Fox Rank Requirements

VereorChris

7 hours ago, ViperLance34 said:

I just finished the game in 02:30 and got the Leopard code name... I had 32 kills.

How am I supposed to stay under 25? I avoided killing everyone except when necessary for story progression.

How many guards did you kill outside Meryl's cell at the beginning? I watched a video guide and he kills only the first three. Meryl kills the second wave, but for all subsequent waves he shoots the enemy guards like 1-2x each and then lets Meryl finish killing them all. I think in total he ONLY kills the very first 3 guards during this section.

AFAIK the 2 guards at the tank boss count toward the counter. Also I think if you knock out the guard when you escape the prison (after torture) that counts, too. The video guide I saw managed to avoid punching out this guard by running away from him (he'll chase you through the door, then his stomach will cause him to go to the bathroom again).

Select first Metal Gear Solid, choice Japanase, new game start whitout say Easy, Normal, etc...  I did today in one rush with radar on. 

Glitch skip torture and Tower used, 4 alert u cant avoid, 1 prison Johnny, 1 by camera tower, 1  elevator when fight 3 soldier before Vulcan, 1 after scene with Ocelot and Liquid for PAL system.  3 Kill tower before stinger, 3 kill elevator before Vulcan, 3 times soldier around system Pal. Some on road with Jeep. For Big Boss code u need to turn off radar, FOX give trophy too. You have much time, almost 1 hour spare. Now i only need VR for platinum.

spacer.png

Edited by LadyZero__

Wait, Wait, Wait....

Are you telling me that if I download the japanese version of this game that I can play it on easy and as long as I go by the rest of the requirements (Under 3 hours, 25 kills or less, no continues, etc) that I can get the Fox ranking?

Cause if I can get my radar back this will be a cake walk.

Can someone confirm if this is the case? I am in the middle of my first Hard run through and about to get to Rex so I will finish this run up to get Stealth but if I can just play the game on easy doing the japanese bypass then I am all for that!

11 minutes ago, TC_Troph_Hunter said:

Wait, Wait, Wait....

Are you telling me that if I download the japanese version of this game that I can play it on easy and as long as I go by the rest of the requirements (Under 3 hours, 25 kills or less, no continues, etc) that I can get the Fox ranking?

Cause if I can get my radar back this will be a cake walk.

Can someone confirm if this is the case? I am in the middle of my first Hard run through and about to get to Rex so I will finish this run up to get Stealth but if I can just play the game on easy doing the japanese bypass then I am all for that!

Read my comment and yes you get FOX if meet what i diid it 

@LadyZero__I did read your comment but to be totally honest it was a bit difficult for me to follow along with some of what you stated. Seems like you mentioned different difficulties and what not but unsure as to what you actually selected, etc.

But with that said, I am glad to know you are saying you can get the FOX ranking while playing the japanese version of the game even by selecting easy. Of course, I might have to do an easy run now to get stealth and then do a speedrun so its even faster

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TC_Troph_Hunter said:

@LadyZero__I did read your comment but to be totally honest it was a bit difficult for me to follow along with some of what you stated. Seems like you mentioned different difficulties and what not but unsure as to what you actually selected, etc.

But with that said, I am glad to know you are saying you can get the FOX ranking while playing the japanese version of the game even by selecting easy. Of course, I might have to do an easy run now to get stealth and then do a speedrun so its even faster

Select first banner game, select japanase language, start new game if u notice the game start whitout say what difficulty you want, do it what i did and u fine. U can get FOX rank with only first banner and language japanase. Other version only Hard or Exstreme.

Edited by LadyZero__

1 minute ago, LadyZero__ said:

Select first banner game, select japanase language, start new game if u notice the game start whitout say what difficulty you want, do it whatt i did and u fine.

So does the Japanese version auto default to easy or normal difficulty I assume? Also, do you have the radar enabled still? I find that to be the most difficult thing for me with some of the bosses is not having the radar

3 minutes ago, TC_Troph_Hunter said:

So does the Japanese version auto default to easy or normal difficulty I assume? Also, do you have the radar enabled still? I find that to be the most difficult thing for me with some of the bosses is not having the radar

Is set to Easy and Radar = FOX RANK... No Radar = BIG BOSS... Use Glitch u save a lot of time another post how to do is posted. 

9 hours ago, LadyZero__ said:

Select first Metal Gear Solid, choice Japanase, new game start whitout say Easy, Normal, etc...  I did today in one rush with radar on. 

