Would this work to get the plat?

So we all know the career mode trophy is bugged. We've all played the digital version since it was free.

If we have completed the career and didn't get the trophy, do you think we could use the physical version to pop it?

I'm wondering if we don't update the game, the trophy might pop when starting the game up? Has anyone tried this?

It has been weeks now so I can't be bothered waiting. Who knows if/when it will be fixed.

• Like 1

good point me and my bud was on about this the other week the only thing is if you dont up date the disk copy of them game i dont think you can use your save file from the free copy  on plus ? i might be wrong but as the save file has the up date on it i think you would have to start all over again and some of them levels in solo take so long exp last level lol

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JEDI_X_WING said:

good point me and my bud was on about this the other week the only thing is if you dont up date the disk copy of them game i dont think you can use your save file from the free copy  on plus ? i might be wrong but as the save file has the up date on it i think you would have to start all over again and some of them levels in solo take so long exp last level lol

Yeah that's what I was thinking might be the hurdle too. I'm definitely not playing through the game again anyway lol.

20 minutes ago, JEDI_X_WING said:

You're 100% correct. 

If you wanted to use the disc version without the update, you would need to start the game all over again. 

Cannot use a save from a newer update version. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Azure Kite said:

You're 100% correct. 

If you wanted to use the disc version without the update, you would need to start the game all over again. 

Cannot use a save from a newer update version. 

Damn it. Thanks for clarifying.

19 minutes ago, WeeJ87 said:

I havnt played this game, does it have autopop trophies! Maybe you could unlock trophy on ps4 version then autopop it on ps5 version if that possible?

I'm assuming from this that the ps4 version doesn't have the problem and is fine to platinum?

15 minutes ago, IcySeaSurfer said:

I'm assuming from this that the ps4 version doesn't have the problem and is fine to platinum?

Wrong, the Plat is bugged in all versions of the game. Also, the devs have confirmed they are working on a fix, plus the Switch version is supposed to be getting patched today so it's likely, if true, that we will also get that update soon as well. PS: The devs only found out about this glitch just before Christmas when everyone broke up for the holidays so at most, they have been working on a fix for a fortnight at this point.

35 minutes ago, WeeJ87 said:

I havnt played this game, does it have autopop trophies! Maybe you could unlock trophy on ps4 version then autopop it on ps5 version if that possible?

There's no cross-save or auto-pop for this game, you have to do both stacks from scratch.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

25 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Wrong, the Plat is bugged in all versions of the game. Also, the devs have confirmed they are working on a fix, plus the Switch version is supposed to be getting patched today so it's likely, if true, that we will also get that update soon as well. PS: The devs only found out about this glitch just before Christmas when everyone broke up for the holidays so at most, they have been working on a fix for a fortnight at this point.

There's no cross-save or auto-pop for this game, you have to do both stacks from scratch.

Orite thats a shame 

39 minutes ago, IcySeaSurfer said:

Sorry i was only thinking of something that maybe could of worked for you guys/gals 👍

when i got the platinum I played on the newest version and then got my save file and put it onto my brother's console that had not updated the game and the platinum unlocked at the title screen so I know it works from one version back don't know about physical copy

3 hours ago, toddgamerpro said:

when i got the platinum I played on the newest version and then got my save file and put it onto my brother's console that had not updated the game and the platinum unlocked at the title screen so I know it works from one version back don't know about physical copy

That sounds like cheating... 👀

42 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

That sounds like cheating... 👀

In what way? You're allowed to have more than 1 console and you're allowed to upload and download your save. You're also allowed to use older versions of a game by downgrading your patch to any version you want. All they did was switch console because it already had the previous version on it. He said he used his own save, but if he somehow used his brothers save by altering it with external software, then that is cheating.

Edit: Just read that new saves won't work on older versions. But if it popped at title screen, then maybe it works without loading the save? Or at least maybe just the previous patch pops it doing this and not the physical base patch? More than one person would need to try this to confirm.

Edited by Riiszk
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Riiszk said:

In what way? You're allowed to have more than 1 console and you're allowed to upload and download your save. You're also allowed to use older versions of a game by downgrading your patch to any version you want. All they did was switch console because it already had the previous version on it. He said he used his own save, but if he somehow used his brothers save by altering it with external software, then that is cheating.

But if he already unlocked the platinum, and transferred the save file to a different console, how did the platinum unlock a second time?

Edited by BIOHAZARD-R-US
clarification

26 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

But if he already unlocked the platinum, and transferred the save file to a different console, how did the platinum unlock a second time?

He never said it unlocked twice.

He said it only unlocked after transferring his save over to another console with an older version on it.

18 hours ago, toddgamerpro said:

when i got the platinum I played on the newest version and then got my save file and put it onto my brother's console that had not updated the game and the platinum unlocked at the title screen

31 minutes ago, Ancestral_Spirit said:

He never said it unlocked twice.

He said it only unlocked after transferring his save over to another console with an older version on it.

I don't understand how this isn't unlocking twice? He says he got the platinum, transferred his save file onto his brother's console which had the game installed without updates (or maybe older version), and the platinum unlocked at the title screen on his brother's console.

