WARNING Undead nightmare is still glitched in the new PS4 port.

Sparklebun1996

Guess who has 2 thumbs , had the famine horse appear on her screen for about 2 seconds before vanishing into the void and will possibly need to 100% Undead Nightmare all over again?

This withering husk of a person that's who.

Seriously though be careful. It's seems they didn't fix the old glitches at all. I'll update later if I manage to save my playthrough but I'm not hopeful.

16 hours ago, Sparklebun1996 said:

Guess who has 2 thumbs , had the famine horse appear on her screen for about 2 seconds before vanishing into the void and will possibly need to 100% Undead Nightmare all over again?

This withering husk of a person that's who.

Seriously though be careful. It's seems they didn't fix the old glitches at all. I'll update later if I manage to save my playthrough but I'm not hopeful.

Yeah, I read this before attempting and assumed it was still in affect. I'm sorry that happened. Considering that it's part of the Zed's Dead, Baby trophy it's probably best to restart Undead Nightmare, it's not extremely long and you can skip cutscenes you've already watched. Or just hope he reappears. Maybe it takes a while? Good luck. Yeah it sucks and another strike against Rockstar unfortunately not to fix something so old.

10 hours ago, Wildcat0728 said:

Yeah, I read this before attempting and assumed it was still in affect. I'm sorry that happened. Considering that it's part of the Zed's Dead, Baby trophy it's probably best to restart Undead Nightmare, it's not extremely long and you can skip cutscenes you've already watched. Or just hope he reappears. Maybe it takes a while? Good luck. Yeah it sucks and another strike against Rockstar unfortunately not to fix something so old.

Update: I very fortunately found Famine wondering around Tall Trees of all places. Still exercise high caution when playing.

23 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

So wait that's a glitch? I had all the horses running off in me back in PS3 and they all showed up again later till I finally broke them

My only assumption is the whole mode is randomised because I found the unicorn no problem not long after.

Keep a second save file just in case.

Is this about the horses never appearing again after they spawned for the first time and you didn't bother breaking them?

Someone suggested in a very old thread on another forum from the original game that you could make them spawn again by breaking a random undead horse and riding that one around in the allocated regions. I was riding Death for hours to find Famine and Pestilence, so I broke an undead horse to give it a try. Started exploring again, and within minutes I found Famine in Mexico! Didn't take long to find Pestilence either in Tall Trees.

Maybe this approach can help break the predicament you're in?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Smash41 said:

I'm struggling with this too. The first treasure map is from a random event and its all I have left to do to 100% and I just can't find it

After looking for this for 3 hours as soon as I complain on here i got it within 15 minutes.

This will be my tactic for any troublesome trophies going forward 😂

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Smash41 said:

After looking for this for 3 hours as soon as I complain on here i got it within 15 minutes.

This will be my tactic for any troublesome trophies going forward 😂

There was a time that was called the GameFAQs curse for a long time. The moment you would post something like this on gamefaqs people would get what they were after shortly thereafter.

20 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Bottom right area with the 3 horses icon go as far left in that area as possible and it should spawn almost immediately same for the unicorn but it's further to the right

I did that like 15 times already, nothing. I have seen that it may be bugged that won't spawn and you need to restart from the start. I'm sure it's bugged for me

I know it's random, but I wasted over 5 hours now

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2023 at 7:16 PM, JoaLoft said:

Is this about the horses never appearing again after they spawned for the first time and you didn't bother breaking them?

Someone suggested in a very old thread on another forum from the original game that you could make them spawn again by breaking a random undead horse and riding that one around in the allocated regions. I was riding Death for hours to find Famine and Pestilence, so I broke an undead horse to give it a try. Started exploring again, and within minutes I found Famine in Mexico! Didn't take long to find Pestilence either in Tall Trees.

Maybe this approach can help break the predicament you're in?

I read this comment, broke the next undead horse I saw and Famine immediately spawned. This is the way, either that or RNGesus is quite a prankster

Then I really have no idea what I did wrong or didn’t register. I’ve completed lvl5 of all challenges, saved all the people, and I’m only at 96% unless getting the unicorn is necessary. I just noticed that I didn’t unlock the Army of the Undead outfit.

Well damn. The unicorn was it and that got me the plat. Now I’m annoyed because that means if had just gone and rescued everyone that would’ve been it the 1st time🤣

Edited by zombiesateme

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/2/2023 at 1:42 AM, Sparklebun1996 said:

Update: I very fortunately found Famine wondering around Tall Trees of all places. Still exercise high caution when playing.

I now have the same case that I didn't tame famine the first time and now I can't find it anywhere. I read in old reports that it could be that the horse can appear again but there is no longer any message saying "A mythical creature has appeared in the area". Did the message come to you the second time you found famine?

On 1/26/2024 at 9:14 AM, MaRcIKiNg45 said:

I now have the same case that I didn't tame famine the first time and now I can't find it anywhere. I read in old reports that it could be that the horse can appear again but there is no longer any message saying "A mythical creature has appeared in the area". Did the message come to you the second time you found famine?

It did. Try searching Tall Trees that's where I found him.

• 2 months later...

So I already got the main game trophies and Im about to start Undead Nightmare but Ive seen some people talking about glitched trophies that stop you from getting the plat.

Anyone knows which ones are troublesome? Guides for the plat dont mention specific trophy glitches

If I remember right, these are the buggy ones and it's because one of the 4 Horses of the Apocalypse (I think it's Pestilence) can glitch and not respawn when it's supposed to if you fail to catch it first round:

Zed's Dead, Baby

Mad Marston: The Trail Warrior

Fan Service

Chupathingy

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1