It's just me or some Hard mode sections was Utter Bullshit? [Spoilers]

It's just me on hard mode getting stuck on certain parts of chapters(Rufus fight,DPS check with red dragon because his AOE flame covers full arena and final Sephiroth fight? When Aerith entered for final fight I got like 2 MP because So many flights with only HP restoring not mention he randomly use Heartless angel so I needled to Heal cloud and get his attention otherwise it was game over for me I don't want to know what his FINAL fight will be

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mati11120 said:

It's just me on hard mode getting stuck on certain parts of chapters(Rufus fight,DPS check with red dragon because his AOE flame covers full arena and final Sephiroth fight? When Aerith entered for final fight I got like 2 MP because So many flights with only HP restoring not mention he randomly use Heartless angel so I needled to Heal cloud and get his attention otherwise it was game over for me I don't want to know what his FINAL fight will be

Rebirth is harder than Remake was on hard mode for sure.  They also changed several of the fights on hard so that the moves are different or they are more aggressive or have added effects to moves they were doing.  Many fights felt like a completely different experience on hard.  Heartless angel is a fairly unfair attack on hard and I had to rewatch cutscenes a lot because of how he opens with the ability during one phase in particular and due to the stun recovery animation being so long you have to dodge some attacks before you can heal yourself.

The hardest fights for me were the two boss fights that make you use Red and Barret as they are both tank characters with lacking DPS options.  I really dislike Red's playstyle in general that is completely based on baiting attacks to block and build his vengeance gauge.  I found Gi Nattak to be rather annoying thanks to this team.

I didn't really enjoy the gauntlet of boss fights in Chapter 11 with little to no MP recharge.  I was completely out of MP with Cait Sith due to the overabundance of solo fights he is forced into.. and then having to use him against Galian Beast just really sucks because Cait Sith is the last character I want on that fight.  They also changed Roche a decent amount on hard and he reads inputs pretty noticeably.  He likes to wait to bait you to attack him so he will auto dodge.. but if you try to cast he just does this stupid thrust attack to interrupt you at the perfect timing.  He then loves to lead his combos with this ground fire magic attack that has no ability call out just to stuff your punisher stance and stunlock you into a full offensive combo from him which will most likely kill you or put you low enough that you have to heal which he will then read your input and interrupt you.  A very irritating fight after a long chapter of frustration.

I had some trouble with Elena + Rude in Chapter 12 because they will instantly wipe you out if you dont interrupt their tag team attack which basically requires Aerith to cast magic at them using the invulnerability from her radiant ward.  Elena in general is a very frustrating pain in the ass on hard because of her constant stunlocking and running around like a cactuar but she can also decide to shoot you and stunlock you with her gunfire that has little to no tell.  The fight being followed up by Rufus right after makes it worse.  The fight is a lot more challenging than it was in remake and not very enjoyable either.

The Red Dragon is a bit cheap on hard though because his fire breath attack does indeed cover the whole arena, but Barret will survive it if hes topped off and can just revive the other two.  I am not sure if fire elemental in armor will prevent the damage.

Elena + Tseng is probably the biggest stunlock fest in the entire game on hard and an incredibly annoying fight.

The final bosses are not enjoyable at all on hard, the limitations of certain characters is very apparent on hard mode and being forced to use characters like cait sith or red who cant build any ATB or contribute any DPS when the enemy parts are too high off the ground feels like being trolled by the devs.  The addition of heartless angel being used at the beginning of some phases like I said before is cheap and unfun.  I really don't care for unavoidable arena wide attacks and this one happens to also put you at 1 hp and throw you to the ground for a tremendously long recovery animation which guarantees the boss a followup attack that you have to dodge perfectly before healing.  That would normally not be a problem but the tracking in rebirth was upped tremendously it feels like and dodging is often a difficult thing to perform when not playing Tifa or Yuffie.

I don't imagine a lot of people will sing high praises for the last bosses when they do it on hard.  The unskippable cutscenes, forced parties, heartless angel and extreme ease of being wiped out thanks to the AI standing in devastating attacks when not controlling them just makes it a real frustrating experience.

