PSNP Interviews: ViperLance34 - Submit Your Questions!

Hello and welcome back to Member Interviews! Things have been a bit delayed the past couple of months so I'll get the ball rolling with questions for the next one while we wait for the answers to the previous interview.

Our next interviewee is none other than @ViperLance34, who's at this very moment poised like a viper, ready to answer any questions you may have!

ViperLance34.png

Questions can be submitted starting now until September 17th, 2023. Viper has provided the community with a snippet to help you come up with questions.

About Me

Hey everyone! Viper here, though most people online call me Lance. I'm not too active on the forums so I'm more of a lurker here. Not too big on online social media, my Facebook and Instagram accounts are pretty barren.

I've been gaming since I was a kid. I remember my first videogame ever being Super Mario Bros. on a Famiclone. Famiclones were pretty popular in eastern Europe (I was born in Romania) back in the 90's. My parents then got me a PS1 with Crash Bandicoot which sealed my everlasting loyalty to the PlayStation brand. I've owned every PS console ever made. I had a brief Nintendo phase with the Wii and the 3DS but then went back to PlayStation with the PS3 back in 2012. I still have the Wii hooked to my TV though. It always gets used when I have guests at home.

I started trophy hunting on the PS3 and I really can't get enough of it. It scratches an itch I never thought I had. I've always been kind of a completionist since the PS1 days. I've 100% all the Crash games numerous times even back when I was a kid. I've collected quite the amount of ultra rare platinums over the years, particularly the ones for Guitar Hero and Rock Band. I'm a big fan of rock and metal music so I just had to have them in my collection.

Another recent hobby that I picked up during the covid days is music production. I've set up my room very much like a recording studio and have been producing niche electronic rock music for the past 3 years. Specifically it's Drum 'n' Bass infused with rock/metal guitars. The genre isn't very popular and this subgenre (which some call Metalbass) is even less known, but I just freaking love it! I mustly do remixes of popular rock/pop songs but I also made a few original tracks. I'll leave you guys a link to my YouTube channel if you're curious.

As for my personal life, I'm 30 years old and currently living in Italy with my girlfriend of 1.5 years. I work as a cyber security analyst for a pretty big italian company. I've always had a knack for computers so I thought the best course of action would be to work in IT. Been working in this field for the past 7 years and I couldn't ask for a better job.

Interview setup 

The setup for all PSNP interviews will be as follows:

1. After the new interviewee have been revealed, the PSNP community will have 10 days to ask their questions. While the community is coming up with questions, the interviewee has the time to work on the 17 standard questions
  2. After those 10 days, those questions, along with the standard questions, will be sent to the interviewee.
  3. The interviewee will have another 7 days to answer as many of the questions as they want.
  4. Once the interviewee has finished answering the questions, I will post the whole interview in a new thread.

How to be an interviewee

As we've had a lot of interest, new applications are temporarily closed, but I'll open the interview signup thread back up after more names have been cleared.

List of questions

Standard Questions

1. How did you come up with your PSN name?
  2. What games convinced you to get your PlayStation 3, Playstation Vita, PlayStation 4, and Playstation 5?
  3. What are your top 5 game series and why?
  4. What are your top 5 games and why?
  5. Which unreleased game(s) are you looking forward to the most and why?
  6. Do you have any other hobbies outside of gaming?
  7. Top 5 TV shows, movies, and/or anime, why, and would you recommend them to people?
  8. Top 5 favorite music bands/group/artists/composers/OST?
  9. Your favorite platinum and why?
  10. Your least favorite platinum and why?
  11. Have you ever been tempted to switch over to the Xbox/Nintendo/PC gaming ecosystems?
  12. If you could have one game from any gaming generation be remade or re-released, which one would it be and why?
  13. How far are you willing to go for a platinum?
  14. If you could give Sony direct feedback on business decisions in the last year, and the latest console generation, what would you tell them?
  15. What is your favorite thing about PSNP?
  16. What is your least favorite thing about PSNP?
  17. Is there anyone in the PSNP Community you would like to give a shout-out to and if so, why?

PSNP Community Questions (updated periodically)

1. Do you have/had any pets?
  2. Are you disappointed by the lack of Rockband and Guitar Hero?
    1. If yes, has there been any game that's filled the void? Outside of your actual music production.
  3. What's your opinion on fish fingers?
  4. What would you do if you had the ability to teleport short distances? Like 20 metres instantly.
  5. Do you have any plans to Platinum the other Crash Bandicoot games you haven't finished yet in the future?
  6. What are your thoughts on the modern PlayStation classics on PS4 and PS5? How are you liking the experience of trophy hunting in these PS1 and PSP titles?
  7. If you could add a Platinum trophy to any one of the non-Platinum games you've played, what game would you add a Platinum to, and why?
  8. Whats your worst gaming experience, one you regret?

