Sony Pictures Core

TheDarkKratos

I'm on Plus Essential, and this didn't even make me consider upgrading for a split second.  Even if I didn't have Netflix or Prime, my local library system has thousands of movies, shows, and games, including everything brand new as its released.  It also has a free digital viewing service with about 10 times the amount of movies and shows of this lame excuse Sony provides, and it's all free with a library card.  I can't even begin to express how underwhelming this is, especially when a simple google search specifies that "The Sony Pictures Motion Picture Group's vast film library includes more than 3,500 titles" and this perk includes maybe up to 100, in some regions.  That's just laughable.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Helyx said:

It could be worse...they could have added a bunch of episodes of The Tester to our download lists.

Maan! It's been years since I've seen The Tester mentioned, I remember those episodes were free to download on the PSP. It was actually really bad lol

• Like 1

I find it just a little bit scummy that in every post Sony has done about this, they've used films like the various Spider-Man ones, Uncharted, Ghostbusters Afterlife, Bullet Train etc and when you actually get into the Plus section, there's none up to that level of hype. Would've thought they'd chuck something "big" on there as an incentive.

Don't get me wrong - there's a few decent movies on there but they're older ones that I've seen before. There's also Jack & Jill, Baby Geniuses and the god awful third I Know What You Did Last Summer. US selection seems a lot better than the UK one as well.

It's early days yet and it's not like I'm being forced to use it so ehh.

On 10/8/2023 at 6:05 AM, Jeanolt said:

Maan! It's been years since I've seen The Tester mentioned, I remember those episodes were free to download on the PSP. It was actually really bad lol

Then there was Powers

• Like 2

On 10/7/2023 at 2:12 PM, Colin_Raleigh said:

So is this why Sony increased the price of Plus? If so, then this is going to go over like a fart in church. 💩

No. Corporate greed was far and away the reason they increased it across the board. The 100 included movies with Premium (not much with how expensive Premium is) is just a small justification. 

• Like 1

It's not a good service in my opinion.  Tried to watch a movie and CONSTANT buffering every 10-15 seconds.  I can watch Netflix, Peacock, and Disney+ on my PS5 with no issues.

It is definitely not optimized.  I wouldn't recommend using, unless maybe you have very fast internet and/or a wired connection.

• Like 1