Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2024

5 hours ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

don't know if it was asked before because I only read the first post.. if u are only checking the base list with the plat (and not the dlc), how are u treating MW3? does it only count if u do the plat for the PS4 version?

Yeah…only PS4 for Modern Warfare 3. Even if PS5 Modern Warfare 3 was a standalone 100% it’d count…but as a DLC pack there’s just no way to count it without opening up a can of worms. 

Are there any difficulty 8 games that have DLC in them? I did check PlatPrices and the only game that interests me is Enter the Gungeon, and I've seen people speedrun that game and it is HARD. I'm not adverse to dodge-rolling a lot, but damn...

Now, don't get me wrong. It's an 8 difficulty so I should expect to go into rage mode a lot(I know what you are gonna say, don't do this challenge then if you can't handle high difficulty games), but if there is a better option than that rogue-like title, maybe an RPG, I would like to check it out. You know, exhaust all options before I just pick the Gungeon.

And the reason why I am considering that game is that it has DLC that is difficult. If I do take the plunge, it'll be on another account which is dedicated to games I can platinum but never get 100% trophies in due to DLC that I am not capable of handling(due to my autism and thin tolerance threshold). I am going to put up a checklist thread and put the link to that post in this post when it's up. The rule is that the game has to be incompletable but have a doable platinum trophy list.

Edited by ProfSeajay7

31 minutes ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

Are there any difficulty 8 games that have DLC in them? I did check PlatPrices and the only game that interests me is Enter the Gungeon, and I've seen people speedrun that game and it is HARD. I'm not adverse to dodge-rolling a lot, but damn...

Now, don't get me wrong. It's an 8 difficulty so I should expect to go into rage mode a lot(I know what you are gonna say, don't do this challenge then if you can't handle high difficulty games), but if there is a better option than that rogue-like title, maybe an RPG, I would like to check it out. You know, exhaust all options before I just pick the Gungeon.

And the reason why I am considering that game is that it has DLC that is difficult. If I do take the plunge, it'll be on another account which is dedicated to games I can platinum but never get 100% trophies in due to DLC that I am not capable of handling(due to my autism and thin tolerance threshold). I am going to put up a checklist thread and put the link to that post in this post when it's up. The rule is that the game has to be incompletable but have a doable platinum trophy list.

I believe Bloodborne is an 8 and has DLC.  Darkest Dungeon is an RPG as well and has DLC and is an 8.

Thanks for the reply graphic_violins8. But since I am not really into the dark goth vibe, I think I have my game list set, for the most part. I just need to do the Rebourne Roulette.

Anyways, I'll put up the list I made and put the survey questions in a spoiler tag for Rebourne8 to check out. ;)

The List

1. Rebourne Roulette
  2. Tales of Arise (rating given by this site)
  3. Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom (rating given by this site)
  4. Kingdom Hearts III (rating given by this site)
  5. Monster Hunter Rise (rating given by PowerPyx)
  6. Rebourne Roulette
  7. Terraria (rating given by PlatPrices)
  8. Enter the Gungeon (rating given by PlatPrices)
  9. Rebourne Roulette
  10. The Binding of Issac: Rebirth (rating given by PlatPrices)

And here are the answers to the survey, Rebourne. Feel free to PM me the games you picked. ;)

Spoiler

What types of games do you love?

Genre-wise, I am a big fan of RPGs, but as for type, any game which isn't too ugly, over-sexed or gross. This account will be focusing on games with DLC trophies so if you can recommend anything like that, that would be nice. ;)

What types of games do you hate?

Genre-wise, I dislike First-Person Shooters, sports games, fighting games and racing games as well as anything that is dark and gothic, over-realistic and has online multiplayer trophies. Also, anything involving war or sex is going to be rejected outright so please, no Call of Duty or Rainbow Six games. I won't say no to the recent Yakuza games(as my only close friend played Like a Dragon and really hyped it up to me) but I will say no to the South Park games. (The only episodes of that show that I watched were extremely gross and offensive to me).

What Playstation systems do you own?

All of them - PS4, PS5 and PS Vita.

Are you okay with paying full price for games?

