Trophy Thoughts?

On 3/19/2024 at 8:09 AM, HellcoreFire said:

If it's a Team Ninja game the list might be hard. If it's a Sony Interactive Entertainment game it might be easy.

I think it'll be somewhere in the middle, both sides compromising on it.  The only trophies that really stand out to me are the four training mastery trophies and midnight difficulty on an optional ronin mission.  The rest seem like they'll be pretty straight forward and easy.

2 hours ago, ninja-star95 said:

I apologize in advance if this sounds rude (not my intention) but...whoever said this was a Soulslike in the first place? I keep seeing all these assumptions and it's kinda grating. 

Just because they've made Wo Long and Nioh doesn't mean this will be a Soulslike. Ninja Gaiden exists too.

It sure as hell doesn't look like a Soulslike so far lol. At best maybe some elements but that's it.

Fair enough. I, and as I imagine many others, hadn't done a lot of research on the game and kind of assumed it would be similar to Team Ninja's most recent games but with difficulty options similar to Stranger of Paradise. 

6 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

I think it'll be somewhere in the middle, both sides compromising on it.  The only trophies that really stand out to me are the four training mastery trophies and midnight difficulty on an optional ronin mission.  The rest seem like they'll be pretty straight forward and easy.

The Mastery trophies aren't bad. I did the Archery one on the 3rd go, and the Firearms one on the first try. Haven't got to the others yet.

• Like 1

Even though the trophy list seems easy, I still miss the challenge that Nioh has. I understand that they wanted to approach a wider audience, but by doing so they destroyed the charm that Nioh had.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, XcaliBird said:

Even though the trophy list seems easy, I still miss the challenge that Nioh has. I understand that they wanted to approach a wider audience, but by doing so they destroyed the charm that Nioh had.

it's not the same genre. Ronin is like an AssCreed game, open-world action RPG-like. It is not a soulslike.

It's closer to Tsushima then to Nioh.

5 hours ago, XcaliBird said:

But they pulled in people like me, who were always on the fence because of the challenges Nioh and Nioh 2 had.  So it really swings the door both ways.  I get why they did this, but really wouldn't be surprised if their next game was a Nioh inspired, brutally hard game.  If it isn't Nioh 3 as it is.  Working with Playstation Studios for funding I'm sure there were certain requests made about the trophy difficulty anyways.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Smash41 said:

Estimated trophy difficulty: 3/10

Approximate amount of time to platinum: 40-60 hours (50 hours average for most players)

Number of missable trophies.: 0

Playthroughs 1

https://www.powerpyx.com/rise-of-the-ronin-trophy-guide-roadmap/

This seems like the perfect pacing type of game for me. Can't wait to jump in this year!

5 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

Hey man, may I ask.. how is the performance?

OK, I did the last two mastery ones on the first try too :)

Performance is fine. Cutscenes sometimes have the odd stutter, even on performance moe, and have noticed the odd drop here and there, but nothing too bad.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

@Hinsusta The main thing I wanted to ask you is what you thought of it and how hard the Midnight Crossing trophy is. I got most of my other answers looking at the guide. 

Midnight Crossing was far too easy. You can run through the missions and defeat the boss at the end. I found the trophies themselves rather disappointing, as I'm actually a big Team Ninja fan - but that's more Sony's thing, that every game has to have a easy casual list. Otherwise everything is described here in the guide:

4 hours ago, Hinsusta said:

Midnight Crossing was far too easy. You can run through the missions and defeat the boss at the end. I found the trophies themselves rather disappointing, as I'm actually a big Team Ninja fan - but that's more Sony's thing, that every game has to have a easy casual list. Otherwise everything is described here in the guide:

But did you enjoy the game itself?

On 3/21/2024 at 11:09 PM, Hinsusta said:

Rebirth do not have a easy casual list. Even Remake relatively had not. If it's going to be an Enix vs Team Ninja power over Sony discussion I don't think I'd buy that. This will eventually go multiplatform and the game has some challenge to offer if youı seek it. I believe if Team Ninja didn't want it to be accessible they would reject the list altogether. But everything in-game (from difficulty options to all accessibility options) also screams they aimed to capture a wider audience. I'd say it was the goal even before Sony grabbed this as an exclusive.