Trophy Thoughts?

Darkwing___Duck

Hello, Trophy Hunters
2023 seems to be the year when a lot of great games were released.
From Metacritic and other websites
Like The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom,

this game's trophy list, which received the highest score, has finally been released.
What do you think about the trophy difficulty of this game? It looks pretty good.

Unfortunately, I don't know English.
I hope subtitles in other languages such as Korean will be updated in this game.🙏😁

Edited by Kazya-_-

21 minutes ago, Darkwing___Duck said:

Can people, who are already playing the PC version give us some insight on to how much you have to go out of your way of playing for some of the trophies? :D

But generally I really like the amount of different things for the trophies and I am very much looking forward to it.

It's pretty extensive, you'll probably need multiple playthroughs, unless you start on Tactician and stick your nose in a very detailed guide. Still you might need to start new characters and do some things differently. I'd say at least two playthroughs or using multiple saves.

As for the "trophy thoughts", my only problem is that Baldur's Gate II uses Roman number, this one doesn't, looks stupid.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

It's pretty extensive, you'll probably need multiple playthroughs, unless you start on Tactician and stick your nose in a very detailed guide. Still you might need to start new characters and do some things differently. I'd say at least two playthroughs or using multiple saves.

As for the "trophy thoughts", my only problem is that Baldur's Gate II uses Roman number, this one doesn't, looks stupid.

You're right, just noticed the thing with the number as well.

And since the logo of the game uses the roman number too, this makes even less sence. Really strange decision. 

The two main drivers of how many playthroughs that you need are: one run needs to be on Tactician (hardest difficulty), and one run needs to be as a player that multiclasses into all 12 classes with no resets. Theoretically this could be the same run but I imagine it could be pretty challenging, especially if you're new to DnD.

Personally, I'll be doing a no guide Tactician run first, followed by a Jack of all Trades run (co-op with the wife). The only trophies remaining should be boss and ending related and easy to achieve by loading earlier saves.

Edit: Looks like there's a trophy related to The Dark Urge, which is one of the origin characters. Shouldn't be an issue as long as you go with The Dark Urge for one of your runs.

Edited by BusyFace13
  • Like 1

I've seen PC players say for the jack of all trades trophy you can recruit a "hireling"  when you're level 12 and multiclass them in to every class and get it that way rather than having to do it on your own player character.

Saving all tiefling refugees in one play through will be one to watch out for and you'll only know if you get it when the end credits play.

Think it's easily going to be 100+ hours for the platinum with a few different playthroughs.

Given that the final Act/Act 3 felt very unfinished and rushed to a lot of people, as much as I'm interested in playing this game I would 100% wait for an eventual Definitive Edition where they will iron everything out. Plus, I'm playing Starfield on Steam atm so not in a rush at all. Still, looks like a decent trophy list, might need 2-3 playthroughs given how much you want to cram in one playthrough. 

3 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

Given that the final Act/Act 3 felt very unfinished and rushed to a lot of people, as much as I'm interested in playing this game I would 100% wait for an eventual Definitive Edition where they will iron everything out. Plus, I'm playing Starfield on Steam atm so not in a rush at all. Still, looks like a decent trophy list, might need 2-3 playthroughs given how much you want to cram in one playthrough. 

So same as in Original Sin 2? I read a couple of reviews and did not see them mentioning that as it was one of my fears, that the final act might fall off again.

But other than that I am also interested how difficult Tactician is here, maybe compared to DOS 1 & 2. Of course it all comes down to class and everything, DOS was easier with Lone Wolf, but I would still say DOS 1 is harder the 2 for example.

23 minutes ago, BusyFace13 said:

The two main drivers of how many playthroughs that you need are: one run needs to be on Tactician (hardest difficulty), and one run needs to be as a player that multiclasses into all 12 classes with no resets. Theoretically this could be the same run but I imagine it could be pretty challenging, especially if you're new to DnD.

Personally, I'll be doing a no guide Tactician run first, followed by a Jack of all Trades run (co-op with the wife). The only trophies remaining should be boss and ending related and easy to achieve by loading earlier saves.

Edit: Looks like there's a trophy related to The Dark Urge, which is one of the origin characters. Shouldn't be an issue as long as you go with The Dark Urge for one of your runs.

According to several PC Players, you can get the Jack of All Trades trophy by using a Hireling. When you are Level 12, Summon a Hireling you have not used before, and level up the Hireling with each of the 12 Classes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RainesFall said:

Any PC players able to give some idea how difficult Tactician is? 

Other than that, list looks good, but will likely need a couple of focused playthroughs or to keep certain things in mind, especially the situational boss trophies. 

Only through act 1 so far on tactician but so far I'd say it requires a bit more advance planning and tactical thinking than normal to make it through some of the encounters. I'd noticed I've resorted to using potions, scrolls and other consumables a lot more so far in tactician to help. It's also worth talking your way out of some fights, if possible (you still get xp for completing objectives without violence!). Save often with multiple saves is always recommended. 

The noticeable differences:

- Enemies are a bit smarter and will focus attacks on priority targets: will hit characters who are unconscious, will target low hp/low ac/concentrating characters etc.

- Enemies get a flat +2 to their attack rolls (maybe saves...i'd have to double check but definitely on attack rolls).

- It takes 2x the amount of camp supplies to long rest (80 vs 40)

I'm in Act 3 on the hardest difficulty on PC. For me at least it's disappointingly easy (but from what I've read online, most people find the game hard even on normal/easy difficulty. I think Patch 1 made easy even easier with extra HP). There are enough camp supplies to abuse rests, and enough EXP to level up so fast you will out level everyone (reached max level very early in Act 3)

All I want to know now if cross-save will make the trophies auto-pop

57 minutes ago, Spraragen88 said:

This is one of those few games where I implore you to play through without hunting for trophies the first time around.

It is much more fun to experience the game without a guide and when the random trophies pop it is a lot more satisfying. It will take 2-3 playthroughs anyway, so might as well make the first one the most interesting. 

I implore you! Just like Bill Williamson from Red Dead. You just got a +1 my guy

1 hour ago, Aeternull said:

I'm in Act 3 on the hardest difficulty on PC. For me at least it's disappointingly easy (but from what I've read online, most people find the game hard even on normal/easy difficulty. I think Patch 1 made easy even easier with extra HP). There are enough camp supplies to abuse rests, and enough EXP to level up so fast you will out level everyone (reached max level very early in Act 3)

A user here in psnprofiles asked the devs about auto popping trophies in this game and they answered trophies won’t unlock retroactively when loading a save. 

No Honour mode, and plenty of OP builds so most likely a pretty easy platinum overall.

I'm pretty sure telekinesis works the same as DOS 1 and 2 for example, and it completely trivialize any combat in the game. So that's really 3 point of difficulty off. The rest of the trophies is just planning well your decisions.

Edited by GastNDorf

2 hours ago, Aeternull said:

Agreed. I have had 0 issues with tactician and I am also on Act 3.

Aside from Grym boss without using the hammer thing.

Also, trophies wont autopop. It is unconfirmed if the cross-save helps or not though. It will likely still pop things if you do them, like beating the last quest on tactician etc.

8 hours ago, fbdbh said:

I could have lived a peaceful existence not having this pointed out and you ruined it :(.

I highly recommend playing this game blind your first time! I already have this on steam but will be getting it on PS5. I have gotten most of the steam achievements accidently. Just enjoy the first run. You can save in the middle of dialog so for the various trophies that require choices, pick the choice that causes X, then reload and do what you actually want.

• Like 3