Only once a month. After paying for rent and food, I have about $350 average left over, but I tend to spend some of that on fast food three times a week, a habit I intend to break this new year. Still, I bought the Pokemon Scarlet/Violet double pack so that can tell you something. My budget is not as great because I can't hold down a job due to the fact that I am on Social Security and they'll cut it off if I get hired for a job. The money I get from Social Security is enough to give me rent(which includes electricity, water and Internet access as the house was built in my parent's backyard), a month's supply of food and some extra to put towards luxury expenses. (I'm saving $200 a month to go to Minnesota in the summer.) After all those expenses, I have about $350 at maximum to put towards other things like going to Subway after my gym workout. I do research before I buy so I can see if I should wait for a sale, but I'm not going to reject paying full price if the game is good.

Are you okay with M-rated games?

As I said, I'm not into gross humor, explicit nudity and sex, or gruesome violence, so technically, no I am not okay with M-rated games. However, I've seen a few M-rated movies which have implicit sexual activity and I have seen Jurassic World which had a bit of violence(due to the Velociraptors and the Indominus Rex eating people) but I prefer not to have M-rated content in the games that I play for the most part. (And for those of you looking at my account, let me plead the fifth in saying that the only reason I got the platinum in Sakura Succubus VI was because I needed a title starting with S and it was a visual novel which I had set to fast-forward through text so I only saw glimpses of the nudity and sexual content!)

EDIT: After checking my account, I realized that I was talking about my old account, Taruta13, which has Sakura Succubus VI on it. This account has not a single nasty gross drop of that perverted visual novel series on it, thank The Twelve! 😞

(Also, yes, I know Binding of Issac is gross and offensive, but not in the way South Park is, and I can ignore the turds and sacrilegious content for the most part. I've played this game many times in the past and enjoy seeing how broken I can make the run. ^_^)

Do you prefer indies, AAA titles or no preference?

No pref. I enjoy both the big names(I've been loyal to Square-Enix for years) and the indies(some games like Cat Quest and Legend of the Skyfish are unpolished gems that people don't give enough credit towards) so either is fine.

Do you want games from your backlog, games new to you or no preference?

Since this is on my secondary account which just has one game on it at the moment, there is no actual backlog to speak of in that account. (Don't recommend games from my main account backlog as this secondary account won't be using games from my main account.) So games new to me.

Are you interested in maximizing badges earned?

Eh, not really. I've seen some of the hardcore badges and I don't intend to do multiple platinum tiers as I don't have any good ideas for future max difficulty titles as most of them violate my requirements. As I said, I have a mental issue that makes me rage quit if things go south too fast, so even some of the normal badges concern me. I just want to do the challenge to see if I can do it in 12 months. If I get a bunch of badges, that's a bonus. :D

Give me a number

I have already come up with seven games so I will give the following numbers for the last three: 1*, 6 and 9.

* I dare you to find a 1-difficulty game that has DLC and a platinum trophy. :lol:

Edited by ProfSeajay7

After a lot of thought I have come to the conclusion that I might as well go all out a list.  Revised list time just a few days before the year starts.

As with the previous list let me know if I made any mistakes here I end up spending way too long starting at these lists.

The List:

1. Paraiso Island
  2. Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line
  3. Final Fantasy XV
  4. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered
  5. Batman Arkham Knight
  6. Batman Arkham Asylum
  7. Batman Arkham City
  8. Final Fantasy IX
  9. Surgeon Simulator
  10. Assetto Corsa: Ultimate Edition
Spoiler
  1. fl95LNrpnZHG47mAn6xEOotm4tvFWLc4cEimEIE9LbWrTWvhM2CfyeYGXFAVI8ggSH1natlwqMhY4bQAKNMJkcGO0CQU42VSRLQ_De0tok37x7SwqJM_EIYbkafwuLta7b8TQ_5ROQrcBl7vj1DTlwgAssetto Corsa: (250), Final Fantasy 9 (120)

2. uPp4cgjPDDf4VJbzOIH_7ngM8w0ISp-NIoykW9ukTjUqB6dJ4CkCnqXr8hjbYwMaZeOoqsOko7MLQS2R4lrw8G1QLQnx0vWHA1zxFZ9HVEl_Cao1sQds7Lifg7XOXLWQbjuL8DgrReUG0chn1Loc8LoParaiso Island

