What’s a game everyone loved but you didn’t enjoy so much?

GamingMethodist

3D Dot Game Heroes. Easily the worst gaming experience I've had in almost four decades of playing video games. Everybody calls it a hidden gem/underrated classic but I for the love of cannot force myself to enjoy it. Too many bugs and glitches that directly mess up your gameplay experience and that in the "fun playthrough" before the actual horror of hunting for trophies comes into play. Props to everybody else who manages to get some enjoyment out of this game. I personally just feel empty.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - it never shuts up talking at you, never ending cutscenes and slow forced traveling between missions

Cutscenes the game - Same as above but with even more cutscenes

God of war 2018 - it's not gow

GoldenEye - thought it was meh at release and it's aged like milk. Nostalgia is a powerful thing and the reason people love this one.

Re4 - near enough killed my favourite series up to that point. Purchased it 3 times because people tell me it's amazing and I should give it another go. It's not.

Fortnite and all battle royale - just not for me at all.

Halo series - I mean it's not crap but I don't get the hype around it at all

Special mention - The Wii. Awful novelty crap which as someone that had owned every Nintendo console up to that point, felt like a big f u to players like me.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

• 3 weeks later...

Red Dead Redemption 2- I didn't like the slow tutorial at the start. Beautiful setting, but overall the game just wasn't interesting to me. (This is something you do not want to say on some Reddit subs, people seriously love the game so much and expects everyone else to as well).

Minecraft- I just never got into it, tried it and I thought I would love it, but nothing.

Kingdom Come- Don't know why so many love it, cool if they do, just wasn't for me, didn't like the graphics or movements.

From recent memory

Deathloop - Got it shortly after I got my PS5 and played it for maybe a few days and haven't touched it since. I will go back to it eventually but it didn't grab me like it did most people who played it

Burnout Paradise - the platinum wasn't as fun as I expected it to be and the DLC trophies requiring 8 players was a pain. The races were fun for a few hours but I got bored fairly quick. 

Lastly, I thought Spider-Man 2 was pretty mid. It wasn't terrible but it didn't improve substantially on the first game, I ran into a lot of bugs, some of which forced me to quit and reboot the game (and I did not even buy it at launch), the MJ parts were also extremely unfun and not believable to me at all, and the side quests felt lame (why am I spray painting walls as a deaf black woman in a Spiderman game?)

• 2 weeks later...

The Last of Us. Not bad but nothing new if you watched movies / series with zombies... I think people who believe the game brang new things on that aspect never got interested in zombies universe before, I was waiting a lot more after all the reviews.

Horizon Zero Dawn, can't stand with Aloy, I found her absolutely boring for the few hours I played the game, and didn't have fun in the time I played.

Undertale. I don't get it why people are so extatic about this game... Fights are absolutely awful. I can't even remember of the soundtrack while people are saying it's excellent 😅 and the story... I lost interest after one hour...