Edited by Elegy
  • Like 2

I finished Hard Mode earlier today and I agree that there's a disproportionate difficulty spike for Jenova.

Part of the problem is working out how to spread your magnify materia across the party for group healing during the various stages, and the fact that Cait Sith is a useless fuck.

Edited by BusyFace13

I just got the plat. Yes, the game is very hard, like Dark Souls level hard, but unlike most complainers, I like the combat of FF7 remake/rebirth.

For hard mode, I got to chapter 12 without Götterdämmerung. the Scarlet fight with the girls was a bitch and took me 4 hours.

The Gi boss with red and Barret took me a while too, I think 3 hours.

Getting the Götterdämmerung took me a week, yes a fucking week. Fuck Gilgamish and fuck virtual sephiroth.

Gilgamish you could learn and after a while, he's just another boss, but Sephiroth is BS there's no way to avoid him you literally need to tank his damage with Barrier or it's game over, and you better hope you're lucky and he picks fire first otherwise phase 2 is a dud and you'll be sent back to the beginning.

after that, I did hard mode and I'm not sure if it's the week of grinding or what but I just saw the Matrix and dodged almost all damage. The red dragon is pure BS, I agree in hard mode attacking his chest is not what you should do at all as that one will make him use that lava attack and kill everyone instead you're better off taking out the wings and staggering him. Also, Barret needs to be in the fight and with 9000+ HP.

Jenova killed me once when it was just Cloud, and in the final fight with Sephiroth he also killed me once and that's it. I got to him with Full MP, I was using the sword that gives MP back if you take large damage and when you stagger enemies. Honestly, the turtles that spew fire did more damage to me than Sephiroth.

I'm already crying in advance for Part 3 as without Aerith, I'm guessing fights on hard mode will be hell. Maybe this time they won't reset me to level one. Like I need more than a stupid summon as a reward for playing Rebirth, also Johnny gives you a piano sheet from hell as a reward. The one-winged angle theme... 310 notes of BS.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2024 at 10:45 AM, Elegy said:

Rebirth is harder than Remake was on hard mode for sure.  They also changed several of the fights on hard so that the moves are different or they are more aggressive or have added effects to moves they were doing.  Many fights felt like a completely different experience on hard.  Heartless angel is a fairly unfair attack on hard and I had to rewatch cutscenes a lot because of how he opens with the ability during one phase in particular and due to the stun recovery animation being so long you have to dodge some attacks before you can heal yourself.

The hardest fights for me were the two boss fights that make you use Red and Barret as they are both tank characters with lacking DPS options.  I really dislike Red's playstyle in general that is completely based on baiting attacks to block and build his vengeance gauge.  I found Gi Nattak to be rather annoying thanks to this team.

I didn't really enjoy the gauntlet of boss fights in Chapter 11 with little to no MP recharge.  I was completely out of MP with Cait Sith due to the overabundance of solo fights he is forced into.. and then having to use him against Galian Beast just really sucks because Cait Sith is the last character I want on that fight.  They also changed Roche a decent amount on hard and he reads inputs pretty noticeably.  He likes to wait to bait you to attack him so he will auto dodge.. but if you try to cast he just does this stupid thrust attack to interrupt you at the perfect timing.  He then loves to lead his combos with this ground fire magic attack that has no ability call out just to stuff your punisher stance and stunlock you into a full offensive combo from him which will most likely kill you or put you low enough that you have to heal which he will then read your input and interrupt you.  A very irritating fight after a long chapter of frustration.

I had some trouble with Elena + Rude in Chapter 12 because they will instantly wipe you out if you dont interrupt their tag team attack which basically requires Aerith to cast magic at them using the invulnerability from her radiant ward.  Elena in general is a very frustrating pain in the ass on hard because of her constant stunlocking and running around like a cactuar but she can also decide to shoot you and stunlock you with her gunfire that has little to no tell.  The fight being followed up by Rufus right after makes it worse.  The fight is a lot more challenging than it was in remake and not very enjoyable either.