Glitch skip torture and Tower used, 4 alert u cant avoid, 1 prison Johnny, 1 by camera tower, 1  elevator when fight 3 soldier before Vulcan, 1 after scene with Ocelot and Liquid for PAL system.  3 Kill tower before stinger, 3 kill elevator before Vulcan, 3 times soldier around system Pal. Some on road with Jeep. For Big Boss code u need to turn off radar, FOX give trophy too. You have much time, almost 1 hour spare. Now i only need VR for platinum.

spacer.png

prison alert is optional hMmMvhT.png

44 minutes ago, Big-Brady said:

It is extremely sad to see the amount of people using the Japanese easy mode method to pop this trophy it really isn't all that hard if you plan thing out and actually learn the game which again isn't hard.

I guess the only solace here is those who use that who want to get the MGS2 and MGS3 plats will be in for a massive wake up call cause there is no easy mode method to get Boss Rank on those games.  

I've played this game so many times. With limited time in my life, I'd rather do the easy way and spend more time on the next game.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Big-Brady said:

It is extremely sad to see the amount of people using the Japanese easy mode method to pop this trophy it really isn't all that hard if you plan thing out and actually learn the game which again isn't hard.

I guess the only solace here is those who use that who want to get the MGS2 and MGS3 plats will be in for a massive wake up call cause there is no easy mode method to get Boss Rank on those games.  

Is save time, skilled, glitch or not if u can why not abuse? MGS3 is not hard BIG BOSS compared to MGS2 and on that i got ten years ago. MGS1 extreme for BIG BOSS is not hard, enemy do it same action, u can wiev far away in first person mode, u can save when u want. Most boss are idiot like Ocelot with stun, Gray Fox with infinite punch time, Liquid too. But if i can spare time with glitch why not? 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2023 at 8:25 PM, Big-Brady said:

This is a trophy site. If its in the game, why not? How Many games have trophies ruined by bugs? I Gave you an example in my case, Crysis 2 on PS3. I dont have the platinum because a stupid bug.

50 minutes ago, LA_RECORDS said:

being found 5 times

You're only allowed 4 times

OP has a few things wrong, the 5 alerts and the 80 saves, save count doesn't matter. Not sure how they got the alerts wrong.

It's weird how you got hawk though as that is apparently for completing the game in under 02:30:00.

EDIT:

I see its because sites out there have the wrong info amd its just copy/pasted. This is why I dont like to use outside info unless your sure, if they're wrong, then you're wrong as well and have contributed to wasting others time as seen here.

My source by the way is the Official Guide, I know Official Guides can get stuff wrong, but its still more reliable then info on the net.

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

So I just finished my "Fox" codename run using the Japanese version and stealth camo and it was an absolute cake walk. Finished with 30+ mins to spare and that was with me doing the torture sequence in order to get the bandana.

Got 23 kills though which I swear I only killed like 10 people considering I counted as I did it so not sure what exactly is being calculated there in terms of "kills".

I am working on the VR missions now and while most are easy and just learning patterns....damn does it feel like a drag and takes forever lol I am doing 15 at a time just so I do not bury my head into a wall from how boring and sometimes frustrating they can be.

Do not think I will get the plat's for MGS2 and MGS3 considering I have them already for Vita/PS3 and I do not ever want to relive that pain lol

I will do the MG1 and MG2 though so I can have all the MG games (I do not count survive as Hideo did not make it and lets be honest, its a pile of dog crap)

Edited by TC_Troph_Hunter

Hey guys, if someone wants to look at a guide for the Fox Rank and play through it quickly, easily with skips, I can recommend my video, it is in German, but you can set subtitles in English, is not all translated correctly from German to English, but you can see the controller inputs, etc., so you also get the skips. With this you can complete the game in 1 hr 30 min maximum and also with special items: Stealth + Bandana. I used the original Japanese version because it is fixed on Easy difficulty! I have also deposited in the video description Timestaps, so that you can also quickly watch the video. Maybe I can help one or the other, who should have problems with the trophy. 👍

Video: 

• Like 2

On 10/27/2023 at 4:25 PM, Big-Brady said:

It is very sad, especially because you miss out on actually learning on how to play the game and appreciate its mechanics. Some people here are deflecting saying it's to save time, but let's be real, it's not, it's either lack of skill or they're afraid to try a real challenge. What time you would save by playing on easy that you would not by playing on hard...I'd say about 30 to 60 minutes at best.

Again, if you already got the skill to do the Fox/Big Boss Rank in MGS1, you know how to play the game and how to save time in order to achieve the rank, after all the time requirement is still under 3 hours. You may convince yourself that is to "save time", but the actual players who put in the hours to learn play the game properly know it's just deflection, that if it wasn't for the trick you wouldn't get the platinum.

Edited by Otonio_Bruno
  • Haha 1

What's really sad is feeling the urge to convince other people to play just like you want. 

For me, i'm going for the big boss rank on extreme, just because "I want to". I'm not entitled to say you to  forget "fox" rank on hard or japanese and play on extreme because Kojima will reward you in the afterlife with 1000 kittens.

Let the man play as he wants. He bought his game and he should do whatever pleases him.

• Like 3