Autopop trophies?

Bagwell69

20 minutes ago, Bagwell69 said:
Is there an option to transfer a game from PS4 to PS5 to continue the game in another version and if so do automatic trophies appear?

It would be a nice nod to the HD versions

How would it be a nod? It'd require acknowledgement from Konami. 

14 hours ago, Colzeo said:

Trophies shouldn't be the main motivation behind playing the game. They are great and alot of fun, but when you start to get motivated to play the game because of a double platinum then it's hard to enjoy. I know some people who physically will sit for 20 hours straight playing non stop just to get early on the platinum leaderboard that they get frustrated and surely stop enjoying the game. I love trophies, but that's the only negative with them, people start to think you need them all to be considered a true player of said game. Metal Gear Solid is my favourite game so I'm enjoying it and plan to get the platinum when I'm ready to enjoy the VR missions, then I have a PS4 version to roll back to when I want to enjoy it again. Noticed 1000 people are playing the PS5 version and only about 60 playing the PS4, so if it's in the leaderboards you want, play PS4, although PS5 is the leaderboard that's gonna hold up lol 

Because I have a lots of game want to play,  but I don't have enough time due to my work.

So for games I like more or less the same,  auto pop give me big movtivation to play it,  instead of those cannot auto pop. 

19 hours ago, TheVengeance1231 said:

Because auto pop is more cost-performance effective.

Auto pop give me a big motivation to play the game.

spacer.png

OMG! You are not really playing the game, you've loaded the software on your PlayStation console for the trophies to automatically unlock (auto-popping) without playing. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MadMax707 said:

spacer.png

OMG! You are not really playing the game, you've loaded the software on your PlayStation console for the trophies to automatically unlock (auto-popping) without playing. 

I mean for example 2 games,  both I am interested in it.

Game A: 40 hours 1 platinum

Game B: 40 hours 2 platinum by auto pop

I will definitely play Game B.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, TheVengeance1231 said:

I mean for example 2 games,  both I am interested in it.

Game A: 40 hours 1 platinum

Game B: 40 hours 2 platinum by auto pop

I will definitely play Game B.

do what you want and play your games the way you are comfortable.

I don't know why there are always people who get upset about other preferences or their motivation. 

"OMG! You are not really playing the game, you've loaded the software on your PlayStation console for the trophies to automatically unlock (auto-popping) without playing. "
You have already played through the game and the developers and sony allow auto pop . So why shouldn't you use it? 

What's the difference between auto pop and games you can platinum in 2 minutes? Right, it doesn't matter! You are a gamer when you play video games. There is no right or wrong when the developers include things that you can use. 

• Like 4

On 10/25/2023 at 1:47 PM, TheVengeance1231 said:

Oh my god, I am very disappointed...

Anyway, thanks for your confirmation.

Same. You complete this on PS2 multiple times,after on PS3 HD multiple times,after on PS4,and all again on PS5. This is too much. Life is too short for things like this. But each one do what he want.

• Like 1

Gamer

1 hour ago, vsvpl1501 said:

You are a gamer when you play video games

Gamers can play however they want and get trophies/achievements, I've auto popped trophies myself. My issue is calling auto popping 'playing the game'. In reality you've paid for software to auto pop and 'earn' more trophies, where's the playing? 

Auto-pop if anyone wants to, but:

"Let's call a spade a spade, right?" 

Edited by MadMax707
Tidy up
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, MadMax707 said:

Gamer

Gamers can play however they want and get trophies/achievements, I've auto popped trophies myself. My issue is calling auto popping 'playing the game'. In reality you've paid for software to auto pop and 'earn' more trophies, where's the playing? 

Auto-pop if anyone wants to, but:

"Let's call a spade a spade, right?" 

Just for my understanding. Auto-Pop means you buy a ps4 game and get the platinum trophy. After that you upgrade to the PS5 version and get it for "free" right? 

You are right about one thing and that is that you get the PS5 platinum trophy for free but you definitely have to have played the game once before. But the term "play" for just the PS5 auto pop trophy is wrong in that context. you're right. 

• Like 1

On 10/25/2023 at 3:33 PM, TheVengeance1231 said:

Because auto pop is more cost-performance effective.

Auto pop give me a big motivation to play the game.

Being motivated by something so trivial is a sad way to play games. What's the point of having fake(undeserved) platinums anyway?

If you like cost-performance you can play 1€ games that give you platinum within an hour or so. Less money, less time and more meaningless instant gratification... I mean, more platinums!

Edited by Kiyan-13
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Kiyan-13 said:

Being motivated by something so trivial is a sad way to play games. What's the point of having fake(undeserved) platinums anyway?

If you like cost-performance you can play 1€ games that give you platinum within an hour or so. Less money, less time and more meaningless instant gratification... I mean, more platinums!

I play a lots 1-hour platinum few years ago, but I feel boring of doing that now.

Nowadays, many PS4 PS5 cross release games can auto pop the other platform's platinum by playing 1 game only, I view it as a must have function, so I get disappointed when I know this game cannot do that.

I don't understand why someone feel so bad on auto pop, actually I have to platinum the PS4 version before auto pop to PS5, I give out my effort, this is not free at all.

I play and enjoy the PS4 version, I fulfilled the responsibility of being a gamer. I just want something like a bonus in addition to that, auto pop the PS5 platinum instantly.

Just like you go shopping, buy one get one free, or buy a lunch can have drinks for free, this makes me feel more cost-performance effective, and buying that instead of those with no bonus content.

• Like 2