Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2024

1 hour ago, Rhyze said:

@Rebourne07can you send me a few games 1-2 with 50h for the badge? having a hard time to find any

1/10

Farming Simulator 22 - 50 Hours

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life - 35-50 Hours

Use Your Words - 65-70 Hours

Danganronpa S: Ultimate Summer Camp - 120 Hours

Neko Atsume VR - 200 Hours

2/10

PlatPrices - Browse Games (I have filtered this, all the games on the first page are 50 Hours +) 😁

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WatermelonElf said:

1/10

Farming Simulator 22 - 50 Hours

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life - 35-50 Hours

Use Your Words - 65-70 Hours

Danganronpa S: Ultimate Summer Camp - 120 Hours

Neko Atsume VR - 200 Hours

2/10

PlatPrices - Browse Games (I have filtered this, all the games on the first page are 50 Hours +) 😁

@Rhyze This ^ and just to remind anyone if a time range is given you can use the higher end of the range so something like 40-50hrs counts for the Y tho badge.

On 12/1/2023 at 11:43 AM, Rebourne07 said:

Gold Any 9 difficulty ratings completed

Hide contents

Puzzle-bobble-universe-arte-007.thumb.jpg.2f4f9586ab6ba2a30b8bc22f782e65bb.jpg Inuty

@Inuty Congratulations on Gold tier :D Freaking awesome self-imposed challenge idea to do a full list of 100% games lol Love it. Good luck on Whoa Dave!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coldhardcrash_ said:

Two games down! Doom 64 is made much easier using the password system. 

Decided to make a number of changes to my overall list to maximise my chance at some more badges. 

New Badge(s) Earned:

ZMyUIcs.png No Plat No Problem

18cca8e409d39-screenshot-Url.png

2705.png 1/10: Toem

2705.png 2/10: Doom 64

274e.png 3/10: Wukong

274e.png 4/10: God of War Ragnarök (PS5)

274e.png 5/10: Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (VITA)

274e.png 6/10: Cyber Shadow (PS5)

274e.png 7/10: Valfaris

274e.png 8/10: N++

274e.png 9/10: The Evil Within (PS4)

274e.png 10/10: Splasher

Badges Earned to Date:

Hide contents

EMLwD2p.png Anthropomorphic - Toem

ZMyUIcs.png No Plat No Problem - Doom 64

@Rebourne07 Not sure if it's too late for suggestions for new badges but it would be nice if there was a badge to give some love to indie games! I.e. complete 3+ games with the Indie genre or something along those lines. Just a thought! :D 

Dude, I love Doom 64. Such a great game and yes indeed made much easier via passwords. 

There's a section in the main post for suggested badge ideas, I'll add this to it. I took many of this year's new badges from last year's suggested badges. I think this will need to be like 5-6+ though cause you'd be surprised how frequently IGDB attaches the Indie genre...even on things like AA games you wouldn't think of as true indie. 

• Like 2

@Rebourne07 Could this rating be used for any game of the collection? 

Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster: FF35th Anniversary 9/10

I was looking around to see if I could find any FF game not as long as IX with an 8+ rating for series master badge and that's the only one I found. It seems borderline in my opinion so I will align with your decision. If it doesn't count, I will go with IX as originally planned, or hope that FF VII Remake part 2 will be rated as an 8+ somewhere. 

35 minutes ago, Shyjun said:

@Rebourne07 Could this rating be used for any game of the collection? 

Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster: FF35th Anniversary 9/10

I was looking around to see if I could find any FF game not as long as IX with an 8+ rating for series master badge and that's the only one I found. It seems borderline in my opinion so I will align with your decision. If it doesn't count, I will go with IX as originally planned, or hope that FF VII Remake part 2 will be rated as an 8+ somewhere. 

I would be against bundles of separate trophy lists counting for difficulty because then epic cheese opens up for certain bundles, like every PS4 Wolfenstein game as a 10/10.

If you just need an 8, that site has 7.5s for V Remaster and IV Remaster. If you can take 7s for a Hardcore list, III and VI both qualify.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VersusCA said:

I would be against bundles of separate trophy lists counting for difficulty because then epic cheese opens up for certain bundles, like every PS4 Wolfenstein game as a 10/10.

If you just need an 8, that site has 7.5s for V Remaster and IV Remaster. If you can take 7s for a Hardcore list, III and VI both qualify.

That's perfectly sound!

I saw the 7.5 from this site for several games but it is the game difficulty. The trophy difficulty is still indicated as a 7/10. Can both be used? I assumed it was just trophy difficulty at first.

It is not for an hardcore list but just for a list where I can't change my 1-7 and need one more FF game. I will go with FF IX in this case. Thank you both for the clarification!

32 minutes ago, Shyjun said:

That's perfectly sound!

I saw the 7.5 from this site for several games but it is the game difficulty. The trophy difficulty is still indicated as a 7/10. Can both be used? I assumed it was just trophy difficulty at first.

It is not for an hardcore list but just for a list where I can't change my 1-7 and need one more FF game. I will go with FF IX in this case. Thank you both for the clarification!

From meta game.guide you can use either game difficulty or trophy difficulty 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Dude, I love Doom 64. Such a great game and yes indeed made much easier via passwords. 

There's a section in the main post for suggested badge ideas, I'll add this to it. I took many of this year's new badges from last year's suggested badges. I think this will need to be like 5-6+ though cause you'd be surprised how frequently IGDB attaches the Indie genre...even on things like AA games you wouldn't think of as true indie. 

Yeah 5-6+ sounds fair. You can also make the requirements to have Indie listed as a genre exlusively on PSNP, might make it a bit more difficult to achieve.

• Like 1

@Rebourne07 For Roulette, do we need to keep the same difficulty ratings? The clarification only says all three have to be done on the same list, it doesn't say anything about the ratings. Probably would be looking to bump Titanfall 2 from 6 to 7 (.org difficulty average) and Doom 3 from 8 to 9 (from metagame - this one isn't as important).

Edited by VersusCA
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, VersusCA said:

@Rebourne07 For Roulette, do we need to keep the same difficulty ratings? The clarification only says all three have to be done on the same list, it doesn't say anything about the ratings. Probably would be looking to bump Titanfall 2 from 6 to 7 (.org difficulty average) and Doom 3 from 8 to 9 (from metagame - this one isn't as important).

You can change the ratings based on other guides you find. I'll update the clarifications.

• Like 2