9. Have you ever almost given up gaming? if yes, why? (if it's personal, just say personal)

10. If you could only have 1 game to play for the rest of your life what would it be?

11. Who're your favorite Drum & Bass producers/DJs who've inspired your music?

12. First, I'd be interested in the link to your YT channel so I could hear your music!

13. Which game were you excited about but found you just didn't like it?

14. It sounds like you have your dream job!  Are there any other areas in IT you'd like to explore or possibly move into?

15. You have quite a few trophies that are really an accomplishment.  One is your plat for Terraria, which I've always wanted to play.  Did you enjoy this game casually or get in the mood to play hours at a time?

16. How much wood would a Viper chuck if a Viper could chuck wood??! 

17. Okay now for a serious question... If Crash Bandicoot and Mario had a baby... Who would be the father?!

18. Since you like computers and work as a cyber security analyst, have you seen Ghost in the Shell (1995)? If yes, what do you make of it?

19. Your life seems pretty dope! Congratulations on such achievements, and really hope you can keep up! Your ID remembers me a lot of Pokémon; first for Seviper and the Elite Four Trainer Lance (a Pokémon master on Dragon type). Which is your favorite Pokémon to date?

20. What's your favorite Pokémon generation so far?

21. Are you planning on marriage?

22. Did you study musical theory or did you just learn everything by simple practice and looking here and there and the joining everything together?

23. As you work in IT, and you're passionate about video games, have you ever thought in working for any VG development house?

24. What's "34" stand for? My "91" has its meaning, not just random, LOL.

25. I'd like to visit Italy, I might do so in the next years. What's the best food in the country, and where can I find it?

26. What's your favorite meal in your country?

27. Have you traveled around Europe or the world?

28. Which is your dream country?

29. How did your current job has affected your trophy hunting or gaming in general? I know that's a bunch of questions, but I'm really curious about you, bro. You basically are a real life cool spy ninja James Bond, a man you always must aspire to be! 

Edited by Charizarzar
  • Like 2

1. Do you have/had any pets?
  2. Are you disappointed by the lack of Rockband and Guitar Hero?
    1. If yes, has there been any game that's filled the void? Outside of your actual music production.
  3. What's your opinion on fish fingers?
  4. What would you do if you had the ability to teleport short distances? Like 20 metres instantly.
  • Like 1

• Do you have any plans to Platinum the other Crash Bandicoot games you haven't finished yet in the future?
  • What are your thoughts on the modern PlayStation classics on PS4 and PS5? How are you liking the experience of trophy hunting in these PS1 and PSP titles?
  • If you could add a Platinum trophy to any one of the non-Platinum games you've played, what game would you add a Platinum to, and why?

First, I'd be interested in the link to your YT channel so I could hear your music!

1.  Which game were you excited about but found you just didn't like it?

2. It sounds like you have your dream job!  Are there any other areas in IT you'd like to explore or possibly move into?

3. You have quite a few trophies that are really an accomplishment.  One is your plat for Terraria, which I've always wanted to play.  Did you enjoy this game casually or get in the mood to play hours at a time?

• Like 2

Your life seems pretty dope! Congratulations on such achievements, and really hope you can keep up!

1. Your ID remembers me a lot of Pokémon; first for Seviper and the Elite Four Trainer Lance (a Pokémon master on Dragon type). Which is your favorite Pokémon to date?

2. What's your favorite Pokémon generation so far?

3. Are you planning on marriage?

4. Did you study musical theory or did you just learn everything by simple practice and looking here and there and the joining everything together?

5. As you work in IT, and you're passionate about video games, have you ever thought in working for any VG development house?

6. What's "34" stands for? My "91" has its meaning, not just random, LOL.

7. I'll like to visit Italy, I might do so in the next years. What's the best food in the country, and where can I find it?

8. What's your favorite meal in your country?

9. Have you traveled around Europe or the world?

10. Which is your dream country?

11. How did your current job has affected your trophy hunting or gaming in general?

I know there's a bunch, but I'm really curious about you, bro. You basically are a real life cool spy ninja James Bond, a man always must aspire to be! 

• Like 1