The only thing I can think of is that the platinum was unlocking locally, but I'm not entirely sure how all that works on PS4/PS5 as mine have always been connected

6 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

I don't understand how this isn't unlocking twice? He says he got the platinum, transferred his save file onto his brother's console which had the game installed without updates (or maybe older version), and the platinum unlocked at the title screen on his brother's console.

The only thing I can think of is that the platinum was unlocking locally, but I'm not entirely sure how all that works on PS4/PS5 as mine have always been connected

The trophies aren't unlocking twice, just once. You copy the saves over to the console with the older version of the game on it (after recreating your account on it), boot up the game, then the bugged trophy pops on the main menu once the game has a chance to read what's there, provided you met the requirements before copying over the saves.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

26 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The trophies aren't unlocking twice, just once. You copy the saves over to the console with the older version of the game on it (after recreating your account on it), boot up the game, then the bugged trophy pops on the main menu once the game has a chance to read what's there, provided you met the requirements before copying over the saves.

So that is a local trophy unlock, then? If you recreate and sign in on the new console onto your own account that unlocked the platinum with the updated game version on the other console, the account still has the trophy unlocked and (I would assume synced to PSN). I think I'm just seriously not understanding how it's only unlocking once, especially if it's the same account (which wasn't stated, btw)

Lol, I think I know where the confusion is coming from... 

18 hours ago, toddgamerpro said:

when i got the platinum,

I played on the newest version and then got my save file and put it onto my brother's console that had not updated the game and the platinum unlocked at the title screen

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

So that is a local trophy unlock, then? If you recreate and sign in on the new console onto your own account that unlocked the platinum with the updated game version on the other console, the account still has the trophy unlocked and (I would assume synced to PSN). I think I'm just seriously not understanding how it's only unlocking once, especially if it's the same account (which wasn't stated, btw)

1: Complete the requirements for this trophy in the patched version of the game but the trophy won't pop because it's bugged at the moment.

2: Borrow a friend's console that has a copy of the game without the 1.11 patch installed.

3: Recreate your account, then copy over your saves.

4: Boot up the game, then the trophy will pop on the main menu after the game has read your saves and seen you should have unlocked the trophy but didn't.

If you still don't get it, then I'm stumped and can't simplify the explanation any further 😐.

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

1: Complete the requirements for this trophy in the patched version of the game but the trophy won't pop because it's bugged at the moment.

2: Borrow a friend's console that has a copy of the game without the 1.11 patch installed.

3: Recreate your account, then copy over your saves.

4: Boot up the game, then the trophy will pop on the main menu after the game has read your saves and seen you should have unlocked the trophy but didn't.

If you still don't get it, then I'm stumped and can't simplify the explanation any further 😐.

That does indeed make more sense, however the person whose comment I originally created all this confusion from has the platinum unlocked for both the PS4 (Dec 28, 2023) and PS5 (Jan. 4, 2024). The original wording of the comment states that he got the platinum to unlock, and then transferred his save. It doesn't say it never unlocked, so unless that is what was implied, however looking at the trophy list for the PS5 that doesn't add up. The PS4 list maybe? There was a 7 day gap between the Foretold trophy and the previous one.

5 hours ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

The original wording of the comment states that he got the platinum to unlock, and then transferred his save. It doesn't say it never unlocked

Sorry for starting this, but I think they meant 'when I should've got the platinum on the newest version it didn't pop, so I got my save file and put it on my brothers console'. I assumed you were on the same page and just calling out cheating for no good reason which those accusations I don't particularly like. They used no grammar, capitals or sentences so easily misinterpreted.

We can move on and find a fix hopefully.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Riiszk said:

Sorry for starting this, but I think they meant 'when I should've got the platinum on the newest version it didn't pop, so I got my save file and put it on my brothers console'. I assumed you were on the same page and just calling out cheating for no good reason which those accusations I don't particularly like. They used no grammar, capitals or sentences so easily misinterpreted.

We can move on and find a fix hopefully.

I'd rather get clarification, especially since I'm avoiding playing this game till an update is released, which is why I think I'm hyper fixated on these topics. But that is why I kept mentioning what the original comment stated, because that's al we really had to go off of. Anything else would be assumptions and speculation, to which then I did even offer the plausibility of that exact scenario you stated by mentioning the 7 day gap between Foretold and the previous trophy. I wasn't necessarily calling out cheating, but it did read that way based solely on how the comment was worded, and still wanted to understand more about that process in general as well as not having much knowledge of how to pop trophies locally/offline and delay/avoid syncing them. I do agree this got cleared up a bit more for me. I guess we can wait till the inevitable @HuntingFever announcement tat the game has been fixed, since they've got all the insider knowledge more than Channel 6 news.

spacer.png

• Haha 2

Sorry about the confusion I have caused I'm not good with writing down sentences but all I did was I play on version 1.10 for the majority of the game and then updated to version 1.11 for the PS4 the trophy did not unlock from completing the last level so I grab my save file and put it onto my brothers console that still was update 1.10 and it read the save file an unlocked the trophy at the title screen and for the PS5 version I just never updated the game cause I saw it was glitched downloaded the game the day it was available on PlayStation Plus which happened to be version 1.10 ps4  version 1.09 ps5.

for the time difference I was planning on getting sekiro shadows die twice as my 600 platinum

I think went back to the game to get last trophies I hadn't earned for the platinum 

@Riiszk @BIOHAZARD-R-US 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...