Hi-Fi RUSH coming to PS5 on March 19, and will be getting a physical release from LRG

Abby_TheLastofUs

One of the best games ever made
And yeah, I was one of the first people to 100% it back when it launched and it's a 10/10 difficulty, and also quite time consuming, around 50-60h because difficulties don't stack, I don't know if I'll be able to plat it, it has been a long time since I played it 😕

Edit: BTW I really recommend not worrying about guides until later on, when I did it there were no guides so finding some of the secrets and stuff was fun, made it feel like the old days where we had to find stuff and report to others about our findings haha

Edited by diogoarez

3 minutes ago, Zephrese said:

Good shit. Surprised it wasn't announced during the Nintendo Direct, but I'll happily pick it up for PS5 regardless.

Technically it hasn't been announced for Nintendo Switch yet, but it's gotta be making it to that platform, right? It would not make any sense if they released Grounded and Pentiment on Switch but not this.

• Like 1

Just now, AngelicaK92 said:

Damn. I bought this for my Series S like two months ago. I love the aesthetic but had no idea this game is a 10/10 difficulty. Interesting. 

Yeah it's insane, you have to 100% complete the entire Hall of Fame and some of those challenges are ridiculously brutal.

Just now, Wagszilla said:

10/10 difficulty? Woof.

The game looks awesome but Cuphead is still on my shelf for a reason.

As someone that 100% both Cuphead and this one on other platforms I would say this one makes Cuphead a walk in the park haha, like don't get me wrong they are both 9 or 10 in difficulty, but some of the requirements here can lead a person to insanity

• Haha 1

As someone who 100% Hi-fi Rush on Steam (on base game), it's not really a 10/10 difficulty. Sure it's hard, but if you master the beats well and cheese some partner combo, you could easily get A or S rank each fight.

Tip for getting better with the beat : use a headset because you could easily follow the soundtrack.

1 minute ago, SlippiThePippi said:

Glad it finally officially got a trailer even if it was released by mistake lol. Gonna be interesting to see that 10/10 difficulty, haven’t seen any Sony first party games near that mark 👀 

Now that you mention it yeah it's really rare we get a super difficult Sony plat, I wonder if they do some testing to make their plats at least enjoyable for all players

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Zephrese said:

Good shit. Surprised it wasn't announced during the Nintendo Direct, but I'll happily pick it up for PS5 regardless.

I think it runs poorly and they haven't managed to fix it in time. You can't have a rhythm based game with unstable performance.

I am hyped. Early 2024 is packed with games.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, diogoarez said:

As someone that 100% both Cuphead and this one on other platforms I would say this one makes Cuphead a walk in the park haha, like don't get me wrong they are both 9 or 10 in difficulty, but some of the requirements here can lead a person to insanity

Oh my. Thanks for the warning. 😅

4 minutes ago, K4yzros said:

As someone who 100% Hi-fi Rush on Steam (on base game), it's not really a 10/10 difficulty. Sure it's hard, but if you master the beats well and cheese some partner combo, you could easily get A or S rank each fight.

Tip for getting better with the beat : use a headset because you could easily follow the soundtrack.

Personally the reason I agree with the 10 is super personal, but I basically can't perceive rhythm, to the point I was doing awful rank wise the first 20h of the game, I basically had to practice for hours each level to memorize the timing in each one of them, around 10-15 hours of practice I finally tackled Rhythm Master and the S Ranks, and surprisingly did them all first try or second try, then I went onto Very Hard, then Hard, etc.
But yeah the amount of practice I had to put in is something I'll never forget, but I'm glad I did it, then again I'm probably not doing the plat, way too much time without playing the game

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, diogoarez said:

One of the best games ever made
And yeah, I was one of the first people to 100% it back when it launched and it's a 10/10 difficulty, and also quite time consuming, around 50-60h because difficulties don't stack, I don't know if I'll be able to plat it, it has been a long time since I played it 😕

Is a playthrough really short then? Cause multiple playthroughs, 10/10 difficulty and only 50h plat time kinda doesn't add up imo 😅

2 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

I think it runs poorly and they haven't managed to fix it in time. You can't have a rhythm based game with unstable performance.

I am hyped. Early 2024 is packed with games.

Hyped for all the 2nd party and indie games this year. Even after the amount of games in 2023, this is shaping up to be another great year :DD

1 minute ago, Dzware said:

Is a playthrough really short then? Cause multiple playthroughs, 10/10 difficulty and only 50h plat time kinda doesn't add up imo 😅

Each playthrough lasted around 4h by the end when I had already mastered the game, it's a short game, but the Hall of Fame challenges can take several hours each

Played the game on Steam. It's excellent, the type of game I can appreciate even though I couldn't get the rythym down.  

I expect Grounded and Pentiment will also be coming soon, since they were in the Nintendo Direct.  Pentiment is very good.  It has a great art style.  The ending was underwhelming, IMO.  Either way, a game worth playing.

• 2 weeks later...

Question for anyone who may have played this game on Xbox before: how "breaking" or not is the 20k gears given in the Digital Deluxe Edition?

The game is relatively cheap considering the release of most new games, with an extra small discount for PS+ subscribers, so $35.99 for the deluxe doesn't sound bad, and I don't mind showing some extra support to the devs. The cosmetics are cool, but it's the 20,000 gears they give you that I'm curious about. This is presumably upgrade currency. But being that I have ZERO context of the game beforehand other than the trailers, I have no idea what 20k means.

Would 20k gears to start trivialize the game completely? Is it just a tiny extra boost to get started? Anyone able to weigh in, would appreciate it.