Autopop trophies?

Bagwell69

34 minutes ago, TheVengeance1231 said:

I don't understand why someone feel so bad on auto pop, actually I have to platinum the PS4 version before auto pop to PS5, I give out my effort, this is not free at all.

People dont care if you autopop the plat or not, people gets annoyed because you are complaining about it.

Let's just go one step better and have an Auto-Play-Pop-Platinum/100% feature included with EVERY game out there.

That way the HATERS will hate auto-pops even more, and the LOVERS will be all over it like flies to fresh doggy poopies.

Edited by TheDarkKratos

I think the best thing about psnprofiles.com is you can express any love and criticisms about trophies. You may love the trophy art, satisfying platinum unlocked on a tough or hate auto popping trophies or bad art. At least it is not like a fashion magazine where there is no criticism towards a designer, etc. I believe Sony made a bad decision for auto popping trophies. My cynical view is this was made to increase sales of games and shorten the time frame for the next purchase. 

I once unlocked 100% trophies on Jet Set Radio on PS3 and then went to play on Vita after but the trophies unlocked automatically, I lost motivation to play on and never touch Jet Set Radio again on Vita.

I'm guessing for "autopoppers" , they see games for their trophy value, the "game" for them is "trophy hunting" and extracting as much "trophy value" from the most minimal playtime. This is cold hard trophy exploitation. 

Hopefully in 50 to 100 years time, future gamers/ game companies will have better sense and back at this point in time and think what hell were they doing!? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheDarkKratos said:

Let's just go one step better and have an Auto-Play-Pop-Platinum/100% feature included with EVERY game out there.

That way the HATERS will hate auto-pops even more, and the LOVERS will be all over it like flies to fresh doggy poopies.

Yes,  I think sony should implememt the policy that "Once you get PS4 platinum,  auto pop all trophy instantly when you start the PS5 game. " They should make this complusory for every game. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TheVengeance1231 said:

Yes,  I think sony should implememt the policy that "Once you get PS4 platinum,  auto pop all trophy instantly when you start the PS5 game. " They should make this complusory for every game. 

I was being joking, dude. Lol

On 10/28/2023 at 7:45 AM, TheVengeance1231 said:

I play a lots 1-hour platinum few years ago, but I feel boring of doing that now.

Nowadays, many PS4 PS5 cross release games can auto pop the other platform's platinum by playing 1 game only, I view it as a must have function, so I get disappointed when I know this game cannot do that.

I don't understand why someone feel so bad on auto pop, actually I have to platinum the PS4 version before auto pop to PS5, I give out my effort, this is not free at all.

I play and enjoy the PS4 version, I fulfilled the responsibility of being a gamer. I just want something like a bonus in addition to that, auto pop the PS5 platinum instantly.

Just like you go shopping, buy one get one free, or buy a lunch can have drinks for free, this makes me feel more cost-performance effective, and buying that instead of those with no bonus content.

The problem here is that you refuse to play a game because it has not autopop. Would you really refuse to play a good game because it has no autopop feature?

This is less about being judgemental towards you, since those autopop threads help also those who want to avoid autopop (speaking about me here). However this does not change the fact that people are really annoying with there "no autopop = not playing the game" mentality.

Edited by Laxus-0

2 hours ago, Laxus-0 said:

The problem here is that you refuse to play a game because it has not autopop. Would you really refuse to play a good game because it has no autopop feature?

This is less about being judgemental towards you, since those autopop threads help also those who want to avoid autopop (speaking about me here). However this does not change the fact that people are really annoying with there "no autopop = not playing the game" mentality.

I avoid many games because of no auto pop. 

For example,  MGS2 and MGS3 PS4/PS5 are more difficult than PS3/PSV lists.

I am willing to take this challenge if auto pop are available in PS4/PS5 version. 

But now cannot auto pop,  I will not play the PS4/PS5 version. 

22 hours ago, TheVengeance1231 said:

Um… no….?

I often enjoy replaying games with new versions, and enjoy the trophy hunt that comes with them. 

You want to make autopop mandatory, and ruin my fun, why exactly?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Um… no….?

I often enjoy replaying games with new versions, and enjoy the trophy hunt that comes with them. 

You want to make autopop mandatory, and ruin my fun, why exactly?

