Disney Speedstorm is now FREE

PeacefulGuy0

21 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

Eh, I'd have given it a go if it weren't for those damn online trophies.

It's a free to play game, as a service, so the focus is that people play online despite the offline mode. The online trophies are part of the game and it wouldn't even be on the store without it.

Just now, Jeanolt said:

It's a free to play game, as a service, so the focus is that people play online despite the offline mode. The online trophies are part of the game and it wouldn't even be on the store without it.

It's free NOW, but that doesn't matter.

I know how GaaS and F2P work, that doesn't change the fact that I'm not playing a game with online trophies like this one has

• Like 1

Seems like some of the trophies are glitched now.

For the Experienced Crew trophy I did some MP back in Season 2 and reached a rank of 56. Did some more MP today (Season 4) and my in game stats say I am now rank 70 but the trophy tracker is stuck at 56/100.

The Framed! trophy is also glitched. I got 25 mottos and the in game achievement for collecting 25 mottos unlocked but the trophy did not and the trophy tracker is stuck at 17/25.

Edited by lordzeze
  • Haha 2

Can confirm that on the PS5 version, Experienced Crew, Framed!, and Perfectly Poised trophies are glitched. I did the requirements for all of them today and unlocked the in game achievements for all of them but the trophies did not unlock and the trophy trackers are stuck at the numbers they were before the patch today.

Thought I might get them to pop on the PS4 version as the progress is shared, but upon booting up the PS4 version 0/24 trophies popped and after playing a couple races not a single trophy will pop.

So yeah, looks like the update today completely broke the trophies.

Edited by lordzeze
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now that the trophies appear to be fixed, can anyone share how this game is to complete now that it's gone free to play?

I'm interested in picking it up but I know some trophies can become outrageously grindy when f2p mechanics are introduced.  Would love to be able to play and not have to engage with microtransactions or a 200+ hour grind.

On 10/9/2023 at 12:10 AM, IceKingzV2 said:

Now that the trophies appear to be fixed, can anyone share how this game is to complete now that it's gone free to play?

I'm interested in picking it up but I know some trophies can become outrageously grindy when f2p mechanics are introduced.  Would love to be able to play and not have to engage with microtransactions or a 200+ hour grind.

it's more of a wait then a grind as you need to wait for each chapter in single player to release, they pretty much have a new one every week and that's the only way to earn stars for the 300 you need

I'm enjoying it. The single player Chapters updating each week is slightly annoying, but I suppose if you started playing right at the end of a season you could get 300 badges in the one go. 

Since it's free to play and has several currencies (three, with two you can buy with real money) it has some free to wait mechanics too. Limited events that are updated every day with some lasting a week, or the weekend, that sort of thing. If you have a racer levelled highly enough you can win these or at least complete the objectives and earn some upgrade resources. 

I think the trophy that will take the longest - outside of the 3 star racer ones which will just be dependent on which shards you earn - is the Collection Level 10 one. I reached level 5 the other day and there's honestly not much more I can do to unlock characters/crew/items. Playing multiplayer constantly would do it but I don't really want to (the 30 wins/100 podiums trophies are easy, don't be put off by that), I'm enjoying just dipping in and out. 

Overall I think the game has the right balance of engaging and brief. Realistically unless you spend money on it you can't make lots of progress towards trophies or unlocks in a single sitting, so it's at its most satisfying when you just dip in and out for an hour or so here or there. 

Edited by stpatty
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to add that the Multiplayer (Ranked especially) could be boosted a little bit, at least on the lower levels (until 16 MPR which is Platinum and where you are loosing if you are in the second half of the players, e.g. 5-8 of 8, 4-5 of 5 - the only good thing here is that we odd numbers like 3 players the middle player still getting some points).

To the boost. If all but one player would exit, then remaining automatically wins! So it is easy enough to boost rating/wins with understanding partner when you are existing the Multiplayer game one by one.

For this to work it is also crucial to disable Crossplay! Then there would be just you and other rare visitors and the chance to meet your boosting partner getting higher.

• Like 1