New DLC, PS5 Version coming

DEI2EK

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/10/dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-major-free-update-launches-october-12-coming-to-ps5-and-xbox-series-in-2024

October 12th 2023

New event: Festival of Universes

New battle mode: Cross Versus

Awoken Skill: Ultra Instinct

Some feature improvements

Welcome Campaign

Log-in bonus (limited time): October 12 to 19

Free trial for select downloadable content characters: October 12 to 19

Playable characters: Android 17 (DB Super), Bojack, Cabba, Dabura Majin Buu (Gohan Absort Android 13, Frost, Fu, Fused Zamasu orbed), God of Destruction Champa, Goku (Ultra Instinct), Jiren, Kefla (Super Saiyan) Broly Full Power Super Salyan, SSGSS Gogeta, SSGSS Vegito, Super Baby 2, Tapion, Vados Rose Goku Black, Zamasu

New downloadable content

Additional scenario

Additional playable characters

Other contents

PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series versions launch

spacer.png

Crazy how this game is still getting DLC 7 years later

• Like 4

• 4 months later...
On 10/13/2023 at 2:12 AM, sepheroithisgod said:

Guess Xenoverse 3 is just a dream lol

A bad nightmare more like it. There's no reason for it. It'll look mostly the same, no better than a PS5 update will look and it'll start off again with less content, like XV2 did compared to 1. The core gameplay will barely change, no more than a rebalancing patch could change it if they were interested in doing so. You'd just be paying new game price for a lesser version of XV2 and waiting for DLC packs to bring back stuff you already bought on XV2.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Publisher Bandai Namco and developer Dimps have announced Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 “Future Saga,” a new series of four downloadable content chapters.

“For the first time since the original game launched, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 will look to the future and the coming of a new age,” the press release reads. “Fu is naturally at the center of things, and when experiments with super villain energy are involved, things can’t be headed in a good direction. Players will be able to find out what’s at stake when the downloadable content releases in the near future! ”

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam, and will launch for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series on May 24.

dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-update-roadmap.l

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I bought Xenoverse 2 a while ago but I haven't started it yet.

Do you know if the PS5 version will have all DLCs included? (or at least the necessary DLCs for trophies)

If I wait to the release, I will be able to choose the PS5 version with my PS4 disc?

On 17/04/2024 at 18:34, Angulus said:

J'ai acheté Xenoverse 2 il y a quelque temps mais je ne l'ai pas encore commencé.

Savez-vous si la version PS5 inclura tous les DLC ? (ou au moins les DLC nécessaires pour les trophées)

Si j'attends la sortie, pourrai-je choisir la version PS5 avec mon disque PS4 ?

yes yes included all the dlc and yes you will be able to play ps5 version even if you have the ps4 version game

5 minutes ago, The-Trophes-14 said:

yes yes included all the dlc and yes you will be able to play ps5 version even if you have the ps4 version game

That's not what I understand from the 1st post, if there will be a free trial for dlc characters, that means they won't be free at the end of the trial.

I guess if you already own the dlc, they will surely be free, but not if you didn't pay it.

Anyway, all dlc trophies are tied to free update, so you don't need to pay anything for the 100%, unless they release new dlc trophies.

18 minutes ago, Djak276 said:

That's not what I understand from the 1st post, if there will be a free trial for dlc characters, that means they won't be free at the end of the trial.

I guess if you already own the dlc, they will surely be free, but not if you didn't pay it.

Anyway, all dlc trophies are tied to free update, so you don't need to pay anything for the 100%, unless they release new dlc trophies.

Unless they've changed something recently, the extra pack trophies 1 and 2 are paid dlc

56 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Unless they've changed something recently, the extra pack trophies 1 and 2 are paid dlc

Oh yes, my bad. Forgot about those two, I was focused on Hero Coliseum dlc, this one was so annoying 😅

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Not sure if this was mentioned before but does the PS4 physical version include a free upgrade for PS5?

I'm guessing its the same as FighterZ but if anyone can confirm would be very appreciated.

EDIT:

now that I think about it. Theres no such thing as a Definitive Edition right? if I understand correctly they are still releasing new characters and the super Duper Edition includes only a couple of season passes right?

Edited by veinte-justo
Add extra question