Twisted Metal Peacock show considered a success

majob

On 8/10/2023 at 3:09 PM, Prototype1690 said:

I wish I could watch the show here in Germany, but it’s not available at the moment. Instead I played through the Twisted Metal 1 and 2 PS1 classic and had a blast.

Same here in Mexico, Peacock and Hulu are apps that i dont understand why the heck arent avaliable in here, it may be because they dont have licences of shows/movies form latin america, or that appeal enough latin america, and its a shame because both services have some interesting things, but on topic, its great its doing good numbers, because this franchise deserves much more in 2023

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, jackmadrox said:

The show was interesting but I got bored with it quick. Instead of making it into a TV show, why not just make a new game? How long has it been since a new Twisted Metal game came out? 10, 15 years?

There are leaks and rumours suggesting a new Twisted Metal game is being developed by Firesprite for PS5.

It was ok; nothing special. Worse than Cowboy Bebop (which got cancelled after one season).

If you wanna save yourself several hours, just watch a highlight reel of Sweeth Tooth's scenes. If a second season actually comes around, it surely has to be better than the first season.

6 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

The show was interesting but I got bored with it quick. Instead of making it into a TV show, why not just make a new game? How long has it been since a new Twisted Metal game came out? 10, 15 years?

Sony Television made the show, not SIE. Two different departments with no overlap aside from working for the same company

On 9/4/2023 at 2:32 AM, majob said:

Sony Television made the show, not SIE. Two different departments with no overlap aside from working for the same company

I have a question regarding that. What's the PlayStation Productions involvement? It's supposed to be the movie/TV production arm of SIE, and coordination with the game studios was stated as one of the goals. Twisted Metal, among other recent projects, was co-developed by Sony Pictures Television and PlayStation Productions, if we were to believe Wikipedia. What am I missing? 

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised as well. It was definitely better than I hoped and Will Arnett voicing Sweet Tooth is a great fit (first I heard about it I thought that was going to be a bad choice and the same goes for Anthony Mackie being the protagonist).

I just replayed TM 1 before watching the show and I love some of the Easter eggs and how well they made some of the characters and such.

Can’t wait for season 2.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/6/2023 at 1:58 PM, Slava said:

I have a question regarding that. What's the PlayStation Productions involvement? It's supposed to be the movie/TV production arm of SIE, and coordination with the game studios was stated as one of the goals. Twisted Metal, among other recent projects, was co-developed by Sony Pictures Television and PlayStation Productions, if we were to believe Wikipedia. What am I missing? 

Playstation Productions provides the IP because it's common for different departments to maintain their properties seperately, and possibly aids Sony Television in the adaption but Sony Television are the ones that scripted, casted, and produced the show

• Like 1