3. YR26CxEoPXImP92NThWS8gVDpJ1eT7RSOBZsK8YcPZ1T_GKhrztwIl850N1mACt6hb108lJYMC-Skx0zoEkZft-d5MgkEhZpvSKS-br2S0F13zXJivd2O-2dKES2j8874xzo7rxnvqSbNLTqHYeETUgFinal Fantasy IX

4. Z4K-mxadrrznnKNgeJlGSB87yk3uZ2SkXFdSZzaKo6DyPVES-6SstfY6OIDktt4K71aVhVwBX6oaBDO5YTeoA3AkKuBvQgYgaPo9LU09gweJkePxERjF9zkb0sFOCGaPBQFF8zJnH4JbewWl7JDIKtIJust about every game.

5. 5RsRJAA87dGze0fkbJDnxUGAObCE1HIFAGbwu80UgGxH0T3DJaOEntNMAmCb8UU5b9nIRo-pS2pERX4fCEYJfD9OOafLLGm81UOcJ69Yya-Tca_zmzWbCWXu2f8ZjMaNWLC-IkLNTUivs0deGrQFCdMTheatrhythm: Final Bar Line, FF XV, FF IX

6. sK-53TNdi6BJh7TCSsQrkliPb0dhS-Dzzloshu5A0-dZFOD_fYL85PrAYuOMibthfSM70S6Hbk9tZ5HBPojN8_0e6SCNWftTMAfVnM7wQ9FP6PgsHsrsY-lTNcSaJSwShNEpqdbC19kj2hM_guBbxS0Uncharted Drake’s Fortune (Naughty Dog)

7. KEAbiNdyHKfNjx9WA7i38Jdq4lL2_SU_f-pJE0SQWyoIEPEMRiXxAr4IcXL_VOoumGrWQGT5Zh7yN3w_IXm32H0LtfMQx5vqfl2w9qCrhiDKozKrXJ25zuLnh0SHRab8iL3hw0PaOQj-3WRb7i9VN04 Batman Arkham Asylum, Batman Arkham City, Batman Arkham Asylum

8. vC7ZYW-c_RbMDiRDOja2F7Sc643Y9WC9G5pV2w6bfviGG2YFL6DDWrYEd9bN9BZCXtw65VLB8-hSJmK3Fmhre_FcS_2z3FSHphjkcqmWWnLxl3ORWreIi5JCYFH7QmprswPs4qLVybGH5MPRuwBhFd8 Paraiso Island

9. EESnPFN53bNkohdmNi2JOglT1Z-L6FjiKjDLnX1dlcVF4grmCpwwk94lYKTx6Dd37D4gLYJS7lebcsm64Zrb1qu-rA1icU59sIGmfADDbO6S7fDR0hUvWWfTDuHzOimUoEZiWcdr0BhcZNbS8RoeRgsTo be determined.

10. rXx8XiAeOTg-aRKxdWBhJ-Js8NsVkMfKbSqfqxDwjonu_6Zs1-fh7JpCDWEzCcGuFSXyXyRJoxIJewRj2F3Iot9PVjoVExj_1Gt96daGMS2pOGQiND0-SWh8wjf8ETQ17flw04uH8D8ivWlYaSO1Yz8Batman Arkham City and Asylum (Remade in the Return to Arkham Collection) Uncharted Drake’s Fortune (Remastered)

11. 4SHgc2FP97G_tI5_R5XHTnEX0UdHcUpNPPE81JgAIEjm787c53yEyfMHC_fWtgGPNzAPjmTKtrrW_063H9VItCcooj9t1kk530IGb7Pz5eNdpCUyaXHmF6Es1iuq-MGpwMXGhhBdytD7WMybSm9wWlQA little uncertain about this one but Arkham Asylum and City were sold together in the Return to Arkham bundle.

12. 2MTMowoE5HJ2FwDG5LQNi70ajVSrac99sGOGbev5jmfZXFd06bdVT4uzoAPnejUG5Dapa4j8t8XXODBk6ysws82WS1NNEBBpAseom_9Y5lEeNutq7l0l8oKmMJFbE1anK1wT1XPaa0oxzzM2kvrKyW0All 10 games are ps4 games.

