Anyone getting this?

I have pre-ordered the game and Since this game isn't getting so much attention i believe the servers will go dead as fast it went on Fall of Cybertron (which had great multiplayer!) and i noticed this game had kind off similiar online trophies maybe a little bit toned down but still time consuming i fear. So has anyone else pre-ordered this so we can play together when it releases in june?

Should probably mention i'm getting it for the ps4

Edited by itzzh3lixx

This one is being developed by the High Moon Studios right? If so I'll definitely be picking it up. 

Parker

i can't find any confirmation about them not being involved but according to .org the developers are Edge of Reality, but i don't see the logo in the trailer so i honsetly don't know what is going on

This one is being developed by the High Moon Studios right? If so I'll definitely be picking it up. 

Parker

this game is being made by edge of reality, a company that primarily has done ports of other games

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/transformers_rise_of_the_dark_spark/b/playstation4/archive/2014/04/12/transformers-rise-of-the-dark-spark-trailer-shows-bumblees-in-action.aspx

Well damn, it seems like it isn't being developed by HMS. I could've sworn I saw news that HMS was working on another Transformers game...

I'm a little conflicted about this now. From what little research I did it seems like this is both a sequel to Fall of Cybertron as well as a companion to the Transformers movie that is coming out, and we all know how movie tie in games go... 

Parker

HMS is dead. Anyone that's a veteran of WFC/FOC knows this. They started going downhill after Deadpool. Can't say I'm sad. The fact they never really listened to consumers and fixed issues with FOC and, especially WFC make me happy they're gone. Though, it's not really their fault. Activision never really gave them the chance. They're like, "Make the game, when done, start on the sequel." Shouldn't come as a surprise that Activision fired some 40 full-time HMS employees.

And this is coming from a huge fan of WFC - someone who played the game well over two years after its release. Some of the more well known vets felt the same, even about FOC.

But regarding ROTDS, I have a few friends that may still get it, though I can't say on which console. Edge of Reality has done mainly ports for BioWare: Mass Effect 1 and Dragon Age: Origins on PS3.

HMS is dead. Anyone that's a veteran of WFC/FOC knows this. They started going downhill after Deadpool. Can't say I'm sad. The fact they never really listened to consumers and fixed issues with FOC and, especially WFC make me happy they're gone. Though, it's not really their fault. Activision never really gave them the chance. They're like, "Make the game, when done, start on the sequel." Shouldn't come as a surprise that Activision fired some 40 full-time HMS employees.

And this is coming from a huge fan of WFC - someone who played the game well over two years after its release. Some of the more well known vets felt the same, even about FOC.

But regarding ROTDS, I have a few friends that may still get it, though I can't say on which console. Edge of Reality has done mainly ports for BioWare: Mass Effect 1 and Dragon Age: Origins on PS3.

Don't agree at all. HMS was gutted by Activision as soon as Deadpool went gold. Typical Activision business tactics.

Both WFC and FoC were excellent. Without question the best Transformers games (not necessarily a hard task to accomplish, but still), and pretty good 3rd person shooters overall. If you are a Transformers fan, you should be sad, not happy, that they are gone.

Activision is likely as much or more to blame for lack of ongoing support (HMS was not an independent studio).

This game is hard to get a read on. Looks like they took the material HMS was working on, gave it to another studio, then shoe-horned in material to tie it into the movie launch.

It has the potential to be massively sucky, but as a Tranformers nut, I will still pick it up.

(as an aside, I don't believe HMS is gone - last I heard they were working on a FPS port, probably the PS3 version of the next COD - that was the rumor as of Jan this year)

• Like 1

Don't agree at all. HMS was gutted by Activision as soon as Deadpool went gold. Typical Activision business tactics.

Both WFC and FoC were excellent. Without question the best Transformers games (not necessarily a hard task to accomplish, but still), and pretty good 3rd person shooters overall. If you are a Transformers fan, you should be sad, not happy, that they are gone.

Activision is likely as much or more to blame for lack of ongoing support (HMS was not an independent studio).

This game is hard to get a read on. Looks like they took the material HMS was working on, gave it to another studio, then shoe-horned in material to tie it into the movie launch.

It has the potential to be massively sucky, but as a Tranformers nut, I will still pick it up.

(as an aside, I don't believe HMS is gone - last I heard they were working on a FPS port, probably the PS3 version of the next COD - that was the rumor as of Jan this year)

I'm sorry, but the fact HMS didn't fight more for the babies they created for the fans is an insult. Yeah, I agree that Activision oversaw a lot of it, but HMS were cowards to not stand up to them. Do you actually still play WFC or FOC? Glitching (which is a form of cheating, mind you) started in WFC as early as 2011, eight months after its release, yet HMS brushed patching it aside to focus on FOC. I probably should clarify that had HMS told Activision to fuck off and went to someone else, maybe they would have been given the freedom to patch the game. Instead, they remained Activision's bitches.

