Cobby's Platinum Hobby!

Cobby

Cool list, I would recommend putting in some images to spice things up a bit, though :)

(Ps What's Lego LoTR like? I've played Lego star wars 1&2, and complete saga, loved them, but I didn't really like Lego harry potter, which is Lotr more like? If that makes any sense :S)

• Like 1

Cool list, I would recommend putting in some images to spice things up a bit, though :)

(Ps What's Lego LoTR like? I've played Lego star wars 1&2, and complete saga, loved them, but I didn't really like Lego harry potter, which is Lotr more like? If that makes any sense :S)

I've only played Vita version so I cant speak for console one. its basically loads of areas for free roam (not 1 big sand box) which is annoying but ok. you also have quests with these areas to pick up and find the objects within the levels. I'd say ots different to both. But I havent played HP as of yet so cant comment on that.

Solid list mate, well on your way to a significant trophy collection! (Ratchet & Clank 3 is awesome! I played that game about 10 times on the PS2; never got sick of it :D)

I agree will willmill; adding trophy pictures adds a lot of 'pizzazz' to a trophy collection list :P I would also suggest enjoyment/difficulty ratings for each one - to tell us a bit more about your experience with each game.

Good to see someone the same age as me going for trophies as well; I'm sure you've got a busy life, so it's good to know I'm not the only one living a 'double life' haha.

Nice list keep it up

And where in the uk are you from because I know a kid from maltby near doncaster whos about the same age as you with the same name?

I from Lincoln, which isn't far away (I don't think), too busy trophy hunting to learn Geography haha :P

Solid list mate, well on your way to a significant trophy collection! (Ratchet & Clank 3 is awesome! I played that game about 10 times on the PS2; never got sick of it :D)

I agree will willmill; adding trophy pictures adds a lot of 'pizzazz' to a trophy collection list :P I would also suggest enjoyment/difficulty ratings for each one - to tell us a bit more about your experience with each game.

Good to see someone the same age as me going for trophies as well; I'm sure you've got a busy life, so it's good to know I'm not the only one living a 'double life' haha.

Haha, yeah it's busy during the week, got an apprenticeship (9-5) (Mon-Fri) as it's through the council :) But, my weekends are free for me to relax and just laze about haha :D

Great list...jealous of that borderlands 2 platinum :P

Just a suggest that might improve your list, you should add the platinum image for each platinum

Just looked at your list and your not far off, let me know if you need any help, with anything, like Jimmy Jenkins (He was a real pain in my ass -.-) or the final raid boss (final side quest) i'll try and help as best I can :) Although I must admit Gunzerker and Assassin skill trophies were horrific for me, don't like either character - and I hurt my neck mashing so hard to do the assassin trophy at lvl 5 lol, just so I didn't have to level it xD

• 2 weeks later...

NEW PLATINUM ALERT!!

I also decided to give a small mention to my 100% PSN games. Let me know what you guys think, keep it or remove it? Thanks :)

:platinum:#16 - Pro Evolution Soccer 2014

1Le3d0e1.png

I got this game through PS Plus and PES 2013 wasn't bad in my opinion (their best game since the 03/04 days), but this game is bad (gameplay and the fact they are missing a load of licenses, still!!) and to be honest I only continued playing it for the easy platinum.

Personal Game Rating: 2/10 - Awful game, if you think Fifa 14 was bad this year, just play this and you'll appreciate a lot more.

Personal Platinum Difficulty Rating - 6/10 - It's not hard "per-say", but my god it is boring as hell and time time consuming, wouldn't surprise me if people didn't get the platinum just because of how bored they were... I honestly fell asleep twice, without saving and I lost a lot of progress twice. So goddamn boring. Only persevered for the easy plat, one more towards my target :)

Good list :) and indeed, Gravity Rush is a brilliant game!

Thanks!! :D

Took me 2 or 3 goes to actually get into G Rush and play it properly, but once I finally learnt how to play I was hooked lol. Really hope they announce a sequel at E3 :o

you've finished both borderlands, nice... cool collection dude

Yeah, I love the Borderlands series - played the hell out of the 2nd :)

Thanks!! :D

NEW PLATINUM ALERT!!

