Minecraft might be getting a PS5 version.

I think this is ultimately a good thing for the game. I would probably start a fresh world. I can't even use my PS4 world anymore because I have to travel thousands of blocks to generate new biomes, which makes the whole experience really annoying, so I end up creating new worlds using Seeds.

From a trophy perspective, I would hope that we would not have to maintain two lists (i.e. No More  PS4 trophies). I doubt auto-popping would be a thing, but if you import a world with everything you need, then you would probably just need to redo the actions to unlock the trophies.

25 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I think this is ultimately a good thing for the game. I would probably start a fresh world. I can't even use my PS4 world anymore because I have to travel thousands of blocks to generate new biomes, which makes the whole experience really annoying, so I end up creating new worlds using Seeds.

From a trophy perspective, I would hope that we would not have to maintain two lists (i.e. No More  PS4 trophies). I doubt auto-popping would be a thing, but if you import a world with everything you need, then you would probably just need to redo the actions to unlock the trophies.

Unless the devs announce they're dropping PS4 support like they did for the PS3 and Vita a few years ago, I fully expect the PS4 version to carry on getting more trophies for years to come.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

3 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Iirc, when importing worlds from PS3 to PS4, imported worlds would have trophies disabled, much like Creative worlds.

Hard to test now, the feature has been shut off and the switch from PS4  Edition to Bedrock  also happened in the meantime.

On 4/2/2024 at 10:16 AM, HuntingFever said:

Unless the devs announce they're dropping PS4 support like they did for the PS3 and Vita a few years ago, I fully expect the PS4 version to carry on getting more trophies for years to come.

(start of prediction) I believe the PS4 severs(not minecraft related) is going to stay for another 15 years. Way too much people have PS4's and if they shutdown PS4 servers this year, they are going in a really big loss because I barely know people with PS5, I mostly know people with PS4. I believe it will stay until PS7 because many people aren't buying PS5 and not planning to as they are really really happy with their PS4. PS4 is a console that's going to stay for the next very several years and Minecraft for the next ~13 years!(end of prediction)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, draqilo said:

(start of prediction) I believe the PS4 severs(not minecraft related) is going to stay for another 15 years. Way too much people have PS4's and if they shutdown PS4 servers this year, they are going in a really big loss because I barely know people with PS5, I mostly know people with PS4. I believe it will stay until PS7 because many people aren't buying PS5 and not planning to as they are really really happy with their PS4. PS4 is a console that's going to stay for the next very several years and Minecraft for the next ~13 years!(end of prediction)

Well, they haven’t shut down the ps3 and vita servers for minecraft yet. They just stopped updating those versions in 2018. Also ps5 has sold 50 million units so that’s hardly true either.

8 minutes ago, BlazikieronUS said:

Well, they haven’t shut down the ps3 and vita servers for minecraft yet. They just stopped updating those versions in 2018. Also ps5 has sold 50 million units so that’s hardly true either.

Exactly PS5 is going nowhere. The video games nowadays are insanely addictive. Example as for Fortnite or Roblox, they are going for the next century as the game is so addicting that some player will just not stop until they couldn't play it. Addiction is such a thing that affect the brain ALOT and now the games developpers OR social media devs are gods in doing that as they mastered it in the last years. I honestly have no idea when it will stop.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, draqilo said:

I believe it will stay until PS7 because many people aren't buying PS5 and not planning to as they are really really happy with their PS4.

2 minutes ago, draqilo said:

Exactly PS5 is going nowhere.

PS5 sales have outpaced PS4 sales when comparing their respective timelines. Your anecdotal experience may make sense in your perspective, but PS5 sales are actually doing great. 

It would make sense for Microsoft to get an influx of revenue by getting out a PS5 version of Minecraft and I’ll sure that’ll give a bunch of PS4 Minecraft players an even more compelling reason to move to the PS5. 

Even without moving over PS4 owners, seems like Sony is picking up new gamers with PS5 being their first console. Sony is expanding their market, not cannibalising their existing base.