13. DhFB8LVN7urAQyO3PJ9TMPNxx_XdD4rXdv8_IBtwtCU-HFPBY29svGcjoydbBVyE0EoL7KhYD5Qy35u6jZZQOT2aTDNcmFQb4fhHDLjVLTCvJOfaCjdjsAeFlUj_7JQs4G6Vp5759lw1FkMhohsEtHcTheatrhythm: Final Bar Line (Music)

14. ftEhUxdbUoxDvrxNFTI-hT6mr0kI13bum3wpfx0jQS7We6bqUH7SAueM_m976Eo9HMT-CxWtvzN9-dkIAOF2Hd-DxfQguLEmWUoRb4pHp0gAnsN2PNUvJXrUe8xgC-iZJT-aEoC5LMWE_6kzuAaTZRQ Paraiso Island: “P”

15. JzUvw3OCtEXiCCU9Yp1tar1b-UlMdsVlWjyO9KjfYVL03dkF3qzLujanRd-Lirzqhb7owkxWc9FwWBhc_ACJjsPA5Z_Xp6lQ4HrDPmvBc6V7b4TtLQSHqSQcHJr1K5X1Gx22GymHLao4IO30Sqmb_s0Batman Arkham Asylum, Knight, City (Batman Series) Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line, Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy XV (Final Fantasy Series)

16. Jwfsc-j7rKDn-hKILOIosSbEFeNYAe2VGuIsPdmvTPUBSY-fxFPkn9Wm-1ZODc8bfpZdpHoYqz3W5YiULLQmogpZ88f1QauQN5yqrPVnJ5JW2PEucSXvgUUNqI-AxiIulpuHj5xzAVT-9r2mk3WHqM0 Surgeon Simulator

17. Ox1E-zrB1uScTvQKaoHpACyZ8glujA1sjqgcklq2xfJNGFOgYQ8SM-zjf7slmhJeNFVicOiG4ymb7agJ88BySGRIdZdc-HEiX6uKVhHco_Py-zYdEBw5YNzky8a_32WNcNn0N98wJW-t1H3dPNjyAD4Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line 

18. 0w0Bocs8HQv0-gAPB8mCqog6DuuQoLzUt2bqA3oCvwUGhDWirT2UYcRQnuUekkURqnVEsUUwD5KuPNSDtXw5-FpJE6lxgGdE9K64ztyK1W2ElIk2TNEbMZcfSpHXTdI4m1VJmuE7N3L0dsJVtJZesCsAssetto Corsa, Surgeon Sim

19. cWFQiuXVsDN-WqkH-Fcg8tEHZmyn19KV1iLp0sDSTWVm7J7hH51pxrUpg_UhkAOQh7jMMQ-VVtLWcMrJ7zYS6GlsVeDwo9Pg-uE8aBX7ZSJtP9rF1U1TNpjnhMGSS4TpQokW6pZ9mKcubqPjvfO46gEAs of counting 16+ badges.

20. w5p71idB7LBPvKGWz78J9dcfry1ytWDdmjwUE-lbVpCA16eZCmjmc0GEJQgUJmoNyGsAg_O-sMKwzbPkJeYNs-E2kXUO_cE-GLBVpX7FvlVIsiLSy6QaQtlI5jzavv1pTy14jyGmzasZNGAcCrV1gv4 1%er, Gotta catch em all, Top 10, Rebourne Roulette, Royal Flush, Grinder, Series Master

21. Grinder.gif761 Hours Total

Spoiler

Assetto Corsa: (250)

Surgeon Sim: (50)

Final Fantasy 9 (120)

Batman Arkham City (75)

Batman Arkham Asylum (35)

Batman Arkham Knight (75)

Final Fantasy XV (80)

Uncharted Drake's Fortune Remastered (25)

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (50)

Paraiso Island (1)

22. _pBBh7T8AusZRgbCG1MAbSAL34vbydXTNb4yPMcDJFYUovPSaDo563BjTR6GU8_wSx0j7SHuraxk5IqGjaLGSxhgIiRSPLcVvFRkD9e9FJ7PavN1_WPgED-zEmD0WDEdOevFmcS_zwpTv-7F0bv9XHQ#'s 2, 5, and 9.   

