Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2024

7 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

It's amazing how much some of us plan how to get so many or even all badges next year.

I've been thinking about it too. But it's driving me crazy. I can't get either Fresh Starter or Royal Flush combined with either PS4 or PS5 Master :(

Unlike this year i'll probably go for Minesweeper and hope for First Badge in my first list.

Question @Rebourne07: on trophies.de i see polls for how much time it takes to platinum/finish a game. Gran Turismo 7 has an average of 146 hours. More than 50 votes in total. Most votes go to ~ 150 hours. Can i use that poll and get the Above and Beyond badge? Even if i use the Difficulty rating from another source i.e. PSNP?

https://www.trophies.de/forum/thema/178255-bewertet-den-zeitaufwand-der-platin-trophäe/

Yes, you can use that 

• Like 3

I was checking some games for my 10/10 that i can use for the Minesweeper Badge and i saw that Diablo IV and Mega Man 11 are listed under the 10/10 difficulty as suggetions. Diablo IV is 8/10 or 4/10 on the linked guide (Powerpyx) and Mega Man 11 is also 8/10 on the linked guide (PSNP). @Rebourne07

Edited by Evil_Joker88

15 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

I was checking some games for my 10/10 that i can use for the Minesweeper Badge and i saw that Diablo IV and Mega Man 11 are listed under the 10/10 difficulty as suggetions. Diablo IV is 8/10 or 4/10 on the linked guide (Powerpyx) and Mega Man 11 is also 8/10 on the linked guide (PSNP). @Rebourne07

They are both 10/10. PowerPyx had Diablo IV at 10 then changed it to 8 later…which still counts. And Megaman 11 is 10/10 on playstationtrophies.org poll…I just need to change the link I guess. Either way Masochist is no longer a badge so you don’t have to avoid that for Minesweeper if that’s your concern.

Edited by Rebourne07

4 minutes ago, zemiguelreis said:

So here it is my first draft list for the Challenge! I will also be completing all the DLCs as well.

274e.png 1/10:  Grim Fandango (PSNProfiles, 13h, PS4/PSV)

274e.png 2/10:  Life is Strange: True Colors (PSNProfiles, 6h, PS5)

274e.png 3/10:  Horizon Zero Dawn (PSNProfiles, 40h, PS4, +3 DLCs)

274e.png 4/10:  Resogun (PlatPrices, 10h, PS3/PSV)

274e.png 5/10:  Rage (PSNProfiles, 25h, PS3, +1 DLC)

274e.png 6/10:  ?

274e.png 7/10:  Nex Machina (PSNProfiles, 30h, PS4)

✘  8/10:  OlliOlli World (PlatPrices, 40h, PS5, +2 DLCs) - This one is done, I'm just waiting for 2024 to pop it!

274e.png 9/10:  Trials Rising (PlatPrices, 100h, PS4, +2 DLCs)

274e.png 10/10:  Red Dead Redemption 2 (PSTrophies, 200h, PS4)

We all know RDR2 is not a true 10/10 in difficulty. However, I don't see any game in this category that I feel like playing in the next months, so I'll just use this one since it's "legal".

I'll also be playing Crypt during this year, which will take up a lot of my time, but there is no way I will be able to complete it so fast anyway.

If you have some cool ideas for the 6/10 based on my profile feel free to suggest them.

I'm also interested in playing "Batman: Arkham Knight" but I don't find it as 6/10 anywhere. I could also trade it with Resogun but I didn't find a website for this one either.

Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair is a 6/10 here on PSNP

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zemiguelreis said:

I'm also interested in playing "Batman: Arkham Knight" but I don't find it as 6/10 anywhere. I could also trade it with Resogun but I didn't find a website for this one either.

You can use .org's difficulty average for rage (5.23) to put it in your 6/10 slot, then use metagame's rating for Arkham Knight to put it in your 5/10.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, barra333 said:

Tails of Iron for your 6/10?

4 hours ago, graphic_violins8 said:

Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair is a 6/10 here on PSNP

Thank you for the tips, didn't know about these games and now they are definitely on my radar!

2 hours ago, VersusCA said:

You can use .org's difficulty average for rage (5.23) to put it in your 6/10 slot, then use metagame's rating for Arkham Knight to put it in your 5/10.

This is the perfect solution for me, thank you so much, post edited 😃

• Like 1

1/10: Life is Strange: True Colors - PlaystationTrophies

2/10: Spyro The Dragon - PSNProfiles

3/10: MLB 23: The Show - PSNProfiles

4/10: God of War: Ragnarok - PSNProfiles

5/10: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard - PSNProfiles

6/10: Mafia: Definitive Edition - PSNProfiles

7/10: Resident Evil Village - Powerpyx

8/10: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 - PSNProfiles

9/10: Trackmania Turbo - PSNProfiles

10/10: Bleed - PSNProfiles

Question about the licensed badge: I have MLB The Show and Tony Hawk in my list. Would you count these games as a licensed title?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheHarlex322 said:

Question about the licensed badge: I have MLB The Show and Tony Hawk in my list. Would you count these games as a licensed title?

