Surprised that they actually changed the trophy list to make it more doable.

I initially planned to skip the master collection since I have the legacy collection on the ps3 & thought it will be a copy/paste of the original list + 4-5 trophies on top, only intending to buy it sometime in the future for the Steam Deck but now that they finally removed MGS 2's most tedious trophies I'll most likely get it. 

Edited by Andrei-Balan

1 minute ago, aimeraya said:

VR mission trophy difficulty -

Big Boss trophy difficulty +

Big Boss rank requirements in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Complete the run on the Tanker-Plant route.
Beat the game on Extreme difficulty.
Beat the game in under three hours.
Radar turned off.
Use 0 continues.
No killing anyone.
Fire 700 or fewer shots.
Trigger three or fewer alerts.

I appreciate the fact that they tried to balance it this way, personally I'd rather to just grind the rank insted of doing ALL vr missions & getting ALL the dog tags. 

13 minutes ago, Andrei-Balan said:

I appreciate the fact that they tried to balance it this way, personally I'd rather to just grind the rank insted of doing ALL vr missions & getting ALL the dog tags. 

You didn't have to get ALL the dog tags on the ps3. But now you have to get round 100 less.

36 minutes ago, Andrei-Balan said:

I initially planned to skip the master collection since I have the legacy collection on the ps3 & thought it will be a copy/paste of the original list + 4-5 trophies on top, only intending to buy it sometime in the future for the Steam Deck but now that they finally removed MGS 2's most tedious trophies I'll most likely get it. 

What did they change to make it easier?

1 hour ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

What did they change to make it easier?

No need to do all VR Missions, maximum 50 for 1st place. and you only need too collect most dog tags on very easy, easy and normal

12 minutes ago, Clavietka said:

What is harder about 3?

The FOXHOUND Rank requirement

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, MATTKBAN said:

I wish they had the most pervy Easter egg in the game as a trophy called ‘secret panties’ or something haha

not sure how many knew of that one in the hostage room.

i think that trophy is in the PS3/Vita version of the game

Edit: It is also in the PS5 version i noticed

Edited by FrostWolf-5

6 hours ago, aimeraya said:

Radar turned off.
Use 0 continues.
No killing anyone.
Fire 700 or fewer shots.

You forgot that you also cannot use Special Items

• Like 1

Maybe I'm delusional, but big boss rank on MGS2 is brutal. In MGS1, 3&4 is very much possible with perseverance. But on MGS2 is hell, you need a perfect run. 

VR mission trophies on HD collection were hard af, but now with big boss rank I think we're all screwed. 

1 hour ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I disliked the VR missions a lot when I did the PS3 version. This seems a lot better, although I remember the Extreme fights being the hardest in the franchise, but it'll probably be fine. As long as you can use special items, should be fine tho, just need to be comfortable with your pathing.

No special items allowed in MGS2 nor MGS3, equip them once and the Big Boss/Foxhound codename is voided. It's better to start from a fresh save rather than loading a cleared game saved file.

The PS1 Classics version of MGS1 (for PS3 and PSP) allowed the use of special items to earn the Big Boss codename but people still need to check if this is possible on the Master Collection. Personally I hope special items aren't allowed for MGS1 BB codename requirements anymore.

1 hour ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

Additionally, and this is the real kicker, save fewer than 8 times 😬

8 saves or fewer. 

3 hours ago, bogaards1997 said:

Getting FOXHOUND is not the easiest thing in the world, and also due to this you can't get the plat in 1 playthrough anymore.

Foxhound codename in MGS3 is the easiest among the bunch. You have 25 saves (if I recall correctly) and the gameplay is better than MGS1's. Just a bit of foresight and planning before attempting it. Yes, at least two runs, one playthrough for Markhor, and one for the Foxhound codename.

8 hours ago, aimeraya said:

Radar turned off.
Use 0 continues.
No killing anyone.
Fire 700 or fewer shots.

Just to clarify that those 3 alerts are story-related (mandatory), they will always be displayed on your stats screen when you finish the game. You can't get any alert during gameplay.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, MATTKBAN said:

I wish they had the most pervy Easter egg in the game as a trophy called ‘secret panties’ or something haha

not sure how many knew of that one in the hostage room.

Do you mean the one where you take a photo of a soldier in his underpants and send it to Otacon called "Sexting".  That's still a trophy to get in this version, some of the trophies are the same but it seems that you don't have to get all the wigs this time, just one called the Infinity Wig - I don't know how many dog tags you need for that but it doesn't look as if you need the amount you needed on the PS3 version for every wig, which I never finished or got the Platinum for.    Also you have to hit only 5 cameras instead of 15, you still have to do "naughty" trophies though.   Surprised with todays prudes and PC nuts that they kept those in.

I love Metal Gear to bits, only reason I didn't plat 2, Peace Walker and Revengeance was because my PS3 died, I did platinum 4 in my very first account and will definitely do it again, really hope they also port Revengeance as part of the Vol. 2  always wanted to plat it.

• Like 1

A friend once told me, that the BB rank in MGS2 is actually the hardest goal in the entire series. So, I wouldn't be too happy about this list, if I were you.

I can already see it coming, that some of you will be wishing Virtually Impossible back in a few weeks. 😅

I can't speak from my own experience, since in the past there never was an unlock associated with the rank, so I never bothered trying it myself...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2