23. FQKg3sUx_3ILkZNM_eYKGfNyvtuV6cLQyR3bScmKu1tH_hpFEr6Xs3u4zhhM_GNHg78MrLEwfGunuxJbxmK3SeCe7qQT3q8m9vQ5G_q8BYfNRG3v561rrCka9yMDbTY2Am8WptBa2t382GjPgqlUb7A Everything But Paraiso Island

24. spacer.pngFinal Fantasy Series,  Batman Series

25. Mq9PlvCpeeqi138lo2g2r0Q1qEvHg0SGkYKyyHW4B_mQg_paXMP1rRfo2GXTzJuqUxnNG-0CY3wRntCrD9OP_NjLjVj8FQQf9XcZ3K88HVsvj6xhEFP9a-2JHMdb9X5JIERXFUPsOzz6Xd1-eXxO0Rw Assetto Corsa (Fear)

Edited by nashoyo68
Placed Uncharted at 4 and FF XV at 3 and hopefully fixed guide links.
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

I have a question @nashoyo68: you list Uncharted Drake's Fortune Remastered as your entry 3/10 but link the psnp guide which gives the game a 5/10 rating. I saw only difficulty 4 or 5 for the game. Can you please link your guide/rating? :)

Looks like a mistake on my part. I think I got the difficulty rating from the ps3 list which is not the remastered version. I will look for a replacement in the meantime because I assume this doesn't count?

Edit: It should be fixed now. I simply swapped uncharted and FFXV as FFXV can be found as a 3 and Uncharted can be found as a 4.

Edited by nashoyo68
Clarity
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, nashoyo68 said:

Looks like a mistake on my part. I think I got the difficulty rating from the ps3 list which is not the remastered version. I will look for a replacement in the meantime because I assume this doesn't count?

Edit: It should be fixed now. I simply swapped uncharted and FFXV as FFXV can be found as a 3 and Uncharted can be found as a 4.

As far as i'm concerned the rating for the original Uncharted counts for the Remaster too as it's the same game for the :platinum: :)

But it's cool that you found a way by switching the guides around :)

• Like 2

i wil do my list later i have been thinking alot to join the platinum difficulty challenge but i want to join i can improve myself in gaming alot more by joining challenges here on psnprofiles i do attack on completion next year and backlog challenge already working on crysis core final fantasy 7 reunion 

• Like 2

On 12/27/2023 at 10:05 AM, ProfSeajay7 said:

Thanks for the reply graphic_violins8. But since I am not really into the dark goth vibe, I think I have my game list set, for the most part. I just need to do the Rebourne Roulette.

Anyways, I'll put up the list I made and put the survey questions in a spoiler tag for Rebourne8 to check out. ;)

The List

1. Rebourne Roulette
  2. Tales of Arise (rating given by this site)
  3. Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom (rating given by this site)
  4. Kingdom Hearts III (rating given by this site)
  5. Monster Hunter Rise (rating given by PowerPyx)
  6. Rebourne Roulette
  7. Terraria (rating given by PlatPrices)
  8. Enter the Gungeon (rating given by PlatPrices)
  9. Rebourne Roulette
  10. The Binding of Issac: Rebirth (rating given by PlatPrices)

And here are the answers to the survey, Rebourne. Feel free to PM me the games you picked. ;)

Hide contents

What types of games do you love?

Genre-wise, I am a big fan of RPGs, but as for type, any game which isn't too ugly, over-sexed or gross. This account will be focusing on games with DLC trophies so if you can recommend anything like that, that would be nice. ;)

What types of games do you hate?

Genre-wise, I dislike First-Person Shooters, sports games, fighting games and racing games as well as anything that is dark and gothic, over-realistic and has online multiplayer trophies. Also, anything involving war or sex is going to be rejected outright so please, no Call of Duty or Rainbow Six games. I won't say no to the recent Yakuza games(as my only close friend played Like a Dragon and really hyped it up to me) but I will say no to the South Park games. (The only episodes of that show that I watched were extremely gross and offensive to me).

