NRL 2024 Season

PHIL_DADDY1

Let's try and get a thread up about my favourite sport - rugby league. I see there hasn't been an NRL thread since 2013.

I'm an Australian, from Sydney, and despite all their recent failures, I am a Canterbury Bulldogs supporter. We've had some shocking past few seasons, but hopefully we can make a top 8 this year (maybe)!

Any other Aussies or Kiwis up for some footy banter...???

Calling out to the guys in the 2013 thread - @CptCookieMonsta_ @SkuxxyBoy @Brenden @Jc_Nz @Simpo 

nrl logobadge.svg?bust=202311160313

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Doogey23 said:

my team been Injury prone, but let see how my Eagles will do with the first game being played in America let see how Americans react to this sport.

You need the Trbojevic's to be healthy!

I think the American's would find us throwing the ball backwards counter intuitive...

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 5:21 PM, PHIL_DADDY1 said:

You need the Trbojevic's to be healthy!

I think the American's would find us throwing the ball backwards counter intuitive...

Ture and the scrum will make no clue to them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BlackCatBurrito said:

What's the chance Dogs make the 8 this year? 50/50? My dad is a Dogs supporter so I try to like them but they've been hard to watch. 

I'm a Roosters man, we're going top 4 this year & everyone is going to be mad about it. That's my prediction. 

Even giving them a 50% chance at top 8 is generous. They really need to cement their halves, to be any chance. Forward pack is big enough to cause damage, but they just need direction.

Please don't tell me you're a Roosters fan from THE AREA @BlackCatBurrito???

Edited by PHIL_DADDY1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2024 at 5:03 PM, Doogey23 said:

with the first game being played in America let see how Americans react to this sport.

Players have touched down in Vegas. Now let's wait for the preseason debauchery they get up to in Sin City...

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/14/2024 at 2:56 PM, PHIL_DADDY1 said:

I'm going to the Sharks v Bulldogs game tomorrow - I'm a glutton for punishment, but at least it's a quick walk home...

Ugh! Not a good start to the weekend...

• 2 weeks later...