The Red Dragon is a bit cheap on hard though because his fire breath attack does indeed cover the whole arena, but Barret will survive it if hes topped off and can just revive the other two.  I am not sure if fire elemental in armor will prevent the damage.

Elena + Tseng is probably the biggest stunlock fest in the entire game on hard and an incredibly annoying fight.

The final bosses are not enjoyable at all on hard, the limitations of certain characters is very apparent on hard mode and being forced to use characters like cait sith or red who cant build any ATB or contribute any DPS when the enemy parts are too high off the ground feels like being trolled by the devs.  The addition of heartless angel being used at the beginning of some phases like I said before is cheap and unfun.  I really don't care for unavoidable arena wide attacks and this one happens to also put you at 1 hp and throw you to the ground for a tremendously long recovery animation which guarantees the boss a followup attack that you have to dodge perfectly before healing.  That would normally not be a problem but the tracking in rebirth was upped tremendously it feels like and dodging is often a difficult thing to perform when not playing Tifa or Yuffie.

I don't imagine a lot of people will sing high praises for the last bosses when they do it on hard.  The unskippable cutscenes, forced parties, heartless angel and extreme ease of being wiped out thanks to the AI standing in devastating attacks when not controlling them just makes it a real frustrating experience.

Ohhh right Now I remember my first stuck was on Mythrill gollen because in the middle of his fight he is firing projectiles like a Madman!

Agree about chapter 12...Caith sith combat is completely unfun for me I struggled so hard on his solo vs Legendary because of this

Rufus also reads inputs,when you try to use cure then he will he dashing at the speed of light to you to interrupt This,only way to heal is to pressure him and use this time to heal instead to hit him

For the Rude+Elena in Mussclehead Colloseum I targeted elena first because I love when she is screaming it's so funny,but careful rude after some time are going to use on her Phoenix down,yes he can ressurect her 

Red dragon is confirmed to be bugged on hard mode,when you asses him

text will tell you destroy his stomach to lower his flame attack,it's bullshit on hard mode it's dps check you need tifa to finish him on staggered mode because he will be annoying and kill your whole party

Also agree about final fight randomness

I was so annoyed when I needed to fight with caith sith and tifa on verge of dying because Lifeclinger fight damage...

On 3/20/2024 at 12:24 PM, Baker said:

Are there any checkpoints in the final bosses? Or do you need to fight from Jenova to Sephiroth in one go?

there is checkpoints but your mp will not restore at any point from fighting Jenova lifeclinger onwards, don't be like me with 2MP on Last Sephiroth fight and depending on Aerith MP lol

16 hours ago, BusyFace13 said:

I finished Hard Mode earlier today and I agree that there's a disproportionate difficulty spike for Jenova.

Part of the problem is working out how to spread your magnify materia across the party for group healing during the various stages, and the fact that Cait Sith is a useless fuck.

Ageee,but they should at least replace materias with new locked characters,I was constantly annoyed because I needed to change all materias to new character's because it's forced story change...

15 hours ago, GB-Red-Eye said:

I just got the plat. Yes, the game is very hard, like Dark Souls level hard, but unlike most complainers, I like the combat of FF7 remake/rebirth.

For hard mode, I got to chapter 12 without Götterdämmerung. the Scarlet fight with the girls was a bitch and took me 4 hours.

The Gi boss with red and Barret took me a while too, I think 3 hours.

Getting the Götterdämmerung took me a week, yes a fucking week. Fuck Gilgamish and fuck virtual sephiroth.

Gilgamish you could learn and after a while, he's just another boss, but Sephiroth is BS there's no way to avoid him you literally need to tank his damage with Barrier or it's game over, and you better hope you're lucky and he picks fire first otherwise phase 2 is a dud and you'll be sent back to the beginning.

after that, I did hard mode and I'm not sure if it's the week of grinding or what but I just saw the Matrix and dodged almost all damage. The red dragon is pure BS, I agree in hard mode attacking his chest is not what you should do at all as that one will make him use that lava attack and kill everyone instead you're better off taking out the wings and staggering him. Also, Barret needs to be in the fight and with 9000+ HP.

