Trophy thoughts?

22 hours ago, mike_87 said:

Can anyone explain the third point of no return trophy better to me? Something anout entering a warp gate? I managed to get the second missable yesterday (scrap donation) so im in the far drop area, been saving every half an hour too

Entering the warp gate in the Aeropan Barracks locks you into the end game and you can't free roam anymore, so anything related to that is missable. The cutoff point is the Dark Daxter segment.

20 minutes ago, LunchCannon54 said:

Entering the warp gate in the Aeropan Barracks locks you into the end game and you can't free roam anymore, so anything related to that is missable. The cutoff point is the Dark Daxter segment.

So you have to avoid that warp gate until you knock out everything else trophy wise? I thought entering the warp gate was a trophy itself but just sounds like thats the final cut off point for getting all trophies mopped up and is the end of the free roaming, right?

Edited by mike_87

14 minutes ago, mike_87 said:

So you have to avoid that warp gate until you knock out everything else trophy wise? I thought entering the warp gate was a trophy itself but just sounds like thats the final cut off point for getting all trophies mopped up

Entering the Dark Daxter segment is the cutoff point, yes.

Like I said earlier you can farm some remaining scrap and Dark Eco for anything ship related and Sage In Training in the final sections, so they'll kind of have their own mini cutoff points in that sense.

The Dark Eco for farming it is in the room where you get your weapons back on Aeropa (there's a boss that gives you a bit more after) and for scrap there's a chase sequence after Duke of L's with some enemy ships that gives you a few thousand. After that chase sequence when you return to the main ship is the last opportunity to get those trophies for that playthrough.

Right so i now have just two trophies remaining, those being defeat skyheed on foot and defeat the ACS behemoth, and now the ‘find the barracks warp gate’ mission left so can more or less assume i definitely havent missed anything by this point.  However, is that skyheed trophy just an automatic story progress trophy or do you have to defeat skyheed in a certain way judging by how the trophy description sounds or what?

Edited by mike_87
Spelling

I'd give it a 3. The combat can be tricky and the game expects you to grab the upgrades but with rewind and generous checkpoints it's really not that bad.
Important note: Make a hard save before choosing your plane for the final fight. There's a chase section that's a war of attrition at the very end, you'll be chasing the final boss through some tunnels and there are mechanical arms that are annoying to kill before they hit you- but the important thing is that while you can still upgrade on restarting the checkpoint, you can't change plane anymore.

I enjoyed this game. Reading some of the comments I was expecting the worst game ever, but thankfully it wasn't that bad!

I mapped L1 and R1 to the right stick which made the camera controls a little less worse, still bad though, but at least bearable.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DoodgraverNL said:

I enjoyed this game. Reading some of the comments I was expecting the worst game ever, but thankfully it wasn't that bad!

I mapped L1 and R1 to the right stick which made the camera controls a little less worse, still bad though, but at least bearable.

Interesting, didn't know about the control scheme of this game as haven't gotten around to playing it, but I'll be keeping your suggestion for controls in mind when I do play it.  Thanks for your input!

On 3/22/2024 at 1:09 AM, LunchCannon54 said:

Yep.

There's three points of no return for the platinum trophy which that guide actually lays out quite well.

One is for the Jak Dangerous trophy (Get 10,000 on one of the Danger Course courses) which is missable after leaving Aeropa for the story not long after you do the course. You can replay the courses as often as you want until you leave, or just abuse the rewind function until you get the score. You can do everything on Aeropa until you get in the ship to leave.

The second one is for the Generosity of a Hero trophy (Donate scrap in Far Drop, only has to be done once) which is missable if you don't do it before Far Drop gets invaded later on in the story.

The third one for everything else is going through the warp gate on the second trip to the Aeropan Barracks. Once you trigger the Dark Daxter segment there every other non story trophy is missed (again, rewind). You'll still have access to the main ship hub and therefore the garage/shop and Keira to upgrade shit, and there's a few enemies in the final area you can farm for Dark Eco and a few ships to farm for scrap a bit after but you probably don't want it to have to come to that.

I'm doing the guide and I have almost completed it. I will use this and will credit you, thanks!!!