Let's talk about games with stackable trophies

Do you like that thing? For me, this is bad. I think that one game should have one unique trophy list (or 1 for each platform, but no more).

This makes the trophy database more inaccurate. Also, there are some people who boost their trophy amounts with the help of these games (like Sound Shapes). 

I don't like to see things like this: 

1dcf47719ba7.jpg

And what do you think about that?

If people want 4 Rayman Origins platinums, fine. But I sure as shit am never going to do that! Devs, publishers, whoever make the trophy lists need to sort their shit out with all these lists. They're not needed at all.

Edited by willmill97

I don't like them either but I don't really care if other people do that. To me the idea of buying a second version just for trophies is kind of unthinkable but I could see myself being tempted if something stackable came to Plus, like the EU version of Catherine, for example, so I will never say never.

I like it when a game stacks and you have to do the game more than once, but things like Sound Shapes where all of the trophies unlock at once I don't like. However, I still do those games as I'm always looking for the next set of easy trophies to get, whatever that may be.

Games like Rayman and Playstation Allstars do not have cross-save. You have to earn the platinum twice. Besides Rayman Origins Vita and PS3 have slightly different trophy lists (the artifacts aren't in the PS3 version). The only games I know that have cross save (correct me if I am wrong) is Sound Shapes and Sly Cooper Thieves in TIme

And finally does this topic REALLY need another post thread? I mean it has been done so many times and always breaks down into "cheating" "no its legit" then a mod comes in and says "stop acting like children" and that's that :)

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/6741-is-the-double-platinum-auto-pop-considered-cheating-and-flagged/

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/10534-triple-platinum/

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/5517-poll-obtaining-a-platinum-more-than-once-on-the-same-account/?hl=cheating

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/11227-double-plat-cheating/?hl=cheating

Edited by Dr_Mayus

You know there is a difference between rayman and sound shapes. 

Rayman: Wether it is a different region game (JP/EU/US) or you play it on a different platform (Vita/ps3). You still have to get all the trophy's again. That means EARN each single trophy AGAIN. 

Sound shapes: This one is pretty different. You can use a save file to auto-pop each trophy once you start the different region/platform game up. You'll get another platinum in a matter of seconds without doing any work. 

You can only bash on the sound shapes "version" of stackable trophies. If people wanna get the platinum again for a game, they'd have to earn each trophy again so they never involve in any "hacking" and they put the same amount of time as any other gamer towards that platinum. Like Rayman origins. 

Personally i don't care about these stackable trophy lists. I've done them both (sound shapes version & rayman version) and i'll continue to do so. It's quite enjoyable to get a platinum again on a game you love. And as for auto plats, it's possible so why wouldn't i do it?

To me, as long as the trophies aren't automatically unlocking I think it looks pretty cool to do certain games more than once. Very few games have "Sound Shapes Syndrome" where the trophies will all unlock upon launching the game and hitting download save from cloud.