What Playstation systems do you own?

All of them - PS4, PS5 and PS Vita.

Are you okay with paying full price for games?

Only once a month. After paying for rent and food, I have about $350 average left over, but I tend to spend some of that on fast food three times a week, a habit I intend to break this new year. Still, I bought the Pokemon Scarlet/Violet double pack so that can tell you something. My budget is not as great because I can't hold down a job due to the fact that I am on Social Security and they'll cut it off if I get hired for a job. The money I get from Social Security is enough to give me rent(which includes electricity, water and Internet access as the house was built in my parent's backyard), a month's supply of food and some extra to put towards luxury expenses. (I'm saving $200 a month to go to Minnesota in the summer.) After all those expenses, I have about $350 at maximum to put towards other things like going to Subway after my gym workout. I do research before I buy so I can see if I should wait for a sale, but I'm not going to reject paying full price if the game is good.

Are you okay with M-rated games?

As I said, I'm not into gross humor, explicit nudity and sex, or gruesome violence, so technically, no I am not okay with M-rated games. However, I've seen a few M-rated movies which have implicit sexual activity and I have seen Jurassic World which had a bit of violence(due to the Velociraptors and the Indominus Rex eating people) but I prefer not to have M-rated content in the games that I play for the most part. (And for those of you looking at my account, let me plead the fifth in saying that the only reason I got the platinum in Sakura Succubus VI was because I needed a title starting with S and it was a visual novel which I had set to fast-forward through text so I only saw glimpses of the nudity and sexual content! :angry:)

(Also, yes, I know Binding of Issac is gross and offensive, but not in the way South Park is, and I can ignore the turds and sacrilegious content for the most part. I've played this game many times in the past and enjoy seeing how broken I can make the run. ^_^)

Do you prefer indies, AAA titles or no preference?

No pref. I enjoy both the big names(I've been loyal to Square-Enix for years) and the indies(some games like Cat Quest and Legend of the Skyfish are unpolished gems that people don't give enough credit towards) so either is fine.

Do you want games from your backlog, games new to you or no preference?

Since this is on my secondary account which just has one game on it at the moment, there is no actual backlog to speak of in that account. (Don't recommend games from my main account backlog as this secondary account won't be using games from my main account.) So games new to me.

Are you interested in maximizing badges earned?

Eh, not really. I've seen some of the hardcore badges and I don't intend to do multiple platinum tiers as I don't have any good ideas for future max difficulty titles as most of them violate my requirements. As I said, I have a mental issue that makes me rage quit if things go south too fast, so even some of the normal badges concern me. I just want to do the challenge to see if I can do it in 12 months. If I get a bunch of badges, that's a bonus. :D

Give me a number

I have already come up with seven games so I will give the following numbers for the last three: 1*, 6 and 9.

* I dare you to find a 1-difficulty game that has DLC and a platinum trophy. :lol:

Your Rebourne Roulette games:

1/10 - The Walking Dead (1/10 with DLC and a platinum trophy...but M rated so if you don't want that then Grim Fandango Remastered)

6/10 - Final Fantasy VII Remake (The PS5 version has the Intergrade DLC)

9/10 - Returnal (It's almost impossible to find a 9/10 RPG that isn't Fromsoft and therefore gothic in nature. I believe this to be the best fit, plus it has DLC trophies)

• Like 1

@Rebourne07 It's me again for yet another question 😄

Dead By Daylight PS4 stack has two trophy lists: one for the main game and first half of DLC, another one for the second half of DLC.

Since the two trophy list are differents, can it be used as two different entries? Even on the same list?

If yes, how should the rating used for the DLC list be considered?

I had not considered it at first since it is the same game for me and it seems like a gray area (based games are considered in the rules and this second list is not a base game). But I thought I might as well asked to confirm so we can rule it in or out for all games concerned.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Shyjun said:

@Rebourne07 It's me again for yet another question 😄

Dead By Daylight PS4 stack has two trophy lists: one for the main game and first half of DLC, another one for the second half of DLC.

Since the two trophy list are differents, can it be used as two different entries? Even on the same list?

