What’s a game everyone loved but you didn’t enjoy so much?

GamingMethodist

21 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

I can't stand Bethesda games... Skyrim, Fallout... Bored to death with those games, I can't understand why everyone praise Skyrim... Maybe they are not just for me...

You reminded me of something about that studio. They are the developers of Hellblade 2. Microsoft bought them out. No PlayStation release ever. Was so pissed when I learned of that. I liked the first game very much. But now Microsoft own it all. Meh. I will survive. I can always watch a YouTube play-through. But it's not the same 😞

Edited by TheDarkKratos

1 hour ago, MissShake said:

I'm with you on this one, this would just be considered an unremarkable indie if it didn't have a cute cat in it.

Every person that played the game says its great and i just feel like they are saying it because it got very hyped and a lot of streamers played it on released and claimed it to be amazing.

Don't get me wrong, its a fun game, for people who love cats and a slower based game, but i can easily recommend 20 more slower relaxing indie games.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

I can't stand Bethesda games... Skyrim, Fallout... Bored to death with those games, I can't understand why everyone praise Skyrim... Maybe they are not just for me...

1000% this

Bethesda is by far the worst developer out there. Elder Scrolls in general looks like the most boring shit to me.

I was so glad when they got bought out by Microsoft, because I knew I wouldn't be sad that Midfield isn't coming out on PS5 lol..

Pretty much all cinematic TPS pseudodramas like Red Dead Redemption 2, the new God of War games, The Last of Us, The Witcher III, these types of games. I can respect the quality of cinematic flair, but overall, it's all just fat and filler when it comes to gameplay, which is the main reason I'm holding a controller and not a TV remote.

Edited by fbdbh
  • Like 4

I'm going to get shit for this.. But..

ANY popular game that has online trophies..

Kills the fun out of playing online.. and makes you play online first to get it out of the way.

I'll also give a real answer. 

All the Battlefield games after Bad Company 2.. I don't know if it's just me, but BC2 was the last BF, where i enjoyed both the campaign and mp.. 

MAKE BAD COMPANY 3, YOU GUYS LEFT BAD COMPANY 2 CAMPAIGN ON A CLIFFHANGER!!! 

IVE BEEN WAITING SINCE 2011!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Outer Wilds

It's extremely rare for me to truly hate a game, but for me this was a massive piece of hot garbage. There's not a single redeeming quality that I can think to give the title. I respect everyone's opinion for those who enjoyed it, but for me, it was easily the biggest miss on enjoyment in a game that I've played in my whole life.

Red Dead Redemption 2. 

Loved the first, platted it almost without thinking about it back on PS3, so of course bought 2 on release day and have never even finished it. While i can admit the world building is immense and technical achievements of creating it are crazy, the game feels like there is simulatenously so much to do but also nothing interesting to do, and the story really did not pull me in, just felt like a slog to get through. 

A lot of the ones I could have named are already mentioned (like God of War 2018 where it took playing half the game to finaly reach a point, where I was hooked and wanting to finish it) , so I go with the Persona series. It isn`t that I didn`t like the games. My typical Persona experience is that I start the game and love the stories and charakters, but then something happens, most of the time in the "Free Time" when you have finish one dungeon and it`s story and the next would start in the next (in game) month, that I got distracted by other things (new game release, longer time were I can`t play much due to work/other real life things) that I`m out of the game and it wanders in my backlog. I think the furthest I ever got in a Persona game was with the original 3 on PS2, but there too, I only finished half of the game (most of the time I stop playing after the first or second dungeon).

Nevertheless I`m planning to try and finish one of the games and hope that I`m not getting distracted when that time comes.

Ghost of Tshushima. Beautful world and graphics, pretty solid combat, but was extremely bored with the story and all the side quests felt very samey and weren't very exciting. I probably played 10 hours or so.

This is coming from someone who really enjoyed, and platted, Death Stranding, a game where the gameplay is not exciting at all!

Sifu.

More specifically the boss fights. I enjoy the gameplay leading up to them, but then the boss fights are the complete opposite of what you got used to in the rest of the level...they require you to sit and wait for openings and to stay on defense while you get a hit or two in and go back to waiting. The rest of the game is you finding unique ways to basically create a cool ass martial arts film, and that's what I want to KEEP doing. The boss fights just completely brought the game down for me. I still haven't finished it (got to level 4)...I'm still considering giving it another chance, and at least finishing it once instead of focusing on the Plat. But I was really excited for it and those boss fights just killed any enjoyment I had. 

As some other players here, I did not enjoy Horizon Zero Dawn so much... I think having "everybody" say how good it was has not help. It's not a bad game in my opinion but I was disappointed.

Otherwise, I really didn't like Haven. I played it with my significant other who also enjoy gaming, none of us liked it. We even asked ourselves if we missed something seeing how praised it was afterward. Controls (and camera) seemed clumsy, I didn't like the story and in my opinion the characters were really bland. I can't hate the game 'cause... I mean they tried, right? But that's the one (liked by others) game I wish I hadn't play. We finally (reluctantly) got back to it so it took us more than 2 weeks to get rid of it platinum it.

For me, it's Ni No Kuni. Everyone was saying what a fantastic game it was so I went in with pretty high hopes. Apart from the art style, nothing really stood out for me with this game. The story was average, the main party characters were pretty forgettable, and there wasn't really anything else that makes the game stand out from other turn based JRPGs. I came out of it feeling pretty underwhelmed 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skurkitty said:

Outer Wilds

It's extremely rare for me to truly hate a game, but for me this was a massive piece of hot garbage. There's not a single redeeming quality that I can think to give the title. I respect everyone's opinion for those who enjoyed it, but for me, it was easily the biggest miss on enjoyment in a game that I've played in my whole life.

8krp.gif

😜