RPG Mania 2024 - Trails of Final MegaDimension-verse: Echoes of an Alchemists Sceptre/Staff/Book VI

On 4/10/2024 at 4:55 AM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

= 133.58.

Ok, so it wasn't THAT many points! But, in all fairness, I thought the 93% completion would reduce it by 93% so I'm counting this as a big W.

Well it wasn't quite that as you only get the trophies you earned after April, but still 71ish points to start with!

On 4/12/2024 at 4:48 PM, TenebraZero said:

It take almost 4 month of real time to get this platinum no less and u platted this game in a week or so. I don’t think importing saves count on this contest like autopop saves

You are right that this game takes over 100 hours to finish but this was not autopopped. They completed the requirements on their free trial and when paid, the trophies unlocked as if they had been completed.

On 4/13/2024 at 4:38 PM, ProfSeajay7 said:

(1) Do I have to reduce my base score for trophy completion before April? (I don't think I have to as the penalties don't start accuring until your trophy completion hits 10% and I don't think I did enough requirements to earn 'trophies past that point before April 1.)

(2) Does the Most Wanted bonus count for either version of FFXIV?

No you don't have to reduce your base score, you completed the objectives in the game and earned the trophies. It is a very strange loophole, but it applies to Conan Exiles and Ark Survival Evolved in which they have debug menus which greatly speed up trophy earning. Played fully legitimately, the trophies would take hundreds of hours.

The Most Wanted bonus still stands. I considered just using it on the PS5 version but you still have to put in the time and effort to earn the unlocks even if the trophies pop quickly when paying for the subscription. 

This will probably be the only case where this game can seem like it will be completed in hours but actually takes the full term to make it look that way.

On 4/12/2024 at 4:48 PM, TenebraZero said:

Update #1

Dragon’s dogma 2

100(base game) - 15(42% completion) +( 16xB,6xA,2xG) = 40 - 10,20(platinum rarity) + 50(new game)

Total: 164,80

Perfect Mathing!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Still noticed my double/triple games aren't updated and that my first game is not included on the sheet yet

Look again...

43 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Hopefully, the OP's assignment went ok...

It went terribly, but I have one last chance to redeem myself.

In other news, everything is updated.

Apologies for the triple post but I realised there were questions and things to be answered all while updating the spreadsheet.

2/3rds of all competitors have posted a game or points so that is awesome so far.

47 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

It went terribly, but I have one last chance to redeem myself.

In other news, everything is updated.

Everyone likes a good Redemption Arc. Both in RPGs and in real life. :)

Thanks for updating. I didn't mean to be a nag or anything. I just noticed it hadn't been updated in over a month. Appreciate the quick response!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Update #3

Arcade Archives: The Tower of Druaga: 75+19-46.77= 47.23

There's only one other RPG that I know of with even less trophies than this and it's River City Ransom. But if anyone has any other recommendations, I'm looking for more small lists like this.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio
  • Like 3

Update 4:

I finished this a little while ago but just got around to posting.

Mass Effect Andromeda: 100 (Base) + (2xG, 5xS, 48xB) = 70 (trophy points) -5.3 (plat rarity) -0 (0% completion) x3 Point Game +50 Series Sacker = 544.1

• Like 4

I have a lot of RPGs that I started for Kill Your Completion so I will have plenty of updates in the coming months. Just started a one-off session with Final Fantasy VIII so that's on the bucket list along with Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention(which I played on the Vita while away from the house the past few days attending a charity event) and soon Final Fantasy XII and Dark Cloud 2 will be joining the list. :lol:

Here are the RPGs I have to clean up this year or maybe next:

1. Secret of Mana
  2. Trials of Mana
  3. Legend of Mana
  4. Nexomon: Extinction
  5. Chrono Cross
  6. Dragon Quest XI S
  7. Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
  8. Final Fantasy VIII
  9. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (will start in three days)
  10. Dark Cloud
  11. Dark Cloud 2 (will start on the 28th)
  12. Hogwarts Legacy
  13. World of Final Fantasy

On 5/27/2024 at 12:32 PM, Caju_94 said:

After the announcement that Indivisible leaving PS Plus

I just downloaded it and now I have to pay for it. :angry:

To be fair, I was only picking it up to complete a list of games that were part of the RPG Limit Break charity event. When does my download not matter anymore for this game? :(

1 hour ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

I just downloaded it and now I have to pay for it. :angry:

To be fair, I was only picking it up to complete a list of games that were part of the RPG Limit Break charity event. When does my download not matter anymore for this game? :(

But Indivisible will only leave the PS Plus 18th June, how come you are not managing to play it? 

I hate trophies whose unlock conditions are "play this game for X hours" when "X" is a much larger figure than it takes to otherwise complete everything there is to do in the game.  My poor console, being left for lengthy periods of time while I'm idling my current project ad infinitum and ad absurdum.

And I'm nowhere close to "X" for this project.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Caju_94 said:

But Indivisible will only leave the PS Plus 18th June, how come you are not managing to play it? 

Four words, Caju. Summer. Backlog. 2024.

Oh gawd, I am being Phil from Disney's Hercules. Sorry, that's three words. <_<

I guess the fourth word is FFXIV. I have to do a lot of catch up to get ready for Dawntrail when it drops on the 28th for me(I pre-ordered the expansion), and I have ten games I have to grind through so I can get at least four platinums in June.

I'm not saying I won't chek Indivisible out, but I probably won't play much of it before it drops from PS+.

3 hours ago, acasser said:

I hate trophies whose unlock conditions are "play this game for X hours" when "X" is a much larger figure than it takes to otherwise complete everything there is to do in the game.  My poor console, being left for lengthy periods of time while I'm idling my current project ad infinitum and ad absurdum.

And I'm nowhere close to "X" for this project.

It could be worse. It could be that trophy in The Stanley Parable which requires you to not even boot up the game for TEN FULL YEARS OF LIFE. :lol:

Edited by ProfSeajay7

The 2023 thread has been closed so I can't comment on the latest events in that thread, but I feel like just leaving it be would be wrong. So there was added a game retrospectively (Crystal Defenders) which is not eligible by any means as it is not listed on any of the three sites as RPG and it was the turning tide in winning. As pointed out, fun comes first and I agree with that, but why even have rules in place when they can be amended at free will and in this special case it just leaves a very bad taste. I completed the game myself, last year even, and didn't rightfully submit it as it is a pure tower defence game with Final Fantasy monsters. This hasn't been the first time something has been submitted and accepted that wasn't eligible by the rules, but this special case with adding it one and a half month after the end of the event and just closing it down seems like favouritism. I could now submit my other completed games for this year and see what sticks, but to be honest, I don't feel like supporting the RPG Mania event anymore. I will not submit any completed RPGs anymore, so you might as well remove me from the event. Thanks.

• Like 2

I said my piece in the other thread and well just like apple I will also be asked to be removed from the event. But you know one thing i will say is a phrase that come to mind after recent events and that is: "Silence speaks louder then words". With that I wish everyone remaining good luck in the competition and I bid you adieu.