Sony Pictures Core

TheDarkKratos

Sony has announced Sony Pictures Core, a new video streaming service that offers free movie streaming to PS Plus Premium subscribers on PS4 and PS5 consoles. The new service is part of Sony recent revamp of its PlayStation Plus subscription service. PS Plus Premium subscribers will have access to a rotating catalog of up to 100 movies to stream for free, with a selection already available that includes titles like Looper and Resident Evil Damnation.

Edited by TheDarkKratos

Should be said that I dont have the same selection here in the Netherlands. The amount is a lot lower. Most, if not all, movies are already quite a few years old and are on Netflix already. 

Still it's a nice "bonus". (Here hoping that this bonus wasnt one of the arguments to justify the PS+ price hike)

Edited by Bumperklever
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Laxus-0 said:

PlayStation Netflix, the one thing we all wanted.

-

Yeah, like a hole in the head. I checked their movie selections. And most of them I already have access to.

Why would anyone who doesn't already have a Premium subscription bother? They have Jack & Shit.

There's an old saying - "Jump on the Band Wagon". Sony.

There are already IMHO enough streaming services.

Edited by TheDarkKratos
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TheDarkKratos said:

I already have access to.

Why would anyone who doesn't already have a Premium subscription bother? They have Jack & Shit.

100% with you on it. If I wanted Netflix I'd would have payed for it.

The fact is plan to see. It's a gateway to get us to see if a movie is free. See it not and hope we pay for it. That it. And the fact that I or anyone that doesn't want it. Has to have a price increase do to them adding juck we don't it BS.

And ya there going to do the same with Crunchyroll. You can access to last 2 year+ that ever pirate site has already copied by now. But the new day of stuff will be locked to the pay service. Which will work on the lesser minded of is. And that's the most maddening thing. Sucker will fall into this obvious trap.

Edited by Zid960
spelling
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, xh117 said:

No one asked for this.

Exactly. We ask for things, we don't receive. We don't ask, and we get this.

4 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

(Here hoping that this bonus wasnt one of the arguments to justify the PS+ price hike)

Indeed. A valid point. I reckon you're right to some degree.

28 minutes ago, Zid960 said:

If I wanted Netflix I'd would have payed for it.

Key point here. Don't forget the SONY glasses. Lol

12 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Instead it just kind of feels like filler to justify a price increase.

Sony believe that MORE is better. It's not. I would rather a peanut butter and jelly sandwich than their new streaming service.

Edited by TheDarkKratos

100 films that are on any other streaming service you most likely already have and anything you do want you have to buy or rent LOL waste of the storage space. Plus I have a UK account (originally from the UK) my PS Store is UK but then this is Swedish lmao. But they refuse to let me change the country I live in to Sweden. GG Sony 

• Like 1

It adds some additional value to the service, sure, despite the movie selection being not that great. But personally I don't buy a gaming subscription to get movies on it and I'd much rather have the additional value in games. 

I kinda wonder if the app is at least good. A while back they were testing a video streaming service for Plus subscribers in my country and the app itself definitely didn't impress.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Way overpriced.  20 to rent some movies is just laughable.

I wouldn't have anyway but still hilarious.  Deleted app after a quick browse.

That's more or less the standard for the most recent movies. After a few months they drop down to $5 or so but if you go to Apple TV for something very recent like for example Barbie then you will have to pay $20 to rent. The prices on Core looked like industry standards to me. 

I won't use it to rent movies because you can't see details like languages or subtitles before renting on Core while you can on Apple TV. Might use it for a free movie to two. 

• Like 1