Hey guys! What’s the most broken buggy trophy list you ever got the platinum on?

So recently I’ve stumbled into a couple of games I’m waiting on a patch to fix now unobtainable trophy’s due to patches breaking the trophies. It got me thinking how manny other people have had this problem and if there is worse case scenarios that ultimately though led to the platinum 

what the most broken trophy list you got the platinum on?

also HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

Anodyne has a bug that prevents you from earning more than one trophy per game session. So, if you get the trophy for getting the broom (first weapon, first thing you do) and then beat the first boss without closing the game, you won't get the trophy and will have to start a new game. Very absurd bug that has never been fixed and I gave up on the game because of it. 

Sorry this doesn't fit the format of the topic, it was just the first thing that came to mind. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

PUBG I think is the most "consistently" buggy plat I've got, in the sense that just about everyone I've seen that has the plat has also reported various trophies giving them trouble. Specifically the thousand kills. I was over 1,300 by the time it finally popped for me. Another friend swears she had over 2,000 and it never popped for her. 

On a personal level though, Borderlands 3 was the worst. The trophy for visiting every map area was bugged/glitched for me. Thankfully, my particular issue was eventually patched and it popped as soon as I loaded the game up with Krieg's Fustercluck DLC. But I ran through every planet and traversed every zone, with a guide, literally four times before that happened, and it really killed the experience in the end. 

• Like 3

dominion from call of duty infinite warfare

its supposed to pop after winning 5 online matches

for me personally it popped after winning 12 matches, but that number varies wildly

some people didn't even get the trophy to pop until winning HUNDREDS of matches

@Jerry_Appleby

I have a few that come to mind.

Airoheart has a particularly irksome bug, where if multiple trophies should unlock at the same time, they don’t…

…so for example… the platinum…

…meaning I had to do a full new play through just to get it.

Twin Robots is glitchy and buggy as hell with regards to the trophies… though in fairness, it seems to generally bug in the player’s favour - giving trophies when it shouldn’t, rather than the other way around.

Without a doubt though, the most trophy-busted game I’ve ever finished was actually the one I finally popped the plat on this morning:

Tintin Reporter: Cigars of the Pharaoh

The trophies in this are an absolute mess - in both directions.

Both collectible trophies popped early - there are two collectibles tracked, and both popped with around half the associated collectibles found.

Multiple story trophies are busted for some people (though I was fortunate with those myself)

Each “do this perfectly” trophy for different sections is busted - some can pop despite failing multiple times, others will not unlock unless you replay from AAAAGESSS before the associated section, and get it ALL perfect... which is a pain, since the game routinely screws up it’s npc pathing, forcing restarts.

One trophy - for doing a plane flying section - must be done perfectly… but to work, the player has to replay it from the previous chapter… and there is a bug where playing that plane section from the previous section often simply kills the player immediately as the plane part starts. 🤨

In the worst case, for the last “do this perfectly” section, replaying it from ANY point didn’t work, and I had to delete all save data, delete the game, reinstall, and play the entire game up to that point, without pausing, stopping or failing ANYTHING… just to get what should be a simple trophy to register and pop.

As both a Tintin fan and a trophy fan…

it was….
dispiriting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

for me personally it popped after winning 12 matches, but that number varies wildly

@Jerry_Appleby

I can't say I've played IW just to get this trophy, I simply enjoyed MP enough to have played over 600 games and the trophy didn't unlock for me. Had to beg someone from Asia's region to invite me to a game and it popped. 

Until You Fall, my rarest plat. It's a rougelike VR game which is very fun, but many of the trophies are glitched and require you do most of them in one play session without turning off the console or putting it in rest mode. Only 18 people have the plat. 

It's also really hard, burned a lot of calories playing that lol 

Edited by psycho_clank314

9 hours ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

@Jerry_Appleby

Yeah it took me 638 games...

But another one that really frustrated me was from Oddworld Munch's Oddysee. There's a trophy for beating the game without growing any plants, which I accomplished on 7 different runs and it still didn't pop. That frustrated me way more than Dominion did! I eventually got it half a year later when it was patched, but that game made me hate the Oddworld series! At least I enjoyed the MP in IW.

8 hours ago, MaritusUltrices said:

Mafia 3, had to do 8 full playthroughs. Very glitchy game. I did enjoy it, so wasn't too stressful. 

8 is insane, good lord. I'm glad you kept your spirits up the whole way, I would be in the dirt by 6

• Like 2