Jenova killed me once when it was just Cloud, and in the final fight with Sephiroth he also killed me once and that's it. I got to him with Full MP, I was using the sword that gives MP back if you take large damage and when you stagger enemies. Honestly, the turtles that spew fire did more damage to me than Sephiroth.

I'm already crying in advance for Part 3 as without Aerith, I'm guessing fights on hard mode will be hell. Maybe this time they won't reset me to level one. Like I need more than a stupid summon as a reward for playing Rebirth, also Johnny gives you a piano sheet from hell as a reward. The one-winged angle theme... 310 notes of BS.

it's stupid the Asses materia is lying to you lol they should give notification

"new challenges awaits on story bosses" 

took me 2-3hr of trying then posting on reddit and people confirmed his belly attack does not lower his spread of fire on arena and you need to kill him before he does this or bring barret+steelskin and magnify+revive 

6 hours ago, mati11120 said:

it's stupid the Asses materia is lying to you lol they should give notification

"new challenges awaits on story bosses" 

took me 2-3hr of trying then posting on reddit and people confirmed his belly attack does not lower his spread of fire on arena and you need to kill him before he does this or bring barret+steelskin and magnify+revive 

Well... the game does say things change in hard mode though I do agree, that that is a bit confusing, I noticed it around my third death and went and googled it, and once I saw most people saying the same thing I just ignored the chest and beat him immediately after doing that.

He's not even the worst dragon, since you have to fight that pure BS, Bahamut on the legendary fights with Zack. He's fight number 9 and hits like a truck and you get 10 seconds or so to clip his wings other wise he gets stronger and by the third time he just Gigadrives you into the next life and if you just so happen to have reraise on, he'll get pissed off and come after you with 3 times the speed. I died to him like 80 times. Meanwhile, Odin the last boss I killed on my second try...

So yeah if there's a dragon I'm salty about it's Bahamut, not that discount dragon on hard mode. Trust me you'll be too once you try the legendary fights.

and you made me remember that the golem took me a while too with Barret and Red, but after a week of VR missions, I completely forgot that happened LMAO.

But for real. Sephiroth was so fun on my first run. When I first got him to phase three he did the end is nigh attack, but I staggered him and made the stupid mistake of wanting extra damage so I did a Braver before the limit break, the bitch stunned me out of my limit break the second he was unstaggered and limit broke me back with Octaslash and then the camera zoomed in on his face as he smirked that moment made me laugh so much, I have no idea who they'll top fighting him again in the third game because this one topped the first one by a mile so what the fuck will they do for the third!? God I can't wait four years I hope it'll be faster.

Edited by GB-Red-Eye
  • Like 1

I made it all the way to the very last boss on Hard without Gotterdammerung. Unfortunately I don't think I can do it. I have no MP left with Cloud by the time I get to the fight at the end where it's Cloud and Aerith against Sephiroth. You would have to get through the preceding fights without using any MP with Cloud, which is too difficult for me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SublimeHawk said:

I made it all the way to the very last boss on Hard without Gotterdammerung. Unfortunately I don't think I can do it. I have no MP left with Cloud by the time I get to the fight at the end where it's Cloud and Aerith against Sephiroth. You would have to get through the preceding fights without using any MP with Cloud, which is too difficult for me.

I was in same boat,shit I was using gootadamerung on seph to gain his attention, changed asap to Aerith to build atb,placed wards who boost her normal attacks then used her for healing

it's was smooth until he used Heartless angel and go for her instead of me lol

9 hours ago, GB-Red-Eye said:

Well... the game does say things change in hard mode though I do agree, that that is a bit confusing, I noticed it around my third death and went and googled it, and once I saw most people saying the same thing I just ignored the chest and beat him immediately after doing that.