Here's a prime example of glitching in WFC: scientists (jets) have three bars of health, scouts (cars) have four, leaders (trucks) have five and soldiers (tanks) have six. Scientists and soldiers each can equip the EMP Shotgun. Leaders are the only class that can equip the Magma Frag Launcher with its splash damage and have the Warcry ability which gives a buff to themselves and allies to damage given and reduced damage taken. Leaders and soldiers have flak armor, which reduces damage taken. Scientists have the Drain ability which steals enemy health while giving you health in return.

Now imagine, if you will, a glitched class: A six health bar jet with Warcry and Drain, starting weapons are Mag Frag and EMP and they have flak armor. Anyone who knows how to glitch can make this class happen. It's cheating and HMS never patched it, most likely because Activision wouldn't let them. FOC has the ghost glitch where a holographic image of your MP character stands in one spot and can't be killed while the real you runs around able to murder endlessly without fear of being killed. I don't know how to glitch in FOC and even though I know how to glitch in WFC, I don't do it.

As I said before and if you check my sig, WFC has had a huge impact on my online gaming. That's why this is so bittersweet.

May I just remind everyone(peacefully, mind you -- no hating here) that this is the Internet. Furthermore, Whether or not HMS was gutted, they are(were) a very successful game development company, so needless to say, they don't care what most people have to say. HMS may very well have wanted to patch WFC, but didn't because they were putting all their funding into FOC. Also, Pirelli may be a bit of an rebel at heart with their main point; HMS couldn't have gone against the will of Activision even if they wanted to since Activision was supplying most, if not all of the funding for both Cybertron games. And really, who cares about glitching?! it may be unfair but complaining won't get you anywhere, and they're still great games regardless.

Well, I'm done ranting now.

• Like 1

May I just remind everyone(peacefully, mind you -- no hating here) that this is the Internet. Furthermore, Whether or not HMS was gutted, they are(were) a very successful game development company, so needless to say, they don't care what most people have to say. HMS may very well have wanted to patch WFC, but didn't because they were putting all their funding into FOC. Also, Pirelli may be a bit of an rebel at heart with their main point; HMS couldn't have gone against the will of Activision even if they wanted to since Activision was supplying most, if not all of the funding for both Cybertron games. And really, who cares about glitching?! it may be unfair but complaining won't get you anywhere, and they're still great games regardless.

Well, I'm done ranting now.

They were (past tense) good games. I played WFC for 2+ years after I got it. And I only got it because a friend kept showing me trailers and such about it. And he didn't even have a PS3 at the time! So I pre-ordered it about a week before its release and absolutely loved it - every aspect of it, from Escalation to co-op campaign to the MP. My friends and I partied up on it. A LOT. But like you said, Activision wouldn't let them fix it because they wanted other games worked on instead. This, if I recall correctly, was first DotM and then FOC. But it sparks an interesting question: If you don't fix a game and instead just rush to get its sequel out, why would people want to play them? Take a look at both The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Tom Clancy's The Division. Both were slated for 2014 releases and now both are pushed back to 2015. A lot of people want these games, but the companies are given the freedom to take their time and make a game worthy of the wait (we hope). Why couldn't Activision let HMS do this? Oh, that's right. They just wanted money. In the case of DotM, I understand as it was a tie-in to the film.

Because Activision at the time was struggling financially, and may not have had enough funds to allow a patch to be produced. And yes, DotM was a tie-in. And the fact that they 'were' great games is solely your opinion. I, and many others with me, still love it and play it, even if the 'oh-so-mean' HMS and Activision have basically cancelled update support.

Edited by MrSwagtwiceover

Looks like they took the material HMS was working on, gave it to another studio, then shoe-horned in material to tie it into the movie launch.

Yeah, I love Transformers (sentient robots are to me what organized religion is to some people), but I don't know about this game.  As a TF fan I hate the michael bay stuff, so the fact that they're even acknowledging that takes a lotta points away.  Aside from that it doesn't look like they're doing much new, although the trailers I saw made it really hard to tell.  I mean I was literally less excited for the game after I watched the trailers.

I was halfway planning to get a PS4 by Oct for Arkham Knight; if so I might pick this up too, but only after I see some player reviews/videos.  For PS3 I can stick with FoC and WfC.

-kit

Part of me does want to get this basically when it launches, if for no other reason than the MP community is likely to die out in no time at all, so it would make sense to do the MP trophies as soon as possible.  Trying to find people playing it 6 months after it's been released will likely be pretty difficult.  WFC and FOC were both fantastic games, and I have no regrets about buying them on day one.  However, I'm not convinced that ROTDS will be worth the price of a brand-new game.  We'll see how it goes...

Edited by StewartBros

• 5 weeks later...

Just found out that the game won't have any competetive multiplayer, only singleplayer and Co-op escalation. Can someone confirm this?

Unfortunately, that is correct. It's too bad because I really loved that aspect. I still recommend getting the game though since it's a lot of fun. It just takes away from the replay value

• 1 year later...