Endurance co-op: invitations and matchmaking always FAIL

FulgidoLucio

Without going into lots of specifics, try using just your modem without a router (NAT1). If you have no router, get one so you can have a NAT2 connection.

NAT3 just means the connection type can't be identified. It's not always a bad thing (NAT1 is consistently the worst of the 3 connection types).

14 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Without going into lots of specifics, try using just your modem without a router (NAT1). If you have no router, get one so you can have a NAT2 connection.

NAT3 just means the connection type can't be identified. It's not always a bad thing (NAT1 is consistently the worst of the 3 connection types).

We both have NAT 2.

Just now, FulgidoLucio said:

We both have NAT 2.

Then you can try the other options. Perhaps try match making with a different user in a different region.

If those don't work, my guess would be an issue with one (or both) or your connections involving DMZ or uPNP. I'm not familiar with this specific game, but there could also be regional issues or country-specific server segregation.

11 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

The different countries may be the issue, when I played with a friend who lives 30 mins up the road, it ran like ass (when we eventually connected that is)

So I have to necessarily play with someone of the same country as me? That's nuts.

33 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Then you can try the other options. Perhaps try match making with a different user in a different region.

If those don't work, my guess would be an issue with one (or both) or your connections involving DMZ or uPNP. I'm not familiar with this specific game, but there could also be regional issues or country-specific server segregation.

I just tried to figure out how I can change NAT, but I never did anything with IP, it seems really complicated to me. I don't get it.

Edited by FulgidoLucio

It probably isn't you. The online mode(s) in this game are notorious for how badly they run on all platforms (if they run at all). Chances are you could be playing or trying to connect with another person in the exact same room as you and you'd still run into issues. Something to do with how the game is built to handle multiplayer from what I've read. 

I went back to finish up the endurance co-op mode earlier this year, mainly the survive for 10 days trophy and a few others, and it was pure hell. Disconnects aplenty, lots of stuttering, freezing, and other random weirdness ensued. We only got it done by sheer persistence and luck. Unfortunately there is no guarantee that anything you do will work, you just gotta find a patient partner to boost with and hope it works eventually.

6 minutes ago, FulgidoLucio said:

So it's likely that my 100% completion on any game I played is ruined forever... It's funny, last month I asked if I had to worry about this game's trophies and they said like "Don't worry"

I'm angry.

Don’t throw in the towel just yet. You may have better luck another time if you come back to it in a few days. If you’re still having troubles, you may have to try recruiting another partner, as sometimes certain connections just won’t line up no matter what you do. Try the Sessions here on PSNP — that’s where I found mine back when I did this.

Just be warned that what The Alchemist said above is very true. Even if you do get in game that’s likely not the end of your troubles, so find someone who is patient and persistent and you’ll be able to get it done.

No I wouldn't go that far and I wouldn't give up just yet. All I'm saying is be prepared for a lot of frustration. Patience is key to completing it. We got to day 9 a number of times before connection errors kicked us and we lost all progress. We didn't give up though and that's what you'll need to do if you want to finish it. Even during our successful run, we still encountered lots of bugs. Keep trying and you'll eventually get that one good run where everything works out. The problem is it's difficult to guess when that run might happen. 

It took me and the person I boosted the coop with 3 attempts for the 10 days trophies. We disconnected the first 2 times. We speculated that the disconnect was caused by running the entire time and not always being near each other. To counter this, we walked everywhere which gives the game more time to load in new tiles as you explore the map but even doing that we encountered some issues. Seeing enemies the other couldn't see, not being able to pick up a lantern someone dropped. We spent like 6 or 7 days standing still just waiting for animals to come by and be killed saving meat until was needed. (Lantern provided heat.)

We were also in different countries,  US for me and somewhere in Europe for them.

I played it not long ago, did a couple of runs with randoms via matchmaking, but in the end I ended up boosting it with 2 consoles. But the random matchmaking the connection was in RED, and it was very choppy and laggy, quite a few bugs but nothing too game breaking. One thing did happen I went down via a trap got revived I could not shoot aim or do anything we were going to start again, but it fixed itself when we got further away from where I died but other than that it was OK.

I also recently did this with someone I found via the sessions. Germany and Poland, so the distance quite similar to you, maybe a bit less for us. It was a chore, as the connection was just garbage. We had difficulty starting a match and needed multiple attempts just to get into a match. I saw him glitch through the area, was attacked by invisible wolfs, and one time the entire ground and collision stopped loading for both of us and we had to restart. Later on we stopped the voice chat and it worked better. We could at least get the short trophies., but after getting the 5 large artifacts + 20 small ones and 1 hour of playing the connection just stopped and we had to try again.
The good news: We got it working by him also using a cable and playing at a time when less people were playing (Monday afternoon and not in the evening). We were even able to use voice chat without any hickups or "bad connection" messages. It was amassive improvement, so maybe if one of you does not have the most stable internet connection try these 2 things.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, it's been 12 days, I arranged runs with 11 different gamers (one from my same country), but I only succeeded to play (twice) with JUST ONE of them. This is INSANE. My connection is not superfast, but is not bad at all either (I play Ghost of Tsushima: Legends smoothly). I tried disconnecting my other devices, tried playing on different times of the day, deleting saves and nothing works. I just have to be lucky with the gamer from before, who is pretty busy.

Edited by FulgidoLucio

• 2 weeks later...