He's not even the worst dragon, since you have to fight that pure BS, Bahamut on the legendary fights with Zack. He's fight number 9 and hits like a truck and you get 10 seconds or so to clip his wings other wise he gets stronger and by the third time he just Gigadrives you into the next life and if you just so happen to have reraise on, he'll get pissed off and come after you with 3 times the speed. I died to him like 80 times. Meanwhile, Odin the last boss I killed on my second try...

So yeah if there's a dragon I'm salty about it's Bahamut, not that discount dragon on hard mode. Trust me you'll be too once you try the legendary fights.

and you made me remember that the golem took me a while too with Barret and Red, but after a week of VR missions, I completely forgot that happened LMAO.

But for real. Sephiroth was so fun on my first run. When I first got him to phase three he did the end is nigh attack, but I staggered him and made the stupid mistake of wanting extra damage so I did a Braver before the limit break, the bitch stunned me out of my limit break the second he was unstaggered and limit broke me back with Octaslash and then the camera zoomed in on his face as he smirked that moment made me laugh so much, I have no idea who they'll top fighting him again in the third game because this one topped the first one by a mile so what the fuck will they do for the third!? God I can't wait four years I hope it'll be faster.

I got that plat 2 days ago but this dragon was so annoying for me

for the Bahamut it was not that bad except that on Zack cloud 

Bahamut after his Gigaflare can be pissed if you survive this and immediately charging another giga flare,thank god I survived first with Reprieve and next with Rerise otherwise it was my end of the run

6 hours ago, SublimeHawk said:

if you don't have gotta then there is 2 ways

1.Get it,you get a lot of stronger because you got a lot of manuscripts during hard mode

2.Go back to fight before Final Fight and try to conserve MP as much as you can

I genuinely didn't really notice anything being mechanically different - all I really noticed was that the damage output was increased by 10x vs. Normal Mode. Which felt a bit disproportionate - I felt satisfied beating all of Remake's Hard Mode chapters... beating all of Rebirth's Hard Mode chapters ultimately left me feeling drained and more frustrated than anything else.

1 hour ago, mati11120 said:

I was in same boat,shit I was using gootadamerung on seph to gain his attention, changed asap to Aerith to build atb,placed wards who boost her normal attacks then used her for healing

it's was smooth until he used Heartless angel and go for her instead of me lol

I got that plat 2 days ago but this dragon was so annoying for me

for the Bahamut it was not that bad except that on Zack cloud 

Bahamut after his Gigaflare can be pissed if you survive this and immediately charging another giga flare,thank god I survived first with Reprieve and next with Rerise otherwise it was my end of the run

if you don't have gotta then there is 2 ways

1.Get it,you get a lot of stronger because you got a lot of manuscripts during hard mode

2.Go back to fight before Final Fight and try to conserve MP as much as you can

I went into this fight on Hard Mode against Jenova with literally 1 HP and 1 MP cuz of the White Whisper battle that precedes the fight; and since there's no item use thought I was completely fucked going into it. Thankfully First Strike + Chakra got me going and I managed to make it through, by the time I did the Zack & Cloud portion and got to be on the platform with Aerith I had a whopping 9 MP, and got myself up to 10 MP just to be able to Raise Aerith should the AI inevitably drive her to her demise (an all too common occurrence for her and Red XIII both I've found). In the end after about 15 attempts, I got him and it worked out... Brutal Challenge #6 on the other hand, I think I might be beat.

I'm no slouch in the face of difficulty, I get frustrated as we all do, and I don't know if it's the recent patch or what but Odin just seems to be excessively aggressive right now. Literally went into the sim on Easy, Power-3 just to take the time to try learn the timing for Perfect Guards and he literally Zantetsukens every 5 blocks on Easy... that seems really, really excessive? I've already beaten him twice, so I know how to actually beat him, but getting to the end of BC6 hinges on being capable to Perfect Guard to near perfection...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GibiusMaximus said:

I genuinely didn't really notice anything being mechanically different - all I really noticed was that the damage output was increased by 10x vs. Normal Mode. Which felt a bit disproportionate - I felt satisfied beating all of Remake's Hard Mode chapters... beating all of Rebirth's Hard Mode chapters ultimately left me feeling drained and more frustrated than anything else.

