What’s a game everyone loved but you didn’t enjoy so much?

GamingMethodist

Hey guys just a quick discussion on what games you’ve played and didn’t seem to enjoy as much as the rest of the world did? This doesn’t mean you thought the game was bad necessarily. Mine has to be spider man 2018 though objectively a well made game and it’s definitely not a bad game. I just found my self enjoying it a lot less that everyone else it seems. 

• Like 4

Genuinely had a terrible time playing God of War Ragnarok. I found the combat lacking, the writing fine, the pacing odd, characters frustrating, the difficulty unbalanced, and the rpg and customization underwhelming. It felt like I was playing a completely different game from everyone else.

I will probably come back to it later just becasue of how dissonant my experience was from virtually everyone elses experience on the game.

• Like 2

Dark Souls, or souls games in general probably as I also hated Nioh for similar reasons. I just feel like these games are shit, like actual shit, lazy design for cheap difficulty with damage sponge bosses you get placed with in unfair arenas at times, needless padding for the game time as the bonfires can be laughably far away from the arena so you have to fight your way through the same annoying grunts for several minutes each time, only to get hit and killed again the instance you re-enter the arena (hello capra demon and friends).

I played Nioh legit to the bitter end for completionists sake, I had no shame letting someone drop me a few items to shorten the miserable Dark Souls Remastered platinum journey as I realized it sucks almost as much as Nioh because Nioh stole all of its features and design ideas from Dark Souls, and because people on my friends list and I torture each other for fun with forced games we know the other party will hate. I got Dark Souls 2 on the to do list thanks to that, which the guy recommending it meant it was even better, which means it gotta be a hell of a lot worse still, lovely.

Honestly I don't know if people praising this series are actually this ignorant on what good difficulty design even looks like, or if they just want to look cool by mimicking this bs that the genre is great, or if its an inside joke to bait more naive fools into this miserable series, but to me someone praising this series as good loses a lot of credibility. I found the Sigrun fight from God Of War, which I played before my first souls game, was much closer to what people describe souls games to be, a proper tough and rewarding but never unfair fight you have to memorize the pattern in to beat the boss eventually.

Edited by Dauersack
  • Like 2

The Last of Us

Metal Gear

Horizon Forbidden West

Witcher 3

GTAV

Fortnite

Minecraft

Angry Birds

Dark Souls

World of Warcraft