Same with me. I recently started the PS5 version of Ghost of Tshushima to play through again. Had someone on Twitter tell me I can autopop the trophies. I knew that but I want to experience it again. It's been 3 years since I played it on PS4. I don't like the idea of autopopping trophies. 

lol i came to see if the ps4 and ps5 had a save transfer and all i see people complaining over dumb shit...

like seriously some people make it sound like autopopping is no different then using hacked saves or cheat software, if someone wants a free platinum and trophy upgrade, let them! its your choice whether you want to do it twice or get another pop, nobody gives two shits whether you did it legit or not or how you got your platinum, nobodies impressed by you or cares about your list other then yourself, i find it sad and pathetic when people gate keep trophy hunting or attention seek how they got a platinum.

play any game you want or what you enjoy yourself, also don't let trophies dictate your enjoyment of games or what games you play, you can always create a second account if your desperate for a "perfect profile".

also creator of this thread, i strongly reocomend getting this collection, im loving it! im taking on of breaks playing the games, so i dont wear out or get fed up, but the platinums are fantastic and you have so many ways of playing and enjoying the games.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2023 at 7:00 AM, Big-Brady said:

Why are you disappointed? Just play and do it again?

It's a glorious game and it isn't so difficult that Autopop should be even needed

why go through all that time and effort to hunt the same trophies twice? seems a bit like going insane, or just a chore.

2 hours ago, marcdpt1 said:

why go through all that time and effort to hunt the same trophies twice? seems a bit like going insane, or just a chore.

Because the game might be fun enough to play it a second time? Insane right?

Edited by Laxus-0
  • Like 1

I am not judging or criticizing anyone who auto-pops trophies/platinum's. I do it myself all the time. I think it's a cool feature.

And I not going to stop auto-popping games anytime soon. If somebody wishes to auto-pop trophies, then so be it. Let them do it.

Bitching and complaining non-stop about it is not going to change anything. Auto-pop is here to stay. So is stacking, shovelware.

For the record, auto-popping is not cheating. I think it's hilarious how so many serious gamers believe that it is. It's definitely not.

My problem is the fact that some people deny themselves the process of actually playing a game, enjoying it, then completing it.

All because it either has a trophy they can't possibly attain, or because there's no auto-pop feature for that particular game.

The the first reason I'm used to seeing a lot. Not playing a game they want to because they can't platinum/100% it. That's ludicrous!

The second reason is beyond stupid IMHO. Did these people actually play videogames before the auto-pop even feature existed? 

To reiterate - Choosing to not play a videogame that you want to because it has no auto-pop feature IMHO is ridiculous.

It's like the old saying in trophy-hunters circles - No Plat No Play!. I fell out of my gaming chair with laughter when I first saw that.

But whatever... Lol

• Like 2

On 10/30/2023 at 5:34 PM, marcdpt1 said:

I wouldn't call it insane to be fair its a great game also games are supposed to be replayable I look at trophy stacks as a perfect replayability excuse for games especially if  its a game I enjoy and a chance to test myself to see if I can platinum the game a bit more efficiently or faster next time around.

This game is a heavy form of nostalgia for most gamers that grew up around the PS1 generation (or prior) I have nothing against people that do Autopopping I just hate the concept of it because there are just too many gamers out there these days that only care about that Platinum Pixel that they obtain and the quickest way to get them that so much of the beauty and efforts of game development get lost by the hunt for these pixels. A lot of the beauty and secrets of games are only discovered by additional playthroughs usually which are dodged by hunters unless there is a NG+ trophy included.

3 hours ago, Big-Brady said:

I wouldn't call it insane to be fair its a great game also games are supposed to be replayable I look at trophy stacks as a perfect replayability excuse for games especially if  its a game I enjoy and a chance to test myself to see if I can platinum the game a bit more efficiently or faster next time around.

This game is a heavy form of nostalgia for most gamers that grew up around the PS1 generation (or prior) I have nothing against people that do Autopopping I just hate the concept of it because there are just too many gamers out there these days that only care about that Platinum Pixel that they obtain and the quickest way to get them that so much of the beauty and efforts of game development get lost by the hunt for these pixels. A lot of the beauty and secrets of games are only discovered by additional playthroughs usually which are dodged by hunters unless there is a NG+ trophy included.

no one is forcing anyone to autopop trophies. leave the option there for people that would like to carry over data from the previous platform to the new one. and if someone wants to inflate their trophy level because of it then it shouldnt be a problem especially when theres the more heinous route of playing shovelware games to achieve the same effect. ive played every game in the series multiple times but if given the chance i would rather autopop trophies and leave it at that.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2023 at 12:12 PM, TheDarkKratos said:

I am not judging or criticizing anyone who auto-pops trophies/platinum's. I do it myself all the time. I think it's a cool feature.

