The most optimal route for 100%?

HaserPL

So from what I see and have read online, one playthrough on maximum difficulty for the plat, but then I wanna do the 100%. So, After getting the plat on Maximum Security, NG+ on Hardcore is doable or does it only unlock after beating Hardcore on NG first? Then the Contagion Mode, is it available in some kind of NG+ or not? Any insight is gonna help. Thanks.

2 hours ago, ZOLANTON said:

1st playthrough on Normal mode at Maximum Security while collecting everything and saving as many credits as possible/buy as many upgrades as you can. Try to find the schematics for all weapons, but do not buy the new weapons as you will have Inventory issues with the diluted ammo that appears in the game, instead save your credits. This will save time later. You should have the platinum after this run.

2nd playthrough on Hardcore mode. Simply beat the game to get one trophy (Recidivist).

3rd playthrough on Hardcore mode New Game+. Again just beat the game. This should give you two trophies (Lifer, Parole Denied).

4th playthrough on Contagion mode without dying. This should get you two trophies (Glutton for Punishment, You Belong Here). Play offline and backup your save to PS+ or a USB after beating every chapter for an easier time.

5th playthrough on New Game+ of Normal mode at Minimum Security. Upgrade all weapons. If you saved a lot of credits during your 1st playthrough, you can get the Armed to the Teeth trophy before even completing this playthrough (got it midway Chapter 7 personally). If you didn't save enough credits/buy enough upgrades on 1st playthrough, you may need to go up to a 6th playthrough.

Follow up with 2 runs of Riot mode but may take more. One for Hoard Mode trophy and one for the rest, Optinooby has a great video on Youtube for this.

Lastly one run of Final Transmission on any difficulty you like to get all of this DLC's trophies.

Damn, that's a lot of playthroughs, thank you for a great explanation. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2023 at 8:46 AM, ZOLANTON said:

1st playthrough on Normal mode at Maximum Security while collecting everything and saving as many credits as possible/buy as many upgrades as you can. Try to find the schematics for all weapons, but do not buy the new weapons as you will have Inventory issues with the diluted ammo that appears in the game, instead save your credits. This will save time later. You should have the platinum after this run.

2nd playthrough on Hardcore mode. Simply beat the game to get one trophy (Recidivist).

3rd playthrough on Hardcore mode New Game+. Again just beat the game. This should give you two trophies (Lifer, Parole Denied).

4th playthrough on Contagion mode without dying. This should get you two trophies (Glutton for Punishment, You Belong Here). Play offline and backup your save to PS+ or a USB after beating every chapter for an easier time.

5th playthrough on New Game+ of Normal mode at Minimum Security. Upgrade all weapons. If you saved a lot of credits during your 1st playthrough, you can get the Armed to the Teeth trophy before even completing this playthrough (got it midway Chapter 7 personally). If you didn't save enough credits/buy enough upgrades on 1st playthrough, you may need to go up to a 6th playthrough.

Follow up with 2 runs of Riot mode but may take more. One for Hoard Mode trophy and one for the rest, Optinooby has a great video on Youtube for this.

Lastly one run of Final Transmission on any difficulty you like to get all of this DLC's trophies.

Thank you for the detailed info! I have a question. You say to save money on your first playthrough. Does only money carry to new game+? I'm just after the water slide and I've not upgraded any weapon (well, did it for the trophy but loaded my save back). Is it safe to upgrade weapons on the first playthrough? Do these upgrades carry to ng+?

Thanks!

21 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

Thank you for the detailed info! I have a question. You say to save money on your first playthrough. Does only money carry to new game+? I'm just after the water slide and I've not upgraded any weapon (well, did it for the trophy but loaded my save back). Is it safe to upgrade weapons on the first playthrough? Do these upgrades carry to ng+?

Thanks!

Hey, in New Game+ all of your upgrades, ammo, weapons and Credits get transferred from your first playthrough when you reach the first Shop in Chapter 2. It is safe to upgrade weapons in the first playthrough, you will have them in New Game+.

The reason I mentioned to save your money is to not spend them carelessly for ammo or buying all weapons before the very end of the game, just before the final boss. If you buy all weapons midway your first playthrough, you will be finding ammo for all of the weapons and you will have Inventory issues. This will lead you to have to let go of some of your resources, which translates into lost Credits. You should be able to finish the first run with just the Hand Cannon and the Riot Shotgun and buying as many upgrades for them, your Baton and the Kinesis power.

So, if you didn't miss a lot of credits from the first playthrough, you may cut an unnecessary playthrough in New Game+ of Normal mode (which I marked as the 5th playthrough in my previous post), where you will try to upgrade all weapons. Depending on how much ammo you conserve, you can unlock the Armed to the Teeth trophy before finishing a 5th playthrough of the game. Without saving credits or spending them carelessly such as for ammo, you may have to go to a 6th playthrough.

