Fox Rank Requirements

VereorChris

8 minutes ago, danh90 said:

What about the difficulty for the MG1&2 platinum? Looks pretty straight forward.

I think PowerPyx put it as like a 3 or something like that. Depends on the Boss Survival mode really and overall your own adaptability/skill with that old style of games but would say no more than 5 based off what I found out there.

On 10/23/2023 at 10:49 AM, walafc0 said:

It's gonna be an almost free platinum then... I am bit disappointed if this works.

2 hours ago, athanasios_osfp said:

Yes it works, I got it that way, also only the 300 vr missions from the special missions/ vr missions count. You don't have to complete the ones that are in the main game.

Now I'm disappointed.

1 hour ago, Big-Brady said:

I think PowerPyx put it as like a 3 or something like that. Depends on the Boss Survival mode really and overall your own adaptability/skill with that old style of games but would say no more than 5 based off what I found out there.

Thanks for bringing that about Powerpyx to my attention. When I looked through the list it did look by far the easiest on the collection. Hopefully Powerpyx will put up guides for MGS1-3 soon.

Edited by danh90

3 hours ago, Daddokenshiro said:

So, i can follow My personal roadmap to obtain the Platinum:

1. First game on normal, only to enjoy the game in my language (italian).

In this game i Will unlock the stealth Camo.

2. Second game, I download the Japanese package first, and play the entire story to unlock the bandana.

3. Last game, I follow these requirements for the Fox grade, using bandana:

5 Alerts or less

25 Kills (not counting bosses) or less
Used up to 1 ration
No continues
Saved 80 or less time

Under 3 Hours 

Radar off (?)

4. 300 missions in VR

Is It right? Thanks a lot 😊😊😊

I was planning to do a casual run in English since it's been a while, but when you go to select the language before the actual game launches, you get a notice that each language uses separate save files. Therefore, this is how I'm planning to do it:

1.) First playthrough in Japanese to unlock stealth camo

2.) Second playthrough in Japanese to get Fox rank and bandana

3.) VR missions in English

4.) Separate casual playthrough in English

4 hours ago, Big-Brady said:

For Metal Gear Solid 1 below should help he was the first achiever of the Platinum has a bunch of information about what is needed.

Keep in mind the kills DO INCLUDE THE BOSSES they always have included bosses (since non-lethal methods were introduced later in series)

Honestly I would recommend not using the Japanese method if you're intending to do the rest of the games this is good training for the rest of the games which are definitely harder than this one and you MUST get Big Boss in them Fox isn't applicable outside of MGS1

MGS1 - 6-8/10 difficulty depending on your background and skill with the franchise

MGS2 - 10/10 difficulty due to Big Boss very tight requirements

MGS3 - 8-9/10 difficulty again due to Big Boss requirements

If you take the easy way out you are fooling yourself for the rest of the games. And keep in mind above difficulties are based off normal every day gamers NOT directed towards Vets of the franchise who would certainly disagree with these numbers.

How come when i load up the japanese version intergral it is showing difficulty?, did this guy skip or something or did konami patch or change? Also do you guys know if you can get hound rank with radar? Cause when i go into special i cant turn that worthless shit off some reason.

54 minutes ago, Sarsky said:

How come when i load up the japanese version intergral it is showing difficulty?, did this guy skip or something or did konami patch or change? Also do you guys know if you can get hound rank with radar? Cause when i go into special i cant turn that worthless shit off some reason.

No as I mentioned the video I linked was the first achiever and he didn't use Japanese version he did it legit with the actual requirements, can't speak for the Japanese method as its not something he would use or I would use since its rather cheap and ruins the experience of the game overall, especially if intention is to do the other games that don't have cheeses available and have much harder requirements for Big Boss Rank

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Big-Brady said:

No as I mentioned the video I linked was the first achiever and he didn't use Japanese version he did it legit with the actual requirements, can't speak for the Japanese method as its not something he would use or I would use since its rather cheap and ruins the experience of the game overall, especially if intention is to do the other games that don't have cheeses available and have much harder requirements for Big Boss Rank

fair play, also i thought in video he was doing it on japanese version, nvm, also difficulty doesn't change much except for health and the heal points and thats really it tbh, ive been following an extreme playthrough guide while doing japanese version and barely noticed a difference besides health, unless im missing something.

