2024 April - still open for platinum?

brodaty_rumcajs

Hi Community,

I’m just about to finish platinum in Andromeda and finally own a physical copy of Anthem for PS4 (playing on PS5). Question: how situation with this game looks like? Still possible to get plat or not in 2024 knowing servers are possibly down? ps. I remember that on PC this game took me only like one Saturday to beat…

The servers are hot garbage and there's virtually no-one playing this game anymore in my experience but they're still up on all platforms, though it's such an awful game I wouldn't waste your time on it.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

No one plays the early story missions on EU server but I got someone on the seasonal mission. The server is absolute trash but I really enjoy this game for now. The movement is really good in it and I like the universe it's set in.

I would not listen to the garbage of people, shitting so much on the game. Stop playing games, when everything is so bad! They just have no friends to play with. Cuz it's an amazing co-op shooter.

I started it with a friend right now and we are enjoying it!!! The servers are totally fine, no issues for us.

Super graphics/ audio and gameplay!!!

Nowadays every game is bad for people, when it's not a 10/ 10. I am happy, never to listen to these stupid reviewers, who generate clicks with shitting on games all day long, therefore on developers, have no understanding, how the industry actually works etc.

That game does not deserve the hate; it was in development for only 15 months and for that short time they brought something really amazing. Yes, it must be the next Destiny killer and cuz it is not, it's shit.

Never ever listen to people only. Always checking things out on your own. Always.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, brodaty_rumcajs said:

Hi Community,

I’m just about to finish platinum in Andromeda and finally own a physical copy of Anthem for PS4 (playing on PS5). Question: how situation with this game looks like? Still possible to get plat or not in 2024 knowing servers are possibly down? ps. I remember that on PC this game took me only like one Saturday to beat…

The person that immediately comes to mind who can give you an up-to-date answer on this is: @Elvick_. They recently got the platinum themselves and can probably give you a quick run-down on what the current state of the servers are on PlayStation. I personally haven't played Anthem since launch, when the servers were still very much occupied.

Edited by ddracarys
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, dysss said:

Never ever listen to people only. Always checking things out on your own. Always.

I totally agree here but with metacritics, youtubers, journalists yadda yadda people don't make their own opinion about games anymore.

I mean the fake trailers, short development time and few other things (like always online) killed the game. People should stop hyping games.

It had really great ideas and idk who came up with "Destiny killer" (because it had some loot in it?!) but this was totally stupid. I loved flying around like iron man and killing these bugs and enemies. I played it mostly solo because my friends platinumed or stopped playing this game. The ending and loot rarity was ass tho + rng collectibles are a nightmare and this was the reason why I dropped this game and didn't unlocked the platinum but idc that much about trophies so yeah, I enjoyed my time with it and moved on.

Edited by ShadyWARcotix
  • Like 2

I platinumed the game mostly as a punishment for myself to never pre-order another EA game again or pay full price for them and so far, it's worked!

The collectables were the hardest part because I had difficulty pinpointing the locations on the map with a walkthrough, some were bugged too if I remember so wouldn't spawn. Reloading usually fixed it.

Overall I think the game had potential if done right but they dropped the price of the game within weeks and stopped all support within a few months. They could've turned it around but decided to cut their losses and move on.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dysss said:

I would not listen to the garbage of people, shitting so much on the game. Stop playing games, when everything is so bad! They just have no friends to play with. Cuz it's an amazing co-op shooter.

I started it with a friend right now and we are enjoying it!!! The servers are totally fine, no issues for us.

Super graphics/ audio and gameplay!!!

Nowadays every game is bad for people, when it's not a 10/ 10. I am happy, never to listen to these stupid reviewers, who generate clicks with shitting on games all day long, therefore on developers, have no understanding, how the industry actually works etc.

That game does not deserve the hate; it was in development for only 15 months and for that short time they brought something really amazing. Yes, it must be the next Destiny killer and cuz it is not, it's shit.

I didn't go into Anthem wanting to hate it, I picked it up because the recent reviews were all positive so I figured I give it a try since my copy was only a fiver but within a matter of days I had already tuned out and by the end of my Plat journey, I just wanted it to be over because I found Anthem to be an aggressively mediocre game with a soul destroying endgame grind for the Plat :(.

2 hours ago, BraveLilCrumpet said:

I platinumed the game mostly as a punishment for myself to never pre-order another EA game again or pay full price for them and so far, it's worked!

The collectables were the hardest part because I had difficulty pinpointing the locations on the map with a walkthrough, some were bugged too if I remember so wouldn't spawn. Reloading usually fixed it.

Overall I think the game had potential if done right but they dropped the price of the game within weeks and stopped all support within a few months. They could've turned it around but decided to cut their losses and move on.

This^

The collectables nearly sent me to sleep they were so boring and tedious to find, plus the story was lame as hell and thoroughly uninteresting. I agree this game could potentially have been saved with the rumoured 2.0 overhaul update the devs were working on but EA's greed and the dev's overall lack of passion for the project is what ultimately killed both it and the game. If anyone wants to know more about exactly why Anthem failed so hard, this video comprehensively covers the entire development and launch period:

14 hours ago, ddracarys said:

The person that immediately comes to mind who can give you an up-to-date answer on this is: @Elvick_. They recently got the platinum themselves and can probably give you a quick run-down on what the current state of the servers are on PlayStation. I personally haven't played Anthem since launch, when the servers were still very much occupied.

Thanks for tagging me.

The servers are mostly fine, but I did get a few disconnects. Ironically most often when in the single player hub doing story lol. There’s added annoyance of the game placing you in a server that is going to be shut down within 20-30m. (I assume it restarts them for stability) But that only happened probably two times. 

I finding players playing normal difficulty wasn’t too hard, though you’d usually find the most players in the early missions so have to replay them a lot (this is through matchmaking).

In the exploration I’d often find 1-2 players as well.

the main annoyance with the game is the way farming and crafting work since you can’t craft the stuff you have yet to find. Which makes getting missions done annoying. 

but I found every Javelin fun to play in the end. Even the tanky one which I initially didn’t like I ended up liking a lot. 

it’s just a tedious platinum more than difficult and considering the game sees no support, it was a lot more stable than I had expected it to be. If you intend to do the platinum, sooner the better. I can’t imagine the game will be up in say 5 years, but who knows? Maybe there’s some die hard whales buying the absurd mtx lol 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HusKy said:

The servers are a one thing. Do you actually need anyone else to play with or can all trophies be done solo?

To acquire the high grade gear necessary to raise the quality rating of the javelin, it is imperative that you increase to the highest difficulty level (Grandmaster 3) as soon as you unlock it. If you are playing solo, randoms are your only recourse (even if they kill everything for you, all items drops are fortunately able to be claimed by everyone) to get this done in a timely fashion.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, EqualityEarth said:

To acquire the high grade gear necessary to raise the quality rating of the javelin, it is imperative that you increase to the highest difficulty level (Grandmaster 3) as soon as you unlock it. If you are playing solo, randoms are your only recourse (even if they kill everything for you, all items drops are fortunately able to be claimed by everyone) to get this done in a timely fashion.

I never played above Grandmaster 2. 

Just check the stores for stuff to buy. I got a lot of boosts from that. (with ingame currency) 

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 1

I've been playing lately and enjoying it so far (got a physical copy for a cheap price). The servers may go down now and then, but most of time it works well. I've been finding people to do fast missions with me, but I'm handle to go solo most of time without worries.