How Achievable

I just wanted to get peoples opinions on this platinum, I know it's slightly easier on vita and also slightly more easy with the bonus dlc but how hard is it?

Would like to hear about the platinum, peoples experiences and even the gameplay in general.

• Like 1

It's a very hard plat. It's less than 2% for very good reason.

It's a fun game, but to plat it you need to be an absolute master of the game, as well as get kind of lucky. Getting every star in the game is no joke and neither is coming in 1st on expert for every grand prix. There's no trick to them, you just have to be good enough at the game. Which you can only do by playing the game constantly.

Then there's the trophies like Buzz Bomber where you have to hit 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place with a Swarm attack. You just have to get lucky and hope you hit all three when you happen to get a swarm. Then there's the ever popular Triple-star license trophy. To get it, you basically have to get all the other trophies as well as max every character.

Also, I'd say the Vita version is actually harder, because the Team Sonic trophy can't be done by just hooking up extra controllers and asking a random friend to help you.

The only reason it's easier with the DLC is because of a glitch that let's you get Yokozuna by just beating the last stage's expert ghost, and because there's 8 more ghosts to help you get to triple-star easier, as well as the characters to max to help you get to triple-star easier.

The only reason the PS3 version might be considered harder, is because you have to play a local game with 4 players, which you obviously need 4 controllers for.

Yeah it's pretty tough. I have the Vita platinum. You have to learn how to drift well and memorize the tracks. You also have to do all the levels in mirror so you have to re-learn every track. I have heard the PS3 version is actually easier because if you have four controllers you can take out 3 CPUs by letting the controllers idle

Edited by skateak

Honestly, this game is far from easy to platinum.  It is one of my proudest easily.  I will also say that its difficulty is matched by its quality, in that the game is incredible, and I was VERY sceptical before purchasing it, just on face value alone it looked like it could grow quite tiresome.  I absolutely loved this game, though be warned I was stuck on 98% for a long time purely for Team Sonic, but that's more complicated to organise than difficult.

I had to take advantage of the Yokozuna glitch unfortunately, and as for DLC, you get Metal Sonic whose stats will give you an edge, and because of his inclusion the road to "100% completion" drops down a little, which towards the end goes a long way.

Be wary of Traffic Attack, there was one where I just had to have help from a buddy, but despite the learning curve once you are accustomed to the game you should have a blast.  It is one of the few games I will still boot up after platinum.

Drifting mechanics feel flawless, and aside from accelerate it is your most trusted ally so never underestimate it.

Hope this helped.  It's difficult to say if you'll like it because I can't know your tastes, but personally I had cautiously optimistic expectations and I loved it - it got me through second year of uni.

• Like 1

Honestly, this game is far from easy to platinum.  It is one of my proudest easily.  I will also say that its difficulty is matched by its quality, in that the game is incredible, and I was VERY sceptical before purchasing it, just on face value alone it looked like it could grow quite tiresome.  I absolutely loved this game, though be warned I was stuck on 98% for a long time purely for Team Sonic, but that's more complicated to organise than difficult.

I had to take advantage of the Yokozuna glitch unfortunately, and as for DLC, you get Metal Sonic whose stats will give you an edge, and because of his inclusion the road to "100% completion" drops down a little, which towards the end goes a long way.

Be wary of Traffic Attack, there was one where I just had to have help from a buddy, but despite the learning curve once you are accustomed to the game you should have a blast.  It is one of the few games I will still boot up after platinum.

Drifting mechanics feel flawless, and aside from accelerate it is your most trusted ally so never underestimate it.

Hope this helped.  It's difficult to say if you'll like it because I can't know your tastes, but personally I had cautiously optimistic expectations and I loved it - it got me through second year of uni.

Thanks really helpful reply, I'm thinking of booting it up and having it as a longer term platinum project...

Appreciate the other replys too.