I went into this fight on Hard Mode against Jenova with literally 1 HP and 1 MP cuz of the White Whisper battle that precedes the fight; and since there's no item use thought I was completely fucked going into it. Thankfully First Strike + Chakra got me going and I managed to make it through, by the time I did the Zack & Cloud portion and got to be on the platform with Aerith I had a whopping 9 MP, and got myself up to 10 MP just to be able to Raise Aerith should the AI inevitably drive her to her demise (an all too common occurrence for her and Red XIII both I've found). In the end after about 15 attempts, I got him and it worked out... Brutal Challenge #6 on the other hand, I think I might be beat.

I'm no slouch in the face of difficulty, I get frustrated as we all do, and I don't know if it's the recent patch or what but Odin just seems to be excessively aggressive right now. Literally went into the sim on Easy, Power-3 just to take the time to try learn the timing for Perfect Guards and he literally Zantetsukens every 5 blocks on Easy... that seems really, really excessive? I've already beaten him twice, so I know how to actually beat him, but getting to the end of BC6 hinges on being capable to Perfect Guard to near perfection...

For the Odin the hits counts on Ai even if ai blocking  it it's build his Gjalahorn Warning followed by Zantestuken too,you need to spam him with atb abilities and change party members pretty frequently untill you see Sleipnir Furor but don't increase his pressure to stagger immediately because he can Reprise-counter attacks

befoore you do Focusing Thrust change to other character to gain his attention then change back 

Just now, mati11120 said:

For the Odin the hits counts on Ai even if ai blocking  it it's build his Gjalahorn Warning followed by Zantestuken too,you need to spam him with atb abilities and change party members pretty frequently untill you see Sleipnir Furor but don't increase his pressure to stagger immediately because he can Reprise-counter attacks

befoore you do Focusing Thrust change to other character to gain his attention then change back 

same tactica with spliting attentions belongs to Gilgamesh and Sephiroth fight 

I could reach chapter 13 without Götterdämmerung (some sections were hard, but it taught me to guard, especially against rufus at gold saucer chapter 11)

Now, i'm stuck at brutal/legendaries VR fights, the gap between these and the rest of the game is huge. I see some people on youtube doing the last brutal challenge within 5min, I really don't get how they do that, I can barelly reach gilgamesh (sometimes, can't pass odin/alexander) and it's been days i'm trying this challenge....

It's 100% a skill issue, but I don't find it "normal" to be that unreachable for casuals, I mean, this FF platinum is the hardest to get by far.. if only these fights weren't requiered for platinum..

Edited by MercureUnleashed
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MercureUnleashed said:

I could reach chapter 13 without Götterdämmerung (some sections were hard, but it taught me to guard, especially against rufus at gold saucer chapter 11)

Now, i'm stuck at brutal/legendaries VR fights, the gap between these and the rest of the game is huge. I see some people on youtube doing the last brutal challenge within 5min, I really don't get how they do that, I can barelly reach gilgamesh (sometimes, can't pass odin/alexander) and it's been days i'm trying this challenge....

It's 100% a skill issue, but I don't find it "normal" to be that unreachable for casuals, I mean, this FF platinum is the hardest to get by far.. if only these fights weren't requiered for platinum..

Try the Brumal Yuffie build with Barret and Aerith. I never struggled with Odin/Alexander after switching to that build.

I will say that your run in that challenge is hugely dependent on how evil the AI wants to be. Sometimes I'd get wiped by Bahamut, most times I'd wipe him like it was nothing. Same with Gilgamesh. Sometimes he just instakills everyone, other times he's down in seconds flat. Just keep trying and you'll eventually get some favorable AI like all these people in these videos, lol.

9 hours ago, MercureUnleashed said:

I've seen some people complain about Rufus and I'm sitting here thinking he was literally the same fight as remake, nothing changed. If you did that one this one should be a cakewalk. Hell, cloud lunges faster now and has ranged attacks that could help so this fight is literally easier on Rebirth than Remake.

