Trophy Thoughts?

Darkwing___Duck

There is an achievement guide on Steam, written by Xealeen. It's still under construction, but as I looked most of it is already there. It should be very useful.

I'll wait to play the game, but once I start, my first playthrough will be blind.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?l=danish&id=3005861743

Enjoy the game!

Edited by Kessarath
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, StyxSense said:

For anyone wondering, you can pop trophies with strategic saves from the PC version. Just popped tactician and ending trophies.

Is it similar to Divinity Original Sin 2's popping method? I remember doing this years ago on PC and got tactican that way. I'm guesing we use cloud saves?

I don’t know about the DOS2 method because I never used that, but I made a save right at the final choice on PC and used cloud save with a Larian account to load that on PS5 and popped those trophies. That was the only save I made with the specific intention of trying to pop a trophy via cloud saves, so now I’m gonna go through my other saves to see if there are any other difficult trophies I can pop easily 👀

Edited by StyxSense

2 hours ago, StyxSense said:

For anyone wondering, you can pop trophies with strategic saves from the PC version. Just popped tactician and ending trophies.

How did you get your PC saves into the PS5 version?
Even though I'm logged into my Larian Account on the PS5, I don't see my saves there.

But I see my PS5 save in the PC version.

Edited by Couga83

Is anyone having trophies not pop? I'm trying to get the one for getting an unarmed strike kill. Worked on PC. Won't pop on playstation.

16 minutes ago, Couga83 said:

How did you get your PC saves into the PS5 version?
Even though I'm logged into my Larian Account on the PS5, I don't see my saves there.

But I see my PS5 save in the PC version.

You have to enable cross save on PC in the options before starting on PS5 I think.

I believe you can drop your difficulty down to get boss trophies and then reload and cheese the boss. For example the one where you need to defeat the commander in the tutorial can be quite hard on Tactician (you need to use explosive barrels)

I wonder if someone can make a timeline for getting all the trophies efficiently, like saving in certain places to get every ending

Edited by allw231

3 hours ago, Chettlar said:

Is anyone having trophies not pop? I'm trying to get the one for getting an unarmed strike kill. Worked on PC. Won't pop on playstation.

You have to enable cross save on PC in the options before starting on PS5 I think.

Just got it. You can use the Mind Flayer stuck under the debris near the beginning of the game (just before Emerald Grove, after the prologue). Makes it super easy since he can't fight back lol.

Spoiler

Choose to keep him alive, then just hit him with the unarmed strike.

19 hours ago, Chettlar said:

15 hours ago, Velvet said:

Just got it. You can use the Mind Flayer stuck under the debris near the beginning of the game (just before Emerald Grove, after the prologue). Makes it super easy since he can't fight back lol.

Hide contents

Choose to keep him alive, then just hit him with the unarmed strike.

I have the same problem. 

Tried it with the Mind Flayer and I also killed Astarion with unarmed strike. Trophy doesn't pop.

Edit: I believe I know what the issue is.
It doesn't work with a save where you have already met the criteria for the trophy on PC. I tried it with my monk playthrough where I unlocked the same achievement on PC early on, and it didn't work. I tried it again with another save where I have never fought unarmed, and it worked first try.

Edited by Couga83

23 hours ago, Couga83 said:

I have the same problem. 

Tried it with the Mind Flayer and I also killed Astarion with unarmed strike. Trophy doesn't pop.

Edit: I believe I know what the issue is.
It doesn't work with a save where you have already met the criteria for the trophy on PC. I tried it with my monk playthrough where I unlocked the same achievement on PC early on, and it didn't work. I tried it again with another save where I have never fought unarmed, and it worked first try.

I KNEW it. That had to be the case. Ah well, maybe I'll save it for the platinum trophy haha. Depending of course on if I don't get it on one of my other characters.

Thanks for confirming.

Just want to reiterate some other comments here and say that it is really worth going in blind on your first playthrough. Obviously, play however you want, but BG3 really sings when you have to make decisions without a clear right answer -- or when you don't even realize you're giving an "answer" in the first place. 

• Like 1

Do the missable trophies in this force you down long paths/chains of events you might not want to follow, roleplaying-wise? Like maybe you can't kill an NPC you hate early in the game because they've got a missable quest in Act 2 that nets you a trophy, for example?

Or are missable trophies here more like "make a save where it matters, do the specific quick thing, get your trophy in like 5-10 minutes, reload and do what you actually want to do"?

If they railroad you a lot then I'll definitely go for a blind playthrough first, but if they don't I might consider some minimal guidance here and there.

Edited by Umdytr

10 hours ago, Umdytr said:

Do the missable trophies in this force you down long paths/chains of events you might not want to follow, roleplaying-wise? Like maybe you can't kill an NPC you hate early in the game because they've got a missable quest in Act 2 that nets you a trophy, for example?

There are definitely cases like that.

Spoiler

Karlach for example can be killed in Act 1, when you follow Wylls Quest.
But the date with her for her trophy happens in Act 3.

Trophies like "Save all tieflings" are affected throughout the entire game.

2 hours ago, Icerunner45 said:

Do you have to buy the pc version to be able to convert the saves to the ps5?

How do you have PC saves without owning the game?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Was getting ready to start this, and wanted to know how importing/exporting work? Can I play a campaign in co-op and import that into a single-player game?

If you start a co op campaign with a friend you can still use that save as a single player game. Your friends character will still be in the game but controlled by you.

On 9/8/2023 at 8:04 PM, fjyingturk said:

If you start a co op campaign with a friend you can still use that save as a single player game. Your friends character will still be in the game but controlled by you.

Is it like BG1 and 2 where I can import my max level character for another campaign?

Edit: You cannot.

Edited by sepheroithisgod

On 9/6/2023 at 1:01 AM, Couga83 said:

There are definitely cases like that.

Reveal hidden contents

Karlach for example can be killed in Act 1, when you follow Wylls Quest.
But the date with her for her trophy happens in Act 3.

Trophies like "Save all tieflings" are affected throughout the entire game.

How do you have PC saves without owning the game?

By downloading them…