battery die?

The key things are to sign into PSN at least once every couple of weeks or so and don't let the battery get into such bad condition it needs replacing. If you have to replace the battery, don't play any games until doing so, it has fully recharged and you have signed into PSN at least once :). After signing into PSN once and syncing your trophies, you're good to play offline for quite a while, because the clocks will be in sync with each other.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

At least on Vita, just signing in into PSN after charging the empty battery won't sync the PSN clock used for the trophies, you have to initiate a trophy sync to PSN first before booting any game, only then the clock is up to date. This also applies to the PSTV after unplugging or a power outage.

While I never let my Vita's battery run out of juice, the issue once happened with my PSTV, when I played a bit of Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 and earned trophies without syncing before (I was logged in on PSN though), but got missing timestamps for those.

Edited by StarWolf3000
  • Like 2

I'm hoping to hijack the thread a bit, because I don't know what else to call it other than a "strange timestamp-related question."

I'm wanting to get in better shape, so I've setup a kickass gaming and workout station in my basement. Basically I can walk on a treadmill or pedal a bike while playing my PS4. I don't want to sync my data on this console until the game I play is 100% complete since I don't know how long it will take since I will only play the game while on working out. As an example, I'm thinking about Darkest Dungeon since it will be easy to play while moving (I've tried even basic 3D games while trying to walk and I almost fall off the treadmill lol). However, it may take me a year to beat the game if I only play a little each day. 

Now to my question: If I beat like five games upstairs on my PS5 and then randomly sync a PS4 game to my list after months of working on it offline, does that cause any issues? Is there any concern it could cause a flagged game dispute or remove me from the leaderboards? 

Edited by iamthedotcom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, iamthedotcom said:

I'm hoping to hijack the thread a bit, because I don't know what else to call it other than a "strange timestamp-related question."

I'm wanting to get in better shape, so I've setup a kickass gaming and workout station in my basement. Basically I can walk on a treadmill or pedal a bike while playing my PS4. I don't want to sync my data on this console until the game I play is 100% complete since I don't know how long it will take since I will only play the game while on working out. As an example, I'm thinking about Darkest Dungeon since it will be easy to play while moving (I've tried even basic 3D games while trying to walk and I almost fall off the treadmill lol). However, it may take me a year to beat the game if I only play a little each day. 

Now to my question: If I beat like five games upstairs on my PS5 and then randomly sync a PS4 game to my list after months of working on it offline, does that cause any issues? Is there any concern it could cause a flagged game dispute or remove me from the leaderboards? 

Intentionally delaying syncing your trophies can cause issues and lead to you being flagged if you're not careful:

Timestamp Synchronization Manipulation

Trophies should appear on your profile as they would “if they immediately synced to the PlayStation Network". Do not manipulate timestamps by:

• Purposely waiting extended periods of time to sync your trophies in a manner that appears to break other listed rules.

This typically only applies if you wait several months or years to sync your trophies but personally, I wouldn't risk it - sync your trophies as soon as you earn them.

• Like 4

On 7/26/2023 at 4:30 PM, HuntingFever said:

Intentionally delaying syncing your trophies can cause issues and lead to you being flagged if you're not careful:

This typically only applies if you wait several months or years to sync your trophies but personally, I wouldn't risk it - sync your trophies as soon as you earn them.

I suspected it would look weird. I appreciate the response and glad I asked.

• Like 2

On 7/24/2023 at 5:06 PM, Dry said:

If I’m not completely mistaken, neither PS4 nor PS5 possess issues which cause missing trophy timestamps and should you spot any PSN account with missing timestamps on trophies from games on said consoles assume they’ve modded the timestamps.

I can attest from painful personal experience that this is false. Warframe on ps5 (which to top it off is online only) caused missing timestamp issues for certain people who auto popped from ps4. Initially certain trophies just wouldn't transfer no matter what, and when they finally "fixed" it, they showed up with missing timestamps.

Incredibly flukey and probably only a handful of people were affected, but not impossible.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

I can attest from painful personal experience that this is false. Warframe on ps5 (which to top it off is online only) caused missing timestamp issues for certain people who auto popped from ps4. Initially certain trophies just wouldn't transfer no matter what, and when they finally "fixed" it, they showed up with missing timestamps.

Ouch! Not a good situation at all.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...