I am in a problem

I am doing 100% with this guide https://www.powerpyx.com/persona-3-reload-100-walkthrough/

but I reach to a problem that I need to and the guide expect me to do 

8/3 Monday

Daytime
Hang out with Maiko. (Any, Any) (Hanged Man Rank 7)

And the game tell me I don't think will grow a bond together and that mean I can't level up at all, I did everthing right and I don't know how to proceed and what to do instead , and I looked

in the rewind option and I can't go very far the maximum in 7/29 and I don't have a backup save,

what to do?

If the game tells you that your bond doesn't seem like it'll get closer, you just need to hang out with the person to increase affinity to rank up the next time. 

You're not always gonna rank up every time you meet a Social Link, there will be times when you have to hang out, maybe pick a choice during a dialog if it happens (3 music note answers are best). Having Personas with the same Arcana to your Social Links will also help with affinity.

And you should really have multiple backup saves. It's a Jrpg after all, lol.

Edited by Bittersweet
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sun_emperor1 said:

Did you make sure to have a Persona that matches the arcana of the social link's you're doing?

Yes, I have the persona I need

51 minutes ago, Bittersweet said:

If the game tells you that your bond doesn't seem like it'll get closer, you just need to hang out with the person to increase affinity to rank up the next time. 

You're not always gonna rank up every time you meet a Social Link, there will be times when you have to hang out, maybe pick a choice during a dialog if it happens (3 star answers are best). Having Personas with the same Arcana to your Social Links will also help with affinity.

And you should really have multiple backup saves. It's a Jrpg after all, lol.

but what I do with the 100% run? I hope this mistake will not cost me that run, and I follow the guide 1:1 and this happend.

45 minutes ago, SilverSurfer9880 said:

but what I do with the 100% run? I hope this mistake will not cost me that run, and I follow the guide 1:1 and this happend.

I'm currently playing this game, but I'm not using a guide.

I'm in the middle of August; I hung out with Maiko at Rank 7 a few days ago from in game's timetable and she's contacted me at 8/22 for a Rank Up opportunity.

Seriously, you just have to spend time with her. You still have in game months to go, by December for a safe bet, to complete Social Links.

• Like 1

You must have made a mistake somewhere. If you say option 2 then option 1 in her rank 6 event with a hanged man persona then the next time you speak to her it should start her rank 7. So either you said an wrong option or forgot to bring a HM.

But there are tons of free days near the end of the game. Just replace her rank 7 event with her rank 6 event and max her out December/January.

• Like 1

I had to got back like in May after Fuuka join cause I suppose I didn't hit the bond enough with the Hanged the little at the shrine on my 1st play through now it's the Magician that I completely did the Hangout not and not lvl him up I would have just spend with a different social link I would try this method just save up like all slot writing down somewhere so don't forget I did this method on persona 5.

• 1 month later...
On 3/6/2024 at 8:32 AM, SilverSurfer9880 said:

I am doing 100% with this guide https://www.powerpyx.com/persona-3-reload-100-walkthrough/

but I reach to a problem that I need to and the guide expect me to do 

8/3 Monday

Daytime
Hang out with Maiko. (Any, Any) (Hanged Man Rank 7)

And the game tell me I don't think will grow a bond together and that mean I can't level up at all, I did everthing right and I don't know how to proceed and what to do instead , and I looked

in the rewind option and I can't go very far the maximum in 7/29 and I don't have a backup save,

what to do?

It's actually very common for something like this to happen. Rest assured, just keep on playing the game according to the guide. If you happen to be missing a level or two in any of the social links, near end game the guide has written A LOT of additional free days where you can just do whatever you want. use those days near the end of the game (December / January) to level up those social links where you might have been behind.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, CosmoWolf_ said:

just commenting to say that powerpyx guide is terrible and full of holes.

this one is the best one I've seen and it even has persona fusion guides as you play

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/xbox-series-x/409940-persona-3-reload/faqs/81159/introduction

They removed comments on it didn't they, which makes you wonder...

There is one here now by the way if you wasn't aware, was published a few weeks back!

Edited by Optinooby

It happened to me as well and what I do, I usually swamp with someone or focus on raising affinity with that person. The guide will give you plenty of time towards the end so if something doesn't go according to the guide, don't panic. 

51 minutes ago, SpongeBewbs00 said:

The best creator of all time, thanks optinooby!!

The credit for the Awesomely detailed guide here goes to others mate, no input at all from me ;)

2 hours ago, CosmoWolf_ said:

just commenting to say that powerpyx guide is terrible and full of holes.

this one is the best one I've seen and it even has persona fusion guides as you play

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/xbox-series-x/409940-persona-3-reload/faqs/81159/introduction

Create a guide yourself before calling a guide terrible. 

It‘s easy to say a guide is not good with months of info gathering, try creating a guide with no community knowledge. 
I can tell you surely a dozen of cases where people where too lazy to find out of stuff themselves, took info from us and pretended like our guides suck. 

Also 3 people were playing the game hours/a few days after the guide was created and got everything done in a single run… but yeah… guide sucks. 

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2024 at 12:31 PM, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Create a guide yourself before calling a guide terrible. 

It‘s easy to say a guide is not good with months of info gathering, try creating a guide with no community knowledge. 
I can tell you surely a dozen of cases where people where too lazy to find out of stuff themselves, took info from us and pretended like our guides suck. 

Also 3 people were playing the game hours/a few days after the guide was created and got everything done in a single run… but yeah… guide sucks. 

alright then I'll rephrase: sucks in comparison to the one I linked which has tonnes more important information. Compare something as early as the first proper Tartarus trip and the PP one really doesn't help at all considering how little SP you will start off with and they tell you no tips on how to conserve that to make it to floor 22. simply grinding twilight fragments isn't efficient. the gamespot one at least tells you where to find loads before sending you to tartatus so you can use them if necessary.

also, I have written plenty of guides and have had comments saying that they aren't good or whatever - that's what happens and it's their opinion at the end of the day - just like it's my opinion that that PP guide is far outshone by a lot of others. Maybe it's unfair for me to call it 'terrible' but I still believe there are holes in it that are covered much better by other guides like the gamespot guide.

I haven't delved into the PSNP one because I started the game before it was published - still looks like a lot more information compared to PP.

It's also hard to "write a guide with no community knowledge" if I don't get games before release day like yourself - the Iron man VR guide I've written had very little community info out when I wrote it afair. the f1 games also get very little coverage - I did many playthroughs of f1 23 to make a 100% guide in the story which I haven't 'copied' from anywhere

Edited by CosmoWolf_