On 12/5/2023 at 7:46 AM, ZOLANTON said:

jesus this is a lot

I'm going to be sick of this game by the time I get around to it

On 12/5/2023 at 8:46 AM, ZOLANTON said:

Is not better to switch playthrough 1 and 5?

11 minutes ago, iSisko87 said:

Is not better to switch playthrough 1 and 5?

How so? It's best to start straight on Maximum Security. It prepares the ground for Hardcore and Contagion, the jump from Minimum Security to Hardcore would be pretty intense.

Also, to max all weapons you need 1 and a half playthroughs (almost 2 full) at best, there's no way to get all upgrades in one run. If your Playthrough 1 is on Minimum, then Playthrough 5 on Maximum will have to be a full one. But a careful playthrough 1 on Maximum can make playthrough 5 partial. And believe me, after playing the game 4 full times already you won't want any more of it.

28 minutes ago, ZOLANTON said:

How so? It's best to start straight on Maximum Security. It prepares the ground for Hardcore and Contagion, the jump from Minimum Security to Hardcore would be pretty intense.

Also, to max all weapons you need 1 and a half playthroughs (almost 2 full) at best, there's no way to get all upgrades in one run. If your Playthrough 1 is on Minimum, then Playthrough 5 on Maximum will have to be a full one. But a careful playthrough 1 on Maximum can make playthrough 5 partial. And believe me, after playing the game 4 full times already you won't want any more of it.

It makes sense, thanks for clarification :) I was "scared" about starting directly on Maximum Security but now I totally understand your roadmap (and why 5th playthrough is not the second one too)  ;)

Edited by iSisko87

Currently doing Contagion playthrough and I just reached Chapter 4. That waterslide is definitely gonna set me back. It sucks because Chapter 4 is so long, and after that slide you still have the whole section with the plant facility and the stalker clusterfuck outdoors. Chapter 6 and 8 is gonna suck massively too, even with Two Head bosses cheese. Shame you can't skip the third Two Head fight, the door trick is not 100% safe since I have gotten hit and killed a couple of times doing it on my Hardcore run.

I just can't wait till I can finally delete this game from my memory for good. What a mind-numbing experience, and that's with cutscene skip already available.

On 12/18/2023 at 10:24 AM, MonaSaxPayne said:

jesus this is a lot

I'm going to be sick of this game by the time I get around to it

It is way better than v1.0. People now are lucky enough to not get swarmed if you encountered multiple enemies due to the A.I. changes/rework. The game is still not perfect, but it is way better than what it was originally. It is mediocre at best, but not awful.

12 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

Currently doing Contagion playthrough and I just reached Chapter 4. That waterslide is definitely gonna set me back. It sucks because Chapter 4 is so long, and after that slide you still have the whole section with the plant facility and the stalker clusterfuck outdoors. Chapter 6 and 8 is gonna suck massively too, even with Two Head bosses cheese. Shame you can't skip the third Two Head fight, the door trick is not 100% safe since I have gotten hit and killed a couple of times doing it on my Hardcore run.

I just can't wait till I can finally delete this game from my memory for good. What a mind-numbing experience, and that's with cutscene skip already available.

It what comes after the Waterslide that sucks, not before. I was surprised that the Slide did not cause me any trouble, but the enemies prior to the next chapter are the real test as it can get ugly really fast due to the amount of enemies. My advice when you get to the area before you meet ol'boy, take out the Spitter first, then throw a few off the edge. 

You can skip the first fight, but the second fight only took me a few tries. The enemies do not hit as hard as when you play on Hardcore mode, but the fight is bullsh*t regardless. If you can, upgrade the Shotgun to max and abuse the Alt fire on Two-Head and if an enemy does spawn, then kill him first, then focus Two-Head. Always backup your saves as in case of a death, though, I would assume you've been doing that already? 

On 12/22/2023 at 1:57 AM, PostGameBlues said:

I am at the beginning of chapter 8 (no death no back up save) on Contagion.

Chapter 4 was the hardest because too long and the water slide was stressful BUT the enemies after are ok once you have the proper method. The 4 ubers in the corridor do not OS, unlike Hard mode so you are allowed to get hit once. For the robot, there is a spot on the left where he can never hit you, you know he will fire after you shoot him 3 times so you can cover up easily. For the critters coming after, I followed Opti's method, I don't think you can even die here. In hard mode I got hit in the back and didn't even die. Most of the times, if you just use the telekinesis on a critter, it follows a scripted path and never seems to attack again. Then, for the final area, you can just run to the end, dodging 1 or 2 times if necessary (careful there is fan against the right wall).

The hardest part of chapter 5 is the arena with 4 critters in the snow but I found out even if you throw a canister at close range, you don't even die (I am not sure you take damage actually from the explosion).

And for chapter 6, when you have to sneak to get the Keycard, I just go right at the beginning to stab 4/5 blind enemies and the path is clear, for the rest sticking to the right side is a safe way. Like Opti said, with 4 batteries, the last battle is easy and you can cheese the 2 head.