Starting to question my ability to platinum this game

Just reached the "Can't Stop Won't Stop" quest and I'm completely hardstuck on the colosseum part of the quest, as someone who has played and beat souls like games I have to admit this is probably the hardest game I've ever played. From what I've gathered from reading up on other posts the difficulty in this is just absurd.

Nevertheless I completely admit this is a skill issue on my part and I still want to celebrate this game as much as it deserves, definitely my game of the year!!!

• Like 1

I'd argue this quest is the hardest set of battles that aren't a boss or combat simulation.

If you're truly hard stuck, you can bump the difficulty down to easy.  For the tonberries, there are equipment items that prevent instant death making them pushovers.

The combat simulations are absolutely brutal at times.  But there are cheese builds for nearly every challenge, at this point.  So if you find those and study the gameplay, you'll notice they aren't that bad.  Still tough.  But certainly doable.

Keep going!

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth's mini games and VR combat simulator seemed impossible at first, that's what I initially thought. I'm not a fan of Souls-like games, so I don't know how difficult they are but what I did to platinum the game required a bit of practice, learning, and patience.

Difficulty is subjective, i dont find souls game to be that hard, but i cant for the life of me get an A rank on the Two Legs nothing to it sheet. It demands too many inputs on both sticks at one point i i just can keep with it. Did Cinco de chocobo first try.

The best tip for the Tonberries is to have Safety Bits equipped on each character. These prevent instant death from their attacks, which makes the fight much easier. I thought it was impossible until I put Safety Bits on everyone.

• Like 1

My experience with this quest is this. 

I started it when available. Can't remember my exact level, maybe 40s? 

Barely made it past the cactuars and always failed on tonberries. After 4 attempts I just went and finished the story. 

I then leveled my materia to max and level to max. Then I went to attempt this again. Unfortunatly I had to do all the other minigames again, but they weren't a big deal. Easy to finish again. 

And at level 70, I easily bested the cactaurs and then I used Quakega with Max magnify materia linked and all the tonberries bit it. Then the rest of the fight was easy enough. 

So my suggestion is, finish it after maxing out. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mephisto3dg said:

Difficulty is subjective, i dont find souls game to be that hard, but i cant for the life of me get an A rank on the Two Legs nothing to it sheet. It demands too many inputs on both sticks at one point i i just can keep with it. Did Cinco de chocobo first try.

If it helps for Two Legs, I had a mate take the left stick whilst I took the right stick. 2 players one controller. Made it super easy having one brain per note wheel. I'm just not able to divide my brain the way that game wants me to. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, richoxer said:

If it helps for Two Legs, I had a mate take the left stick whilst I took the right stick. 2 players one controller. Made it super easy having one brain per note wheel. I'm just not able to divide my brain the way that game wants me to. 

yeah thing is I live alone and dont really have anyone near me who is interested in videogames, i did the other songs without too much trouble so probably we have the same thing going on.

• Like 1

For the piano, it helps for the harder ones to set the speed to two or three. This way you'll catch more "Greats" than "Goods". They do go faster, but the window for getting a "Good" is far smaller and a Good will harm your score way more because there's a 70 point difference between a Good and a Great.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

15 minutes ago, mephisto3dg said:

yeah thing is I live alone and dont really have anyone near me who is interested in videogames, i did the other songs without too much trouble so probably we have the same thing going on.

This piece is the instance of git gud. I had 5 segments where I just couldn't manage right timing, but after maybe a dozen attempts I got a hang of it. I said "fuck it" twice, but on my third sitting I somehow maxed this song.

Colosseum fights are easiest done with Yuffie standing in an Arcane Ward (Aerith) spamming Petrify > Magnify, Petrify > MP Absorb/Magic Efficiency.

You might not know that if you pair identical materia with different Blue Materia you get both effects.

Piano sounds weird but it really is easier with the TV muted and playing in double speed. With my reaction times if I just flicked them when I registered them they were in the Great position by the time my slow-ass thumb moved.

2 hours ago, Cerber108 said:

This piece is the instance of git gud. I had 5 segments where I just couldn't manage right timing, but after maybe a dozen attempts I got a hang of it. I said "fuck it" twice, but on my third sitting I somehow maxed this song.

weirdly enough i had to turn the sound on to get the two legs and playing at 3 speed, this song relies heavily on being able to manage both sticks inputs properly cause theres a lot of notes assigned to each one, easiest way to do it is having someone to help you irl, i had to do it on my own so anyone can (have an eyesight condition so its really hard to focus both weels) but thank god its over.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh this is giving you trouble? Let me save you the time and effort—don’t even bother with the rest of the Platinum then. Seriously, you haven’t seen anything yet. You think this was hard? Just wait till you try one of the Brutal or Legendary VR challenges. Now those will make you want to shatter your controller into a million pieces. 

Aaaaaand Brutal and Legendary VR challenges can be "cheesed" (not really the word but still) with a very particular build. Check Optinoob's guides on youtube to have the perfect build and tips & tricks, it's a lifesaver. To be completely honest, I struggled more with the piano minigame or the push-ups with Tifa.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, buttnutdude1 said:

Calm down dude. Not saying you're wrong but comparing a rhythm minigame to the brutal challenges is just unnecessary. Some people are better at certain things and not so much at others. So now you have to read my pointless comment after we all read yours. 

You calm down. Please, spare me the condescending tone. I was trying to give the OP some friendly advice. Also your reply has absolutely nothing to do with the OP. It sounds like you're referring to the piano minigame when the OP was trying to discuss the Musclehead Colosseum battle...not sure what your aim was here other than to act snarky but your reply comes off as very egotistical. 

23 hours ago, Alos88 said:

There was nothing friendly about your advice, and it was far more condescending and passive aggressive in tone than his.
"If you think that part's hard, give up now" isn't good advice, or even advice at all. All statements like that do is chase people off of even trying to plat the thing, which isn't helpful in the least.

I was just keeping it real trying to save the guy a lot of pain and suffering. I'm not gonna apologize if my brutal honesty was enough to offend you.

Now if my pessimism gets drowned out by everyone else's words of encouragement, then it doesn't really matter what I say and by all means more power to them. For what it's worth, I hope @Mirmulnirgil overcomes the challenge and gets the Platinum, but I was giving my two cents and I'm not gonna sugarcoat it. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2024 at 12:17 PM, breakXedge said:

Aaaaaand Brutal and Legendary VR challenges can be "cheesed" (not really the word but still) with a very particular build. Check Optinoob's guides on youtube to have the perfect build and tips & tricks, it's a lifesaver. To be completely honest, I struggled more with the piano minigame or the push-ups with Tifa.

I've tried every method so far. You win when the game says you can win, it's literally RNG.