If yes, how should the rating used for the DLC list be considered?

I had not considered it at first since it is the same game for me and it seems like a gray area (based games are considered in the rules and this second list is not a base game). But I thought I might as well asked to confirm so we can rule it in or out for all games concerned.

This is a good question. Something regarding this came up in the Backlog Challenge 2024 too, idk if that was you as well or not.

I'd say since it has it's own trophy list completely outside of the main game, it is it's own game so you can count it and the base game as separate games and do both on the same list. With the trophy guide however, I feel like the 6/10 150hrs for the base game doesn't apply to the Additional Chapters game...since the requirements are radically different. I did find this 3/10 guide specifically for Additional Chapters that you could use though. As with other 100% games, only the "base game" matters so completing this for the challenge's sake would be completing just DLC Pack 1: Chapter XIII

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 2

@Rebourne07 Thanks for the quick answer! And yes it was me asking a question about this game on the backlog challenge albeit not the same one.

Could any of the DLC pack count for completion as long as you complete it? There are guides on psnprofiles for each one. I am asking not especially for the rating but for the completion time as I was hoping to get grinder badge on the list I plan to use it, but I am short of 10 hours with the Chapter XIII pack. For instance, there is this one All-Kill Chapter (5/10 and 35h).

5 minutes ago, Shyjun said:

@Rebourne07 Thanks for the quick answer! And yes it was me asking a question about this game on the backlog challenge albeit not the same one.

Could any of the DLC pack count for completion as long as you complete it? There are guides on psnprofiles for each one. I am asking not especially for the rating but for the completion time as I was hoping to get grinder badge on the list I plan to use it, but I am short of 10 hours with the Chapter XIII pack. For instance, there is this one All-Kill Chapter (5/10 and 35h).

Yeah, we can do that. What a weird edge case that is. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rebourne07 said:

Your Rebourne Roulette games:

1/10 - The Walking Dead (1/10 with DLC and a platinum trophy...but M rated so if you don't want that then Grim Fandango Remastered)

6/10 - Final Fantasy VII Remake (The PS5 version has the Intergrade DLC)

9/10 - Returnal (It's almost impossible to find a 9/10 RPG that isn't Fromsoft and therefore gothic in nature. I believe this to be the best fit, plus it has DLC trophies)

Well, I am not a fan of zombie apocalypses so I will try Grim Fandango Remastered since I had earned the platinum for the original a while back. (The only thing I didn't like was the fact you had to use tank controls, but after dealing with the tanks in Spyro 3 I am no longer concerned.)

For #2, I had avoided FFVII remake due to the difficulty trophy but since I am going to do this challenge, I need to suck it up and just try to suffer through hard mode. I know that there is chapter select so I can probably just use that for the Hard Mode trophy. Also, the Intergrade DLC has its own story involving my favorite Final Fantasy VII character, Yuffie! ^_^ I'll probably mute the main game while playing it but I'll definitely want to hear the voice actress for Yuffie in the DLC. :D

Returnal... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh...

:spank:

All right! All right! I'm going to enter the Gungeon of Bullet Hell and the nightmares of Issac, I should just suck this up. As long as I can skip cutscenes I'll be fine. My close friend said he had enjoyed the game. I think he played it. I'll find out when I go to his gym on Saturday(since my parents decided to visit my sister in Houston on Thursday :().

I'll look into these games. I mean, I did answer your survey so if I want that roulette badge, I have to just not complain and see if I can do them, do some research on those other two games and whatnot. I'm not implying that I hate what you gave me. To be honest, I am willing to platinum FFVI Remake because Rebirth is about to come out this February so I should try to see whether I will enjoy the remake... AFTER I get the platinum on the original FFVII on my main account, of course. ;)

• Like 4

@Rebourne07 Can you clarify Royal Flush? I think it was originally supposed to be only games with progress pre-December but the description (see below) says we have til the end of the year to get the games at 1%+ or higher. I might need a temporary game for my 2/10 because I'm not confident that my Rugby Challenge 4 guide will be published in time 😅The plan would be to move that game to my Royal Flush list once the guide finally comes out, if possible.