In my personal experience (between both versions), the hardest thing will be getting the Triple Star License. The courses will take practice but they're not impossible. Of course, if you don't have the DLC the game gets a lot harder but it saves you having to beat every Expert Course, Yokuzuna is infinitely easier, and you don't need to unlock every Mod for every racer. It's still a bit of a grind but definitely do-able. Good luck to you!

How does it to compare to other racers like Wipeout HD?

This is a karting game, it can't be hard since it requires no skill ( ¬‿¬)

Seriously, wipeout 2048 is just in another league (and it's much easier than HD/Fury).

The hardest thing is time attacks. Some times are really ridiculous and were beaten by like 1-2 people. However trophy for beating them all is glitched (you don't need DLC). For triple star license I had to beat about 15 (out of 40, half of them are the same - mirrored).

Then there's the ever popular Triple-star license trophy. To get it, you basically have to get all the other trophies as well as max every character.

Oh, yeah.

Also, I'd say the Vita version is actually harder, because the Team Sonic trophy can't be done by just hooking up extra controllers and asking a random friend to help you.

How boosting can be hard? Check boosting section, there will be one with 4 players soon. Edited by vivan

Seriously, wipeout 2048 is just in another league (and it's much easier than HD/Fury).

The hardest thing is time attacks. Some times are really ridiculous and were beaten by like 1-2 people. However trophy for beating them all is glitched (you don't need DLC). For triple star license I had to beat about 15 (out of 40, half of them are the same - mirrored).

Oh, yeah.

How boosting can be hard? Check boosting section, there will be one with 4 players soon.

I got the bonus code when downloading, will this reduce the difficulty? Is it just the metal sonic is a good character? 

I got the bonus code when downloading, will this reduce the difficulty? Is it just the metal sonic is a good character? 

It just raises the max percentage of completion to 110% I think. It makes it easier to get to 100% because you have the extra track for time trials and mods for Metal Sonic. It also makes it to where you don't need to beat every staff ghost like Yokozuna describes. I personally didn't use Metal Sonic at all. Got the plat using Sonic, besides grinding out mods. 

Edited by skateak

While he's a good character - it doesn't really make any difference. All characters are more or less the same, there's no "day and night difference" like between Pir-hana Speed and AG Systems Agility.

Also it does increase completion cap to 110%, which theoretically should make things easier... However comparing my stats (above) to other people stats (with DLC) makes me think that it does the opposite.

It also makes it to where you don't need to beat every staff ghost

That glitch works even without DLC. Edited by vivan
  • Like 1

While he's a good character - it doesn't really make any difference. All characters are more or less the same, there's no "day and night difference" like between Pir-hana Speed and AG Systems Agility.

Also it does increase completion cap to 110%, which theoretically should make things easier... However comparing my stats (above) to other people stats (with DLC) makes me think that it does the opposite.

If you're given more content in order to reach 100% more easily how does it make it harder?

Well i'm sure i'll be fine as the Single player for 2048 is duper easy. HD/Fury isn't even that hard tbh. im sure any scrub here could manage it. 

I have the platinum and it's really hard but achievable. There are a few races/events that will make you want to give up but it's possible. Beating the time trials is easy with Yokuzana glitch but you will need to beat more to get triple star license. Getting the triple star license is the hardest trophy but only because you have to level characters after doing everything else. Getting Team Sonic is easy with boosting sessions. Getting first in the events on expert will come gradually and eventually it will be doable. Good luck, it's not easy. 

Well i'm sure i'll be fine as the Single player for 2048 is duper easy. HD/Fury isn't even that hard tbh. im sure any scrub here could manage it. 

I have to say I didn't have much trouble with trophies in 2048 feeling difficult, I'd say this game is quite a bit harder.

• 7 months later...

This game has 2 sides.

1) Great game, lots of fun! Deff recommend it!

2) Horrible to get more then 50-60% of the trophies, just painfull. Involves lots of skill, time, luck and repetative tasks.

Still recommend it tough, but i dont really "Care" about plats myself, just try to play the game, have fun, and plat anything that is fun to plat ^.^

• 1 year later...