Edited by GB-Red-Eye

30 minutes ago, GB-Red-Eye said:

I've seen some people complain about Rufus and I'm sitting here thinking he was literally the same fight as remake, nothing changed. If you did that one this one should be a cakewalk. Hell, cloud lunges faster now and has ranged attacks that could help so this fight is literally easier on Rebirth than Remake.

That’s interesting. He was frustrating as shit until it really clicked for me to just slap him with Triple Slash during Reload. I think what probably makes him most difficult is the limited prep you can do for him prior to fighting him - since you’re gearing for the Turks fight.

That, and the Devs choice to make the menu from Retry forget your new equipment loadout unless you carry over from your win is a bit shit. Spent more time changing materia configs than I did in the fight itself lol. Easily solved by allowing us to save character loadouts but meh. 

17 minutes ago, GibiusMaximus said:

That’s interesting. He was frustrating as shit until it really clicked for me to just slap him with Triple Slash during Reload. I think what probably makes him most difficult is the limited prep you can do for him prior to fighting him - since you’re gearing for the Turks fight.

That, and the Devs choice to make the menu from Retry forget your new equipment loadout unless you carry over from your win is a bit shit. Spent more time changing materia configs than I did in the fight itself lol. Easily solved by allowing us to save character loadouts but meh. 

I didn't change anything for him, I just kept avoiding him and building limit and then just took out the dog really fast and went back to running from him while getting a few shots, staggered him a second time and that's that it's game over for Rufus. 

Again I did struggle with him, on Remake but here it was literally the same thing so I knew all his moves and how to avoid everything.

It's interesting reading everyone's comments. seems like there are many views on which bit is hard.
i kinda of just gave up, after the first playthrough. I di dnot like this game as much as remake and i have plat that game twice.
This game is a real slog and if i did the hard mode i think i would end up really hating this game.

I hope that they learn lessons from this part 2 and use what made part 1 so good.

But to all to plat or did hard mode, kudos to you

2 hours ago, lgamer said:

It's interesting reading everyone's comments. seems like there are many views on which bit is hard.
i kinda of just gave up, after the first playthrough. I di dnot like this game as much as remake and i have plat that game twice.
This game is a real slog and if i did the hard mode i think i would end up really hating this game.

I hope that they learn lessons from this part 2 and use what made part 1 so good.

But to all to plat or did hard mode, kudos to you

LMAO I guess you didn't hear the amount of complaints about that one having nothing to do and how bare-bones it was. Not that I agree with them, but that was the biggest thing people said about Remake, now they're saying this one is too big 😂

I'm an FF7 Fan so I loved every second but I can see how a casual might see it as very large and a slog, kinda like Persona 5, or Elden Ring.

The third game should be smaller, according to what is left from the original, but beats me what they'll actually do length-wise.

Do keep in mind that 95% of players just play the story and like 50% of them don't even complete it. It's a well-known fact that most players don't even finish a game let alone 100% it like we trophy hunters often do.

25 minutes ago, GB-Red-Eye said:

LMAO I guess you didn't hear the amount of complaints about that one having nothing to do and how bare-bones it was. Not that I agree with them, but that was the biggest thing people said about Remake, now they're saying this one is too big 😂

I'm an FF7 Fan so I loved every second but I can see how a casual might see it as very large and a slog, kinda like Persona 5, or Elden Ring.

The third game should be smaller, according to what is left from the original, but beats me what they'll actually do length-wise.

I think both the 'it's too small' complaint for Remake and 'it's too big' complaint for Rebirth are equally valid. They aren't necessarily mutually exclusive arguments.

Rather than just hit a content sweet spot between the two, they overshot to an extreme and ended up on the other end of the content spectrum with rebirth.

Comparing it to P5 and Elden Ring in terms of scale doesn't really apply. Both of those games were huge but didn't contain the egregious amount of bloat that Rebirth has from a content perspective.

