Surprised that they actually changed the trophy list to make it more doable.

2 hours ago, nik_west said:

A friend once told me, that the BB rank in MGS2 is actually the hardest goal in the entire series. So, I wouldn't be too happy about this list, if I were you.

I can already see it coming, that some of you will be wishing Virtually Impossible back in a few weeks. 😅

I can't speak from my own experience, since in the past there never was an unlock associated with the rank, so I never bothered trying it myself...

As someone who has gotten the BB Rank on EE on MGS2 its the hardest challenge easily VR is a joke compared to it it's a much harder platinum now. I think my least favorite parts were Tanker w/o saving and getting to fatman until saving again those were the largest gaps IIRC.

• Like 4

More doable... man this is gonna be tough. VR was long but overall was a joke, only the toughest needed a few retries but if you had the strategies down it was no real issue, and there was plenty of guides out there. Just finishing Extreme for the remaining dogtags was tougher than any VR missions.

I can work through most BB requirements I imagine, but only having 3 hours and 8 saves is going to be super tough. That's basically one per boss, preferably after I guess, but then if you do even one mistake or slack off too much then you're back to the last one, unless you want to miss out on saves for the tengus and rays. No slacking off against the tengus at the end either, and since you can't kill anyone, I guess it means you're stuck using the blade on blunt side, which won't be too fun either. I hope they kept most of the good glitches.

Oh yeah also someone mentioned having no health for Solidus at the end due to the choking sequence, this is easily circumvented with a turbo controller, which will allow you to stay at full health or almost.

Edited by GastNDorf
  • Like 3

On 10/23/2023 at 6:08 AM, FrostWolf-5 said:

i think that trophy is in the PS3/Vita version of the game

Edit: It is also in the PS5 version i noticed

There isn’t a trophy for the moment I’m talking about. There is a woman in the hostage room that twitches and closes her legs when you run past. If you get under the table in front of her, tranquilizer her, the legs spread open and a funny codec cutscene happens after 😜 I think you need to take a picture because Colonel mentions something about saving it haha

I remember discovering this for myself one of the many times later running through the game on ps2 and thought that the woman is acting odd and I just know Kojima made something about this. “Why does she twitch her legs when I get near?” And bam! Figured it out like a creep hehe oops!

On 10/23/2023 at 12:16 PM, alexandra-jane09 said:

Do you mean the one where you take a photo of a soldier in his underpants and send it to Otacon called "Sexting".  That's still a trophy to get in this version, some of the trophies are the same but it seems that you don't have to get all the wigs this time, just one called the Infinity Wig - I don't know how many dog tags you need for that but it doesn't look as if you need the amount you needed on the PS3 version for every wig, which I never finished or got the Platinum for.    Also you have to hit only 5 cameras instead of 15, you still have to do "naughty" trophies though.   Surprised with todays prudes and PC nuts that they kept those in.

Not that one, I described it in previous quote just now. I’m glad the game wasn’t censored either. Not like anything was too bad.

Edited by MATTKBAN
  • Like 1

On 10/24/2023 at 11:06 AM, GastNDorf said:

No slacking off against the tengus at the end either, and since you can't kill anyone, I guess it means you're stuck using the blade on blunt side, which won't be too fun either. I hope they kept most of the good glitches.

The tengu 1 skip still works, not sure about the tengu 2 skip as I have not attempted it yet.

On 10/24/2023 at 5:06 PM, GastNDorf said:

More doable... man this is gonna be tough. VR was long but overall was a joke, only the toughest needed a few retries but if you had the strategies down it was no real issue, and there was plenty of guides out there. Just finishing Extreme for the remaining dogtags was tougher than any VR missions.

I can work through most BB requirements I imagine, but only having 3 hours and 8 saves is going to be super tough. That's basically one per boss, preferably after I guess, but then if you do even one mistake or slack off too much then you're back to the last one, unless you want to miss out on saves for the tengus and rays. No slacking off against the tengus at the end either, and since you can't kill anyone, I guess it means you're stuck using the blade on blunt side, which won't be too fun either. I hope they kept most of the good glitches.

Oh yeah also someone mentioned having no health for Solidus at the end due to the choking sequence, this is easily circumvented with a turbo controller, which will allow you to stay at full health or almost.

my turbo controller on PS2 back then barely survived Hard and failed surviving on Extreme XD

Honestly I prefer that they changed it. I didn't attempt Big Boss ranking back in ps2 or ps3. Surely it is a difficult task, mainly because of the 8 saves. But still for me it was more enjoyable doing it than playing all those VR and Alternative missions which some of them were quite frustrating from what I remember. Plus no need to get the Orange and Blue wig on the newest versions so no need to worry on collecting tags on hard and extreme in the Plant chapter.

• Like 3

Oh, I see they took the "Virtually Impossible" trophy out of this list.

I'm half relieved, half disappointed. I did this trophy TWICE on the PS3 and Vita versions to get my plats for both. Kinda glad to skip that this time, but was honestly preparing myself for the challenge again.

22 hours ago, Veritas7Ax said:

Oh, I see they took the "Virtually Impossible" trophy out of this list.

I'm half relieved, half disappointed. I did this trophy TWICE on the PS3 and Vita versions to get my plats for both. Kinda glad to skip that this time, but was honestly preparing myself for the challenge again.

Big Boss rank is more challenging than the VR's.  I would've preferred they took the Mass Effect 3 route and made it an either or trophy.  Either finish all VR's(and maybe the blue wig) or get Big Boss rank.  Still not sure if I'll put myself through getting the Big Boss trophy.  I'm sure I could do it, but what will it cost me for my sanity lol.