5 minutes ago, KoeichiHero said:

How the hell are you supposed to beat this game in under 3 hours? That sounds impossible. 

It really isn't if you play smart the game isn't that long on its own. That is why you play through it at least once before to learn the game and its map and what needs done

• Like 1

So I just made the blunder of trying to get Fox rank on Easy in the Integral version, not realizing it specifically has to be the original Japanese version found in the top of the list of 'game selection' until getting my... "Hound" rank.

Well, shit.... I can at least say I've taken one for the team and can confirm it doesn't work in Integral. Don't be like me guys. 

1 hour ago, KoeichiHero said:

How the hell are you supposed to beat this game in under 3 hours? That sounds impossible. 

Torture room/elevator skips are your friend.

1 hour ago, STRYKIE said:

So I just made the blunder of trying to get Fox rank on Easy in the Integral version, not realizing it specifically has to be the original Japanese version found in the top of the list of 'game selection' until getting my... "Hound" rank.

Well, shit.... I can at least say I've taken one for the team and can confirm it doesn't work in Integral. Don't be like me guys. 

Torture room/elevator skips are your friend.

I just beat integral now, why the heck they did that lol same shit happened to me hahhahahga

37 minutes ago, Radford999 said:

I’ve not got the game yet. Getting it tomorrow. I see people playing the Japanese version. I take it this is so you can play it on easy to get the boss rank? How do you play the Japanese version? Is it an in-game thing?

In the main menu of the PS4/PS5 application there's an option to download the Japanese Language Pack. Once you've done that, you'll be able to launch the Japanese version of the original Metal Gear Solid (not Integral) from the Game Selection screen.

As confirmed previously in this thread, this method can be used to unlock the Elite Codename trophy.

50 minutes ago, Radford999 said:

I’ve not got the game yet. Getting it tomorrow. I see people playing the Japanese version. I take it this is so you can play it on easy to get the boss rank? How do you play the Japanese version? Is it an in-game thing?

If you have any intention of doing MGS 2 or 3 I wouldn't advise using the Japanese version as this is the easiest of the 3 to get the rank in and you will need the training for the Big Boss Ranks since there is no easy method to do it like this.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, athanasios_osfp said:

It is the japanese language pack, not intergral you will know it is the correct one since you can't choose difficulty and the language and subs are in japanese.

edit:proof and stealth was just unlocked. It is easy to do it first time if you know the game.

awesome. You don't need to turn off radar or anything?

4 hours ago, ViperLance34 said:

I just finished the game in 02:30 and got the Leopard code name... I had 32 kills.

How am I supposed to stay under 25? I avoided killing everyone except when necessary for story progression.

I had 13 kills. If I had to guess what they were:

- Wolf (2nd battle) and Raven
- The 3 soldiers you have to kill after the rope descent down the communications tower 
- The 3 soldiers you are ambushed by in the elevator after the blast furnace (although I did melee them out rather than use lethal weapons so I'm not certain if that's what is being counted?)
- The 5 soldiers at the checkpoints during the final escape route

A potential banana skin where I can see people getting complacent and going over 25 is the long stair climb with the mandatory alert. Remember to stack up on and use stun grenades all the way up.

Edited by STRYKIE

27 minutes ago, STRYKIE said:

I had 13 kills. If I had to guess what they were:

- Wolf (2nd battle) and Raven
- The 3 soldiers you have to kill after the rope descent down the communications tower 
- The 3 soldiers you are ambushed by in the elevator after the blast furnace (although I did melee them out rather than use lethal weapons so I'm not certain if that's what is being counted?)
- The 5 soldiers at the checkpoints during the final escape route

A potential banana skin where I can see people getting complacent and going over 25 is the long stair climb with the mandatory alert. Remember to stack up on and use stun grenades all the way up.

Figured out what I was doing wrong. I was killing all the guards when I first meet Meryl. You only have to kill the first 3 guards and let her kill the rest. Got my Fox rank with 23 kills in the end.

29 minutes ago, ViperLance34 said:

Figured out what I was doing wrong. I was killing all the guards when I first meet Meryl. You only have to kill the first 3 guards and let her kill the rest. Got my Fox rank with 23 kills in the end.

To be fair you could've avoided that whole sequence by doing the torture room skip lol. But fair enough, glad you got it in the end.