Do you know games similar to Dave the Diver?

Leewor

I love this game. It's absolutely brilliant. Love harvesting and farming, crafting, resource management, all this stuff. Also good story and fun events.
Do you know games similar to this? 
I have some on my mind like Stardew Valley (waiting for Haunted Chocolatier), Graveyard Keeper and Slime Rancher (waiting to part 2 for playstation). But I platinumed them, so I want some new ones. 

• Like 4

If you liked stardew valley you’d most likely enjoy harvest moon, which it was inspired by. I can’t recommend the newer ones though but there’s a remake of friends of mineral town that’s suppose to be good:

Story of Seasons friends of Mineral Town

Also I second DREDGE. It was very fun one of the best games I played last year, they have another DLC on the horizon too.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, karrde80 said:

Maybe Spiritfarer?

That one slipped my mind! Amazing game yeah I recommend that one too actually if you like Dave the Diver for sure

42 minutes ago, De_Band said:

Since folks above already mentioned bangers, let just drop a hidden gem

Sakuna of rice and ruin

It has some combat, but it also has some crafting, side scrolling and a farming aspect, it was included in ps+ extra last time i checked, might be fun for you as well

I could also recommend Coffee talk, and  Va-11 HALL-A, talking with customers serving drinks, solid story, very relaxing.

That shoot ‘em up trophy wasn’t very relaxing 😂 other than that I loved Va-11 HALL-A as well. Believe they’re making a sequel to that 

• Like 2

Kitaria Fables:

It is a lot like Rune Factory only with anthropomorphic animals.

The games from the developer Chibig (Deiland: Pocket Planet, Summer in Mara, Ankora: Lost Days):

It`s an indie developer, so all 3 games have their flaws, but I really liked the stories (that have surprisingly mature themes in them) and characters.

I also second the aforementioned Potion Permit (playing it at the moment, and the game is really addicting).

• Like 3

Many games i would recomannd are already mentioned, but i can add one:

Little Dragons Café - you search ressources and manage a Café similar to Dave. There was one annoying Trophy tho because its RNG but has no missables as i remember. Cute little game.

• Like 3

Sakuna of Rice and Ruin, also a pretty easy platinum.

What I loved about this game is that it's really teaching you how to grow rice like in real life, it may be tough and you may fail a lot at the beginning, but once you get the idea, you make a lot of rice pretty easily.

Also the story is very nice, the art is beautiful, voice acting is amazing, the battles might be a bit repetitive but it's worth it for the boss fights

• Like 3

Pixeljunk NomNom Galaxy could be something for you. Essentially you go throught planets and build soup factories to produce soup that the people like to build a soup Monopole.

A bit more farfetched but also includes resource management Dungeons 2 and 3. You build a dungeon that includes mines for resources and defenses to fight of heros that attack until you are bale to build an army to invade the heros castle on the surface. also both have not to long easy plats. or maybe Tropico 5. Mostly a economy simulation but that includes resource management of corse. however dungeons and tropico are more "passive" than nom nom galaxy or any of the games you mentioned would be since you are in  a "hand from the sky" role instead of going out yourself.

• Like 3

On 4/22/2024 at 8:20 AM, De_Band said:

Sakuna of rice and ruin

Seconding this. This was one of my favourite games recently. The alternating mission/management phases kept me hooked like they do in Dave the Diver.

• Like 2

On 4/22/2024 at 2:00 AM, karrde80 said:

Maybe Spiritfarer?

Spiritfarer is a must have if you enjoyed Dave the Diver. And apart from the harvesting, collecting and building aspects it has an amazing and emotional story. One of my favorite indie games of all time.

• Like 1

If you really liked the underwater exploration, like i do, definitely try Subnautica.

It is a survival game where you crash on an alien oceanic planet, where the main objective is to explore the ocean and survive its dangers.

• Like 3

Lots of good ones mentioned above . Dredge was one of my fav games from the last year . Spiritfarer is really good as well . 
since you like stardew valley  and graveyard keeper you might like  moonglow bay , roots of patcha , while the iron is hot , or coral island as well .

• Like 1

Most of the similar games have already been named. While it belongs to a completely other genre, I had similar enjoyment and vibes from playing Shakedown Hawai. The vibe being "greatly designed, over the top humor and retro style while seeing numbers go up in a meta-sense".

Edited by SarkothelSheyd
  • Like 1