• Royal Flush - 7 or more of your games on your list had 1%+ progress BEFORE December 2023
    • Any game with any number of trophies > 0 on your account from BEFORE December 31, 2023
    • Many accounts will not be able to get this badge which is ok. Not everyone can earn every badge. 
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VersusCA said:

@Rebourne07 Can you clarify Royal Flush? I think it was originally supposed to be only games with progress pre-December but the description (see below) says we have til the end of the year to get the games at 1%+ or higher. I might need a temporary game for my 2/10 because I'm not confident that my Rugby Challenge 4 guide will be published in time 😅The plan would be to move that game to my Royal Flush list once the guide finally comes out, if possible.

• Royal Flush - 7 or more of your games on your list had 1%+ progress BEFORE December 2023
    • Any game with any number of trophies > 0 on your account from BEFORE December 31, 2023
    • Many accounts will not be able to get this badge which is ok. Not everyone can earn every badge. 

Yeah, the shenanigans with moving the dates was just to prevent people from preloading 10 games on their list in December for the badge. Like I'm doing a Backlog Challenge unrelated to this where I preloaded some games so even though both of my lists will technically be eligible for Royal Flush...I'm not gonna claim them cause that'd be unfair. But if its just 1 or 2 games go ahead and preload. The official time is any time before January 1st, 2024. From the above it looks like I need to update that.

• Like 3

So next year I'll focus on the A-Z and Every Genre Challenge and still see if I can get done a list or two here along the way.

List 1.

:hidden:1/10:  The Suicide Of Rachel Foster

:hidden:2/10: Final Fantasy II

:hidden:3/10: Unturned

:hidden:4/10: Zombie Tycoon 2

:hidden:5/10: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

:hidden:6/10: Quantum Theory

:hidden:7/10: XCOM 2

:hidden:8/10: Yakuza 0

:hidden:9/10: Vanquish

:hidden:10/10: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Edited by D-E-U-S-X
  • Like 3

@Rebourne07 What is the official timezone of reference to start unlocking game on the 1st of January?

I was thinking of maybe giving a shot for First! badge as I was able to put up a list of 10 games this week from my backlog that would be "quick" to complete despite still aiming for the grinder badge with it. But as I am living in Tokyo area, it will be new year quite early in my area compared to others and I would prefer it to be fair.

I will not have all 10 games ready to pop on the clock right away so someone who does will likely beat me to it but I want to try anyway for the challenge!

Edited by Shyjun
  • Like 4

On 12/27/2023 at 1:21 PM, OurLights said:

I'd like to give this a try as well!

List:

1/10 - Unpacking [PSNProfiles]

2/10 - Prototype 2 [PSNProfiles]

3/10 - Detroit: Become Human [PSNProfiles]

4/10 - Prey [PSNProfiles]

5/10 - Resident Evil 7: Biohazard [PSNProfiles]

6/10 - Wolfenstein: The New Order [PSNProfiles]

7/10 - Yakuza Kiwami [PSNProfiles]

8/10 - Devil May Cry 5 [PSNProfiles]

9/10 - Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time [PSNProfiles]

10/10 - Splasher [PSNProfiles]

Good chance to get through my backlog. I'll see how far I can get!

I have posted this list here before, but I kind of want to do it on another account on which I want to focus on completion rate. Would it be OK to do so? For updates on the list and completion I would be posting on the other account (account is called GhastlySoulsc, still have to change the settings on my ps5 to be able to show trophies).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shyjun said:

What is the official timezone of reference to start unlocking game on the 1st of January?

I asked this a few days ago; you can start popping platinums as soon as it turns midnight in your time zone.

Maybe the fairest approach if multiple people actually get plat on 1 January would be to measure it in how many hours it took after it became midnight in their time zone? I didn't ask about that part 😅Each person could share their list in their own time zone and it would be calculated based on when the 10th game is finished, you couldn't really exploit it by moving time zone closer to International Date Line because then your early games would be 2023 time stamps.

For what it's worth I do have a list that I will be able to pop in about 2 hours, unless something goes horribly wrong in the last half of Riddick or one of the prepared things gives me a lot of trouble.

Edited by VersusCA
  • Like 3