Online in late 2023

Quixotesque

Now that I'm getting back to using my PS3 more, I was browsing through the various games I have sitting there gathering dust and thought I'd try to hunt down the platinum for the best GTA in terms of storytelling.

The problem, of course, comes from the online trophies. Is it viable today to get all the trophies online? Is there much risk in terms of hackers on the servers and potential bans?

I would like to know the status of the servers, if anyone is playing it now.
Thank you very much

Happy hunting!

4 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Wrong version, he's asking about the PS3 release which was shutdown nearly 2 years ago.

I think V is the one shutdown. IV is still 100%able. As people still getting 100% on here. 

edit: if I remembered it correctly. I could be wrong. 

Edited by ZEE11W

21 minutes ago, JeffGordon2 said:

GTA 4 is still up.  GTA 5 on PS3 is not.  When it comes to GTA 4 though  It's definitely safest to boost privately and you'll need 4 people at max which is for team game modes.  Then the rest is 3 people or less IIRC.  most of the playtime can be done with just two people though.

Do you remember how long does it take to complete the multiplayer portion of GTA IV?

45 minutes ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

Do you remember how long does it take to complete the multiplayer portion of GTA IV?

It depends on a couple factors.  If you're self boosting it's a lot faster as you don't have to swap wins for all of the game modes for the awp trophy (winning all multiplayer game modes).  It's also a glitchy trophy so you might have to do wins again if that happens but it seems to be if your internet goes out it can glitch. I'd estimate at least 8 to 10 hours to do the wins for awp if you're self boosting. The other part is reaching max rank which is level 10.  There's a couple afk methods that are in the multiplayer guide you can do but I've never tried those as I did the hangman's noose mission for xp.  If you do hangman's noose it takes around 500 or more completions of the mission on hard iirc.  it's probably around 25 to 30 hours for max rank with hangman's noose method but it's less efficient that way.  I'd estimate at least 8 to 10 hours to do the wins for awp if you're self boosting

It's not just the grind as well, although the awp trophy can glitch on you or you might have missed 1 race somewhere if your trading wins with someone. And the wanted trophy being almost unbearable unless you have 2 ps3s and 2 copies of GTA 4 and glitch it. You also have to deal with a trophy called "fly the coop" which requires you to get really tight time limits. This trophy is hard, and you and your coop partners could be banging your heads on this for many hours. Because it runs like shit on PS3 mainly, you have to force yourself to get good at these missions. You will probably need to get a team of 4 players to make it easier. I tried them with only 1 player and we couldn't get 1 time requirement so good luck.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/18/2023 at 5:05 PM, JeffGordon2 said:

GTA 4 is still up.  GTA 5 on PS3 is not.  When it comes to GTA 4 though  It's definitely safest to boost privately and you'll need 4 people at max which is for team game modes.  Then the rest is 3 people or less IIRC.  most of the playtime can be done with just two people though.

So four are enough for whole boost including dlc? Or is dlc online?

3 hours ago, JeffGordon2 said:

Dlc is not online at all.  Only the 10 trophies at the bottom in the base game are online trophies if you're looking at the original order of the list.  It's just that you need to have the dlc installed for an afk exploit for xp  @DividedByMankind

Thanks for info👍 I am still debating on this one and red dead PS3! Still debating if i wanna go for the painy struggle!

One quick question about gta4, one trophy is 6 ppl? Right? And rest can be done with 4 consoles(Alts) ? 

Yes i know that the time based trophy needs to be physical players aswell, but other than those two, rest can be boosted with alts?👍

22 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

Thanks for info👍 I am still debating on this one and red dead PS3! Still debating if i wanna go for the painy struggle!

One quick question about gta4, one trophy is 6 ppl? Right? And rest can be done with 4 consoles(Alts) ? 

Yes i know that the time based trophy needs to be physical players aswell, but other than those two, rest can be boosted with alts?👍

They're both terrific games for sure.  The teamplayer trophy in GTA 4 implies 6 people but there's a trick to do it that only requires 3 people to pull of.  Have two people stay in the game and have the person getting the trophy kill the other two opponents.  Have one of them leave and rejoin and killed again it should count as another person.  Rinse and repeat until they earn the trophy.  Yes the rest of the game besides coop missions (idk if you can solo coop missions) can be boosted with alts to swap all of the wins.  

Edited by JeffGordon2
  • Like 2

On 10/16/2023 at 12:36 AM, JeffGordon2 said:

They're both terrific games for sure.  The teamplayer trophy in GTA 4 implies 6 people but there's a trick to do it that only requires 3 people to pull of.  Have two people stay in the game and have the person getting the trophy kill the other two opponents.  Have one of them leave and rejoin and killed again it should count as another person.  Rinse and repeat until they earn the trophy.  Yes the rest of the game besides coop missions (idk if you can solo coop missions) can be boosted with alts to swap all of the wins.  

Great tip!

• Like 1

On 10/15/2023 at 8:09 AM, DividedByMankind said:

You are right, some game modes require 3 people (Mafiya for example) and the other requires 4 players to start (Car Jack FFA). The only trophy you need players for is Fly The Coop, the whole rest you can do by yourself and it will be muuuuuch faster than switching race wins with a friend (like I had to do - I only have 1 PS3).
I am only missing WANTED at this point and the grind is painful. Good lock with the hunting!