Hi-Fi RUSH coming to PS5 on March 19, and will be getting a physical release from LRG

Abby_TheLastofUs

On 3/4/2024 at 5:17 PM, Veritas7Ax said:

Would 20k gears to start trivialize the game completely? Is it just a tiny extra boost to get started? Anyone able to weigh in, would appreciate it.

Very much a tiny extra boost to get you started, and even then barely tbh lol. Early combo strings cost like 4k to 7k to unlock, later ones cost around 15k. And I believe you use gears to buy/upgrade passive skills as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ZenaxPure said:

Very much a tiny extra boost to get you started, and even then barely tbh lol. Early combo strings cost like 4k to 7k to unlock, later ones cost around 15k. And I believe you use gears to buy/upgrade passive skills as well.

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know. So I think I'll probably go for the Digital Deluxe Edition then. Can't wait to play it!

21 minutes ago, BlackCatLucifer said:

I was hoping you guys were joking with the 10/10 difficulty. I’m probably not getting the game then. Sucks, it looks nice.

By the looks of your profile you're not really bothering neither with platinuming everything you play nor with the overall completion %. Why wouldn't you play something they looks nice? Especially at 30$.

25 minutes ago, BlackCatLucifer said:

I was hoping you guys were joking with the 10/10 difficulty. I’m probably not getting the game then. Sucks, it looks nice.

The game is not 10/10 difficulty, it's just the trophies that arguably are. I suck at rhythm games so I  played the game on Easy difficulty on Xbox and had a great time. If you think it looks fun, just play the game on a secondary account if you can't stand the thought of having a 100% completed game on your profile. 

12 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

By the looks of your profile you're not really bothering neither with platinuming everything you play nor with the overall completion %. Why wouldn't you play something they looks nice? Especially at 30$.

Yeah you are absolutely right and that’s exactly why, I don’t want to buy another game just to give up on it after a few hours. I have streaks where I get excited, buy a bunch of games and say to myself “I’ll git gud this time”. And I never do. So I put in place a personal rule recently that I will only buy games that I’ll actually platinum. I was hoping this will be one of them. 

14 minutes ago, iriihutoR84 said:

The game is not 10/10 difficulty, it's just the trophies that arguably are. I suck at rhythm games so I  played the game on Easy difficulty on Xbox and had a great time. If you think it looks fun, just play the game on a secondary account if you can't stand the thought of having a 100% completed game on your profile. 

Not having a 100% completion is not a problem for me, I just don’t want to keep spending money on games at release I’ll get frustrated with and abandon. Then they sit in my backlog forever. It’s a personal flaw I’m working on.

On 3/11/2024 at 10:02 AM, BlackCatLucifer said:

Yeah you are absolutely right and that’s exactly why, I don’t want to buy another game just to give up on it after a few hours.

Eh, action games like this are not ones you typically give up on in a few hours. The games are very forgiving with lots of checkpoints and such.

Even if we're just talking trophies the only reason this game gets a 10/10 difficulty from people is due to Wall of Fame. The rest of the list is really not that big of a deal.