:platinum: #17 - Spec Ops: The Line

1Lfe28f2.png

I'm not usually a fan of shooters, especially war shooters (like CoD and BF, etc..), anyway I read that loads of people had been surprised at how good this game, was I thought I'd give it and try and I gotta say, it's a great game, You get to load a few decisions within the game that not only affect you, but your team-mates too. Definitely recommend it.

Personal Game Rating: 7/10 - Great game, is a little tough on FUBAR difficulty, but overall it's great.

Personal Platinum Difficulty Rating: 5/10 - This game isn't really difficult to platinum, the decisions and collectibles could be done on easy. I only struggled with parts of the game on FUBAR difficulty, but if you use the cover well enough and use your teammates to your advantage it's doable. Everything else is very easy to get.

NEW PLATINUM ALERT!!

:platinum: #18 - Guacamelee!

1L63d8bb.png

I got this from PS Plus and got bored, so I thought "why not?". I am so glad I did, had so much fun with this game. The orbs can get really frustrating and so can the bosses on Hard Mode, but t's still very enjoyable.

Personal Game Rating: 9/10 - Thoroughly enjoyed, was frustrating in parts, but so satisfying once you see that Platinum pop up.

Personal Platinum Difficulty Rating: 7/10 - The orbs are hard to obtain, and the bosses can be frustrating in Hard Mode, but if you keep trying you will do it.

NEW PLATINUM ADDED - GoW 1

I have also added Thomas Was Alone, Cel Damage and Linger In Shadows to my 100% PSN list.

Finally, I have added the names of the actual platinum trophy - let me know what you guys think of this, i'm not too sure as some of the names are awful especially the Walking Dead and Uncharted ones.

As always any constructive feedback is welcome - thanks guys - enjoy :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finally, updated my list, I had added 2 platinums :D

Dragon's Crown

and

Crysis 3 :)

Let me know what you guys think of the lay out please. Thinking of getting rid of the text for the Personal Game Rating and Personal Platinum Difficulty Rating, just realised I'm basically repeating a lot of stuff and it seems pointless, besides you guys want to see the trophies, not me babbling on. So please leave your thoughts or message me

Edited by Cobby1995

You achieved your goal of 20 platinums by 2015 :P that probably was a very safe goal regardless though...

Personally I think you should keep your game rating and platinum difficulty thoughts...while I usually put mine in reply posts to the main post to save room on the main post (there is apperently a limit to how big it can get), its still nice to see what you thought of the games, thats what makes your lists....well yours! after all if someone wants to just see the picture of the platinum they can just go straight to it on this site...

Edited by mary-d_9
  • Like 1

List updated - New platinum - #22 - Ratchet & Clank 1

I have shortened my thoughts so my list is less of an essay :)

You achieved your goal of 20 platinums by 2015 :P that probably was a very safe goal regardless though...
Personally I think you should keep your game rating and platinum difficulty thoughts...while I usually put mine in reply posts to the main post to save room on the main post (there is apperently a limit to how big it can get), its still nice to see what you thought of the games, thats what makes your lists....well yours! after all if someone wants to just see the picture of the platinum they can just go straight to it on this site...

Yeah to be honest that goal was a bit safe, I've now upped it to 40, should be a bit more of a challenge :P

Thanks for you input, I haven't completely removed my thoughts, but I have shortened them a little, I felt like the whole list was a bit much to read for some people just passing by.

• 4 weeks later...

Been a bit lazy recently. 

Added 2 PSN games - Doki-Doki Universe and AMY, both of which I enjoyed.

Also, added another 4 :platinum:  - LEGO batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Vita), Hotline Miami, Smart As and Ratchet & Clank 2: Going Commando 

Enjoy :D

Nice list and nice layout cobby :)

Thanks, just checked out your list, you got some nice plats in there :)

• Like 1

Been a bit lazy recently. 

Added 2 PSN games - Doki-Doki Universe and AMY, both of which I enjoyed.

Also, added another 4 :platinum:  - LEGO batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Vita), Hotline Miami, Smart As and Ratchet & Clank 2: Going Commando 

Enjoy :D

Thanks, just checked out your list, you got some nice plats in there :)

Thanks man!  :D