2 different obtain dates on 2 different PS3s.

Deathon6

For the game "Battlefield Bad Company 2" I had earned all but 2 of the multiplayer trophies. You should be able to check my profile for the time I earned these trophies. 

What Happened? 

Well apparently I hadn't synced the trophies from the original ps3 and when I went to connect to the Battlefield Bad Company 2 servers on a different ps3 all the online trophies I earned on the other ps3 auto popped. When I went to view them they all had the same date and time stamp. I did go back to the original ps3 they were earned on and synced them hence why on my profile they have a time stamp back in July 2023 and not November 29 2023 but on the PS3 the auto popping occurred on; the date and time stamp are all the same. (November 29 2023 between 8:24pm and 8:26pm). I signed out of my account and even turned that console off and on after I synced them from the other PS3 and yet the time stamps still showing up as (November 29 2023 between 8:24pm and 8:26pm) and not the correct time stamps from July 2023. 

My question is

What happens if I sync from the PS3 the auto popping happened on despite already syncing from the ps3 with the correct earn dates? 

Will the dates on the PS3 where the auto popping occurred change to the correct dates the trophies were earned? (July 2023) or will it use the dates it currently has (November 29 2023 between 8:24pm and 8:26pm)? 

What about on psnprofiles? Will the site keep the dates from the original ps3 or update the dates from the auto popping ps3? 

With dates that close in range one would think you cheated but nope that's just what happens when you earn online trophies on 1 PS3 don't sync them and then connect to the Battlefield Bad Company 2 servers on a different PS3. 

Edited by Deathon6
make link easily visible.

I believe once trophy data is synced to PSN servers, it is permanent. You could have local trophy data which is different from what PSN has - for instance if you replayed a game locally offline on a new console, you could earn trophies with completely different time stamps, but once you sync that with PSN, the local time stamps should be overwritten to match the PSN data.

In your case where you never synced the original data, but did sync the new incorrect time stamps, I'm not actually sure what happens if you tried to go back and sync the original correct trophy data from your old console. I don't know if you can overwrite/replace trophy data on PSN. Given that the correct data precedes what you synced, it might be possible.

@HuntingFever this seems like something up your alley

• Like 1

Somethings off here. If you earned them legit on the first ps3 but you never synced then what would of made them auto pop on the second ps3? Secondly the first ones syned with psn will always be the timestamps kept. If your profile shows you earned all the trophies at the same time your definitely going to get flagged. 

17 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

In your case where you never synced the original data, but did sync the new incorrect time stamps, I'm not actually sure what happens if you tried to go back and sync the original correct trophy data from your old console. I don't know if you can overwrite/replace trophy data on PSN. Given that the correct data precedes what you synced, it might be possible.

I synced the trophies from the ps3 they were originally earned on. I never synced them from the ps3 the auto popping occurred on. 

It's also possible I already had them synced but because the PS3 where the auto popping occurred was in offline mode the system showed me as not earning those trophies yet and when I connected to the Battlefield Bad Company 2 servers their system showed me as meeting the requirements for those trophies and because the trophies on the PS3 were shown as not earned yet due to being in offline mode they auto popped. 

Remember, playing any game for the first time on a new PS3 (even with the original save file) will still re-pop trophies (it won't change the original timestamps, but the new PS3 will start populating the trophy list in an "auto-pop" fashion).

What works for me, is syncing my entire profile's trophies on the new PS3, launching the game to the main menu and the exiting the game and re-sync trophies. When you launch the game again, it should be like a clone of your old PS3's trophy data and saves.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Helyx said:

Remember, playing any game for the first time on a new PS3 (even with the original save file) will still re-pop trophies (it won't change the original timestamps, but the new PS3 will start populating the trophy list in an "auto-pop" fashion).

What works for me, is syncing my entire profile's trophies on the new PS3, launching the game to the main menu and the exiting the game and re-sync trophies. When you launch the game again, it should be like a clone of your old PS3's trophy data and saves.

This^

Though you have to be careful when doing it, else you can potentially end up with dodgy timestamps that violate the CRT's rules:

Timestamp Synchronization Manipulation

Trophies should appear on your profile as they would "if they immediately synced to the PlayStation Network". Do not manipulate timestamps by:

• Deletion of un-synced trophies earned, via a PlayStation System Restore (formatting data), followed by using your backed up save-game data. 
  • Transferring save-game data between multiple PlayStation systems without synchronizing data on them before resuming play.
  • Purposely waiting extended periods of time to sync your trophies in a manner that appears to break other listed rules.

Source:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Camokidd87 said:

Somethings off here. If you earned them legit on the first ps3 but you never synced then what would of made them auto pop on the second ps3? Secondly the first ones syned with psn will always be the timestamps kept. If your profile shows you earned all the trophies at the same time your definitely going to get flagged. 

Some games check if you should have earned certain trophies whenever you boot the game or in this case connect online and pop them if you should have had them before. If the backup of the savefile was transferred, trophies can autopop this way. For some games it's even known that if a trophy doesn't pop, you have to reboot the game and then the trophy will pop in the main menu.

He also did sync them on the first PS3 but wasn't sure what would happen with the timestamps if he synced the autopopped trophies on the new PS3.

5 hours ago, Helyx said:

To add to this or make more clear. Even if you sync your trophies on a new PS3, then it's possible that not all your trophylists known on the PSN servers are synced back to this new PS3. Some games might be missing and that can be hard to spot.

That's one of the ways this autopopping can occur. You start a game you had on the other PS3 with it's original savefile, but the list wasn't synced back to the new PS3. But as soon as you sync this newly created list on this new PS3, the PS3/PSN will recognise that you already had trophies for this game and then actually sync back the trophies for that game properly and give it the original timestamps that are already known on PSN.

If I start a game on one PS3 and continue on another then I always check if the list was synced back properly on the other one. If not, I boot the game so the trophylist will be added locally and then I quit and sync again. The empty list (or with some autopopped trophies) will then be re-populated properly with the original data from the PSN server.

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Helyx said:

This is what it is. If you've synched your profile on the new PS3 then you'll have all your trophies, but when you start a game it'll actually reset the game's list back to 0% which will then lead to the auto pops you've seen. Synching your profile again will fix your list with the old correct timestamps though.

As said. The way to avoid having these auto pops occur is to start the the game, quit immediately, and synch the profile.