Rumor: PlayStation Top Executive Fired Due To Focus On Live Service Games

RNumbers

According to this site, someone within Sony was blamed and fired for the focus on live service games. Including "her team" according to the article.

The article is fairly vague, so take it with a grain of salt. Assuming there's any truth to it, I feel bad for people losing their job, but I'm not sad to see live service getting a kick in the ass.

https://gamerant.com/playstation-live-service-games-connie-booth/

9 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Edited by RNumbers

I dunno, I prefer single-player titles, but there's nothing wrong with also offering live-service games, or MP games in general. I do miss when Sony had a great campaign and an MP mode on top of it like Uncharted, Resistance, Killzone, TLoU, and so on.

Unless they were intentionally saying no to single-player projects, seems a bit drastic to fire someone over.

2 hours ago, Xylobe said:

The source cited in the OP's Game Rant article is David Jaffe, a drama hound who's been known to say just about anything that he thinks will drum up subscriptions to his paid podcast. Best practice is to ignore whatever he says - about Booth's departure or otherwise - until it's corroborated by a real source.

Game Rant isn't exactly reliable news anyway.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Xylobe said:

The source cited in the OP's Game Rant article is David Jaffe, a drama hound who's been known to say just about anything that he thinks will drum up subscriptions to his paid podcast. Best practice is to ignore whatever he says - about Booth's departure or otherwise - until it's corroborated by a real source.

Yup . David jaffe is a clown . 

Good. Maybe Ryan leaving is going to steer Playstation in a better direction after all. I always thought this added emphasis of live service games was a waste of time, money and man power. Focus on what you're good at.

And since they are so bothered about the Call of Duty acquisition... maybe spend time creating your own exclusive first person shooter. There's an idea.