New data suggests PlayStation PC trophies are in the works

SlyAceZeta

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/psn-data-reportedly-hints-at-trophies-for-playstation-pc-games/

TrueTrophies has picked up what appears to be a testing trophy list (not attached to any game) with the new platform "PSPC", possibly indicating PSN trophy support for PC games.

Edited by SlyCooperFan100
Replaced link
  • Like 3

Saw this a few days ago too, a few months back i was talking to a psn friend about exclusives and all that and eventually i said, maybe in the future PlayStation will just keep releasing hardware as an option and just focus on selling software on every platform, or at least pc.

After seeing this, unless execs decide to change directions, i think gradually we will be end up in a situation similar to this where all PS games will be on pc and we could have a way to cross progression even with trophy support.

Edited by mephisto3dg
  • Like 1

Not a fan. It's going to lead to even more auto-popping if the lists are not shared. PC also opens the door for more hacking, not that we don't already deal with this, but it's way easier on PC. The hacking is the main reason not many people take Steam achievements seriously.

Edited by sepheroithisgod
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Azure Kite said:

Gonna need to employ more CRT members if this goes through. 

Cause you can bet your ass trophy hacking is gonna be rife. 

At least if they are seperate lists and tagged as pspc they are easy to segregate. 

I mean, i only play on PS atm but for what Ive seen on steam you can pretty much make yourself have 100% on any game, dont know how sony is going to implement it server side and if its going to be merged with existing psn profiles but yeah, that would pretty much make it pointless.

I dont even trophy hunt "competitively" but if a hard or annoying trophy could be unlocked by another guy just cheating i wouldnt feel the same drive to complete it, just being honest. I know for sure i wouldnt be doing collectibles, specially when they dont serve any gameplay purpose and wouldt probably end up stopping going for plats.

Edited by mephisto3dg

10 hours ago, mephisto3dg said:

I mean, i only play on PS atm but for what Ive seen on steam you can pretty much make yourself have 100% on any game, dont know how sony is going to implement it server side and if its going to be merged with existing psn profiles but yeah, that would pretty much make it pointless.

I dont even trophy hunt "competitively" but if a hard or annoying trophy could be unlocked by another guy just cheating i wouldnt feel the same drive to complete it, just being honest. I know for sure i wouldnt be doing collectibles, specially when they dont serve any gameplay purpose and wouldt probably end up stopping going for plats.

People hack trophies all the time NOW so what is your point? Just focus on the trophies you earn. 

1 hour ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

People hack trophies all the time NOW so what is your point? Just focus on the trophies you earn. 

I think i made my point pretty clear, and the current state of trophies could be much worse making leaderboards completely irrelevant and making a lot of legit users quit.

Got actually same reply on a Diablo 3 discord server when console hacking was being discussed, guess what? Almost everyone who was playing serious endgame content quit and leaderboards were filled with cheaters, literally 1000s of positions were cheaters. You couldnt find a party to push high difficulty content for that reason.

Its funny how the argument minimizing the impact of cheating was almost 1:1 with this case. "on pc they already cheat with botting". iT WAS TRUE, it was filled with bots but even then you had  to put some effort into setting the bot and then doing the actual content yourself to get a decent rank on the boards. What happened with save editors on console was on a whole other level.

Edited by mephisto3dg
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, mephisto3dg said:

I think i made my point pretty clear, and the current state of trophies could be much worse making leaderboards completely irrelevant and making a lot of legit users quit.

Got actually same reply on a Diablo 3 discord server when console hacking was being discussed, guess what? Almost everyone who was playing serious endgame content quit and leaderboards were filled with cheaters, literally 1000s of positions where cheaters. You couldnt find a party to push high difficulty content for that reason.

Leaderboards are already currently pointless from the amount of shovelware on the market. Hackers get removed fairly quickly here. 

So again, what's your point? I can't imagine too many people would quit because the leaderboards get a bit more muddy, seeing as they're already in shambles. 

If there are separate PC trophy lists, I will have a reason to play on PC more. 😂 Could be nice to use mods to spice up the game I already experienced, unless modding will disable PC trophies.

CRT will have a field day to flag hackers popping illegitimately earned trophies.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

1 hour ago, Dry said:

y_tho_meme.jpg

Steam achievements exist.

For starters, they help with sales.

Despite how much people are insisting trophies are niche, they are popular enough to actually drive sales.

Otherwise, shovelware companies and deliberately easy plats wouldn't exist.

Otherwise, notoriously easy but bad plat games would depreciate in price on the used market far more.

Otherwise, this here site would be dead.

Remember there is also Xbox achievements on pc. Oh, and some games on the Epic store come with achievements, too. It's just a good system to bind customers and get some additional sales for very little effort on the developer's side.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure if it's possible but  Sony needs to make a storefront that competes with Steam, make it better. Still offer Physical Titles.  

Also make hardware that is actually useful, able to repair / replace components. 

In terms of software, no more subscription based services. Focus on making community services like Discord. Build more Games Foundation & up. 

Since 2017 I'm just over Sony's Console Cycle, IMO there needs change or it'll fade away.

Steam OLED coming out, makes me want a new certain handheld that came out a decade ago.

• 3 weeks later...