Great list! But no, sports licenses don’t count. Has to be games, movies, shows, toys etc. MLB does count towards the Jock badge though. 

Edited by Rebourne07

7 hours ago, TheHarlex322 said:

Very cool list! Bleed is a great idea for a 10/10, it's one of the fastest ones you can get 

2 hours ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

The Rebourne Roulette sounds interesting. I really do need something to push me out of the games that I am prepping for my own personal challenge(get at least 40 games to 99% trophy completion and then, on Summer 2024, get the final trophy in every one of them in 24 hours).

Yeah just post your answers to the survey from the main post and I’ll assign your Rebourne Roulette games :) 

Skipped 2023, but definitely participating again in 2024. 

🟩  1/10   Farming Simulator 22

🟥️  2/10   Minit

🟩  3/10   Children of Morta

🟩  4/10   Marvel’s Midnight Suns

🟩  5/10   Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age

🟩  6/10   Warhammer: Chaosbane

🟥️  7/10   Baldur’s Gate III

🟩  8/10   Kena: Bridge of Spirits

🟥  9/10   Celeste

🟥️ 10/10   Red Dead Redemption 2

Badges collected: 

Above & Beyond (Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age, 120 hrs) 

Backlog Breaker (FS22, DQXIS, Marvel’s Midnight Suns) 

Simmer (FS22)

Y Tho? (FS22)

Edited by Larzz
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Yeah just post your answers to the survey from the main post and I’ll assign your Rebourne Roulette games :) 

Before I give my survey, I want to state that if I do this challenge, it'll be on my second account which hosts games which have difficult DLC, because I can easily put a 10/10 game on that list, The Binding of Issac, which is 10/10 on PlatPrices.  URL: https://platprices.com/search.php?q=Binding+of+Issac

Of course, the problem is I don't know whether I can just download Rebirth and now the Repentance DLC because the trophy for doing all the challenges is based on what DLC you have, and Repentance has some utterly brutal challenges they add... and you have to do those as well to get the platinum. (One of them is basically everything is glitched to the nines and you have no idea what item pickups do. I platinumed the base no-DLC Rebirth version of BoI although it took me weeks to do because a couple of trophies require complete RNG BS to get. :(

However, I did enjoy seeing people playing through those challenges and that got me into the game despite how cursed it is visually and mentally. But it'll never be as cursed as the South Park RPGs. :lol:

And if you are wondering why I am not doing this challenge on my actual account, it's because Binding of Issac has DLC, lots of it, and it's all cursed. My second account is the Seven Hells for games which have DLC that I will never be able to complete due to difficulty, time cost or just overall complete BS.

Edited by ProfSeajay7

3 minutes ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

Before I give my survey, I want to state that if I do this challenge, it'll be on my second account which hosts games which have difficult DLC, because I can easily put a 10/10 game on that list, The Binding of Issac, which is 10/10 on PlatPrices.  URL: https://platprices.com/search.php?q=Binding+of+Issac

Of course, the problem is I don't know whether I can just download Rebirth and now the Repentance DLC because the trophy for doing all the challenges is based on what DLC you have, and Repentance has some utterly brutal challenges they add... and you have to do those as well to get the platinum. (One of them is basically everything is glitched to the nines and you have no idea what item pickups do. I platinumed the base no-DLC Rebirth version of BoI although it took me weeks to do because a couple of trophies require complete RNG BS to get. :(

However, I did enjoy seeing people playing through those challenges and that got me into the game despite how cursed it is visually and mentally. But it'll never be as cursed as the South Park RPGs. :lol:

Sounds good man. Doesn’t matter what account you do things on as long as all 10 games are done on the same account. 

1 hour ago, Shyjun said:

Do tabletop licensed games like Baldur's Gate (DnD) and Cyberpunk 2077 (Cyberpunk) count towards the Licensed badge?

Cyberpunk for sure no. If Baldur’s Gate 3 is officially licensed by DnD itself rather than just being based on it…yeah. Is it officially licensed? 

From Wikipedia for Baldur's Gate 3:

"The third main title, Baldur's Gate III, was developed by Larian Studios in partnership with Wizards of the Coast, which holds the license for the Dungeons & Dragons IP."

So it would seem like a yes for this one.

As for the first and second game, I don't find any clear information if they are officially licensed or not, so I would guess they don't count.

Anyway, thanks for the clarification as always!

• Like 1

I'd like to give this a try as well!

List:

1/10 - Unpacking [PSNProfiles]

2/10 - Prototype 2 [PSNProfiles]

3/10 - Detroit: Become Human [PSNProfiles]

4/10 - Prey [PSNProfiles]

5/10 - Resident Evil 7: Biohazard [PSNProfiles]

6/10 - Wolfenstein: The New Order [PSNProfiles]

7/10 - Yakuza Kiwami [PSNProfiles]

8/10 - Devil May Cry 5 [PSNProfiles]

9/10 - Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time [PSNProfiles]

10/10 - Splasher [PSNProfiles]

Good chance to get through my backlog. I'll see how far I can get!

• Like 2