I don't understand why people get their viewpoints so muddled around the content topic with this game. It's enjoyable but it's objectively overloaded to the point where it is creating a negative impact for some folks and that's totally fine. Regardless of whether someone is enjoying the actual content, it's still overly heavy from a quantity point of view.

I think the crimson breath 3 (even breaking the chest doesn't stop it) and heartless angel on sephi (could have made it so that only one gets hit?) are the only 2 "non-fun" hard mode mechanics they added. Rest of the stuff seems fine for the most part.

On 3/22/2024 at 5:43 AM, GB-Red-Eye said:

A word of advice for anyone still struggling with Bahamut on the Zack/Cloud gauntlet, if you're trying to break his wings you're doing the fight wrong.

When he does the Particle Charge move and the wings come out, he's absorbing all the particles that he spawns around the arena. These particles fuel his transformation into his next phases. If he absorbs too much he'll change forms and start dishing out more deadly attacks. If he absorbs too much more after that he will shift into Gigadrive mode and Gigaflare your ass into oblivion.

However, you can remove these particles from the arena by using your Synergy Abilities (the ones tied to holding down R1 and pressing one of the face buttons). If there's nothing for him to absorb the move just ends, he won't change forms, and there's no need to worry about the wings at all.

I believe Cloud only has a defensive Counterfire ability, which can be situational and tricky to use, but Zack has Defensive Dash mapped to Square/Triangle. Swap to Zack and spam R1/Square whenever there are particles in the arena and you should be fine. This also has the added benefit of pressuring him, so you should be doing this regardless. I never broke a single wing the three times I faced him, and he only managed to get into Gigadrive once right before I killed him the first time.

Tl/dr Ignore Bahamuts wings and just focus on clearing the arena of particles with R1/Square on Zack

Edited by keats95

I got Gotterdammerung from the Brutal challenges and I still can't beat Sephiroth on Hard. The final part with Aerith and Cloud is simply impossible for me. Anyone know a good materia setup for Aerith so she isn't a complete liability? She takes forever to build ATB and can't take out the wing or sword with one cast. Gotterdammerung doesn't really help with this part. It's frustrating getting all the way to the end and having to restart from Jenova Lifeclinger because I can't beat Sephiroth.

Edited by SublimeHawk

8 hours ago, keats95 said:

A word of advice for anyone still struggling with Bahamut on the Zack/Cloud gauntlet, if you're trying to break his wings you're doing the fight wrong.

When he does the Particle Charge move and the wings come out, he's absorbing all the particles that he spawns around the arena. These particles fuel his transformation into his next phases. If he absorbs too much he'll change forms and start dishing out more deadly attacks. If he absorbs too much more after that he will shift into Gigadrive mode and Gigaflare your ass into oblivion.

However, you can remove these particles from the arena by using your Synergy Abilities (the ones tied to holding down R1 and pressing one of the face buttons). If there's nothing for him to absorb the move just ends, he won't change forms, and there's no need to worry about the wings at all.

I believe Cloud only has a defensive Counterfire ability, which can be situational and tricky to use, but Zack has Defensive Dash mapped to Square/Triangle. Swap to Zack and spam R1/Square whenever there are particles in the arena and you should be fine. This also has the added benefit of pressuring him, so you should be doing this regardless. I never broke a single wing the three times I faced him, and he only managed to get into Gigadrive once right before I killed him the first time.

Tl/dr Ignore Bahamuts wings and just focus on clearing the arena of particles with R1/Square on Zack

I already did it and got my plat. Eventually, I used the strength sword the one where cloud gets 400+ attacks and I was taking out his wings with the strength up metiera 

I just thought of something, in Hard mode chapters involving dungeon sections like Chapter 3 or 13, wouldn't the Hp <> Mp Swap Materia be incredibly busted for clearing through mobs? Wear Chocobo Cape + First Strike and you can spam Quaga to your heart's content. Then once a miniboss or boss is coming up, take off Hp <> Mp Swap and sit on the bench to heal up. Obviously you'll die in one hit but as long as you kill them first shouldn't be a problem right lol

Edited by PostGameBlues