And I not going to stop auto-popping games anytime soon. If somebody wishes to auto-pop trophies, then so be it. Let them do it.

Bitching and complaining non-stop about it is not going to change anything. Auto-pop is here to stay. So is stacking, shovelware.

For the record, auto-popping is not cheating. I think it's hilarious how so many serious gamers believe that it is. It's definitely not.

My problem is the fact that some people deny themselves the process of actually playing a game, enjoying it, then completing it.

All because it either has a trophy they can't possibly attain, or because there's no auto-pop feature for that particular game.

The the first reason I'm used to seeing a lot. Not playing a game they want to because they can't platinum/100% it. That's ludicrous!

The second reason is beyond stupid IMHO. Did these people actually play videogames before the auto-pop even feature existed? 

To reiterate - Choosing to not play a videogame that you want to because it has no auto-pop feature IMHO is ridiculous.

It's like the old saying in trophy-hunters circles - No Plat No Play!. I fell out of my gaming chair with laughter when I first saw that.

But whatever... Lol

Trophy completely change my behavior of playing games.

Avoid difficult games such as MGRR, as there is risk that I cannot 100%.

No plat no play,  also a rule I consider playing the game or not. 

37 minutes ago, TheVengeance1231 said:

1. You should try not to let it. You are really denying yourself a lot of fun.

2. Once again, you are denying yourself a broader gaming experience because of trophies.

3. I'm sorry but that rule is not even a rule. But it's your choice. Enjoy...

😎

Edited by TheDarkKratos
  • Like 3

On 10/28/2023 at 5:42 PM, TheVengeance1231 said:

No, they shouldn't.  They really shouldn't.  What about those of us who would want to play a game again?  Why shouldn't be we able to trophy hunt on a particular game for a second time?

53 minutes ago, TheVengeance1231 said:

You can't be getting much enjoyment out of games, since it seems that trophies are the sole reason you play anything at all.  Pretty much all of us have changed our playing style somewhat since trophies and achievements came along, but most of us don't allow those systems to dictate our gaming as much as you evidently do.

Avoiding anything that you MIGHT not be able to complete just conveys the impression that you're too scared to move out of your comfort zone, for fear of not being able to earn every single trophy.  100% profiles are simply not worth the time and effort it takes to maintain them.  Sooner or later, something will happen that will be outwith your control, such as server closures or a glitched trophy, and then all your work will be for naught.

"No plat, no play"... This is ridiculous.  The likes of...

* Journey

* Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

* The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

* Valiant Hearts

.... are all great games.  Ignoring these and many other gems, simply due to the lack of a platinum trophy, mystifies me.

• Like 2

@TheDarkKratos I would only play really excellent games or series I like. I would have abandoned ages ago FF or MGS. Why buy MGS Master Collection having MGS1 on PS1 (USA and PAL on different languages), and also having it digital on PS3/PSP? MGS2 and Substance on PS2, PS3 and VITA? MGS3 (and Subsistence) on PS2, PS3, VITA and 3DS?

On the other hand, I confess that if it wasn't for the trophies I would never had buyed Fallout, Witcher or Nier. 

Honestly, I've known these games when they didn't have any trophies. Trophies are fun and all, but that should never prevent you from (re)experiencing a game or not. On the contrary. It's just stupid to be stopped by that if you ask me, you'd miss on so many great games. Careful I'm not criticizing auto-pop, but in the case of MGS, I'm glad there's none personally. I've got all 4 MGS2 Platinum trophies, and yes I went through Big Boss rank twice in a week for PS4 and PS5, and the 300 VR Missions twice on PS3 and Vita, but I just love these games and I honestly didn't care about doing these trophies all over again. On the contrary, absence of auto-pop gave me an excuse to say "here we go again." It's just my opinion on the matter, however. Doing the same with MGS1 right now, actually. Anyway, just wanted to share my take on this. Please don't trash or insult me too badly, okay? 💀😁

Edited by William Faure
  • Like 4

On 11/2/2023 at 2:27 PM, TheDarkKratos said:

I have a question for you, Vengeance...

If trophies, platinum's & achievement's of any kind never existed ever, would you still be playing video-games?

This is a serious question 😎

I think I will put less time on playing games.

There are many entertainment nowadays,  such as youtube,  seeing movies in cinema,  doing sports etc.  

But playing games not only have fun but also trophy,  this is the reason I choose playing games over a lot of entertainment.

But on the other hand,  without trophy,  I think I will try some games that I do not play because difficult to 100%,  such as MGRR, DMC5, Yakuza 3 etc. 

• Haha 1