Newest update corrupted my world

Mojang went and really did it this time

with whatever newest update they rolled out directly After the armadillo update officially bricked my survival world

i played it a week or so ago just fine and now for the past couple days everytime i boot up the game, it freezes up when trying to load my survival world and eventually a pop up shows, failed loading world and takes me back to the main start up screen

I tried making a copy of my world then trying to play that world, starts to load then it immediately shows the missing textures colors (pink and black) and crashes to a blue screen

i guess im forever done with Minecraft now

2000+ hours into one world collecting everything they ever rolled out with every new update to just have it randomly stop working

fuck this game

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Unfortunately, this is a very common problem with Minecraft. Over the years I have lost several heavily customised worlds to corruption, including 1 that was forced into Creative mode so all trophies were disabled and it couldn't be converted back into a Normal world :(. After losing my last world, I gave up bothering trying to create new ones since they were only going to get corrupted again at some point after more excessive patching :(. Whenever a new trophy update lands, I reinstall the game, head to a trophy realm I know of and get all the new trophies, then uninstall the game again until the next trophy update arrives a few years later and the cycle repeats.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Unfortunately, this is a very common problem with Minecraft. Over the years I have lost several heavily customised worlds to corruption, including 1 that was forced into Creative mode so all trophies were disabled and it couldn't be converted back into a Normal world :(. After losing my last world, I gave up bothering trying to create new ones since they were only going to get corrupted again at some point after more excessive patching :(. Whenever a new trophy update lands, I reinstall the game, head to a trophy realm I know of and get all the new trophies, then uninstall the game again until the next trophy update arrives a few years later and the cycle repeats.

Bro this game was my time-sink!

2k+ hours

Do you know how long that is in real time? Hahaha

im so pissed off right now

all i can hope is the next update / bug patch fixes this

though i feel like it wont and they killed it, im sure

just getting all 8 new dog variants alone in my ancient world was a feat in itself

ill never start a new world, i thought about it before too, but i had years into this one, some of these tasks took ages to complete

It took me 3 or 4 ancient cities just to find one Silence armor trim, i just quit i cant anymore lol

whats this realm you speak of haha

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

I almost lost my main world to corruption once. Since then I've always kept two backups that I re-save everytime I change something. I'll never lose it again.

Never say never haha

it happens at random

i literally was just using it as a walking simulator one day, got bored and turned it off

then the next day i cant even load it up

copying it will just give you another dead world

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, funboy1246 said:

@HuntingFever wait there are trophy realms that just give you the trophies? and thats not seen as cheating? not accusing, simply ask based on this sites rules.

1: Yes. Just create a Microsoft Account, then link it in-game and go to the Realms tab but do note that some of them require a password, fortunately though, there are a couple of good ones mentioned in one of the Minecraft forums here :). I use Fill Fill's Realm: Tnaxceegumu

2: They are perfectly legal under site rules, provided the realms are created with the included in-game tools and not based on CFW hacks :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

I feel your pain , i have lost too many worlds to corrupted auto-saves because the electricity to the neighborhood would just go out at random and borked the worlds completely i am talking about that wont load and worlds where the original terrain would regenerate on certain chunks and other not and you can imagine my heartbreak when the sky castle was cut in half and the mining cave was gone, especially on the ps3 and early ps4.

Since then i would mostly play with autosave off but put it back on when building something big on survival and always clone the world at the end of my games.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/15/2024 at 2:00 PM, Property_Damage said:

Mojang went and really did it this time

with whatever newest update they rolled out directly After the armadillo update officially bricked my survival world

i played it a week or so ago just fine and now for the past couple days everytime i boot up the game, it freezes up when trying to load my survival world and eventually a pop up shows, failed loading world and takes me back to the main start up screen

I tried making a copy of my world then trying to play that world, starts to load then it immediately shows the missing textures colors (pink and black) and crashes to a blue screen

i guess im forever done with Minecraft now

2000+ hours into one world collecting everything they ever rolled out with every new update to just have it randomly stop working

fuck this game

This game defies logic since MS has taken over.

My friend was completely unable to load into Editions - the button just wasn't there. He had deleted the entire game and all his saves and bought the Editions disc.

On the same console, with the same disc, his alt could get into Editions. If we invited him, it didn't work. But his alt could invite him no issues in splitscreen, except for some reason he had to buy a month of PS+ for his alt to play online, which should also be impossible, as the activations were all correct. A week later, that stopped working as well, but fortunately we got all the trophies he needed in one evening,

If I download my Bedrock saves from the Cloud, even if if I delete the current ones first, they load in EXACTLY THE SAME as the ones I deleted. How is this possible???? But if I do the same with a USB backup, everything goes back to how it should be. And no, I don't have auto-upload (if that's even a thing on PS4) and the dates and times are all the same as they are on USB.

It seems that Microsoft found a way to bork a PlayStation. I don't know how it's even possible, but it's the case.   

Sorry you lost all your work. :( I'm anally retentive about backing everything up, I've got my Minecraft worlds backed up to two USBs, a Network Attached Storage Device and the Cloud (which is obviously useless to me now).

This is PRECISELY why the PS5 is such a dealbreaker for me in regard to USB backups: they don't exist and I do NOT trust Sony's Cloud one bit, except for temporary convenience.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, baboon_overlord said:

My friend was completely unable to load into Editions - the button just wasn't there. He had deleted the entire game and all his saves and bought the Editions disc.

On the same console, with the same disc, his alt could get into Editions. If we invited him, it didn't work. But his alt could invite him no issues in splitscreen, except for some reason he had to buy a month of PS+ for his alt to play online, which should also be impossible, as the activations were all correct. A week later, that stopped working as well, but fortunately we got all the trophies he needed in one evening,

If I download my Bedrock saves from the Cloud, even if if I delete the current ones first, they load in EXACTLY THE SAME as the ones I deleted. How is this possible???? But if I do the same with a USB backup, everything goes back to how it should be. And no, I don't have auto-upload (if that's even a thing on PS4) and the dates and times are all the same as they are on USB.

It seems that Microsoft found a way to bork a PlayStation. I don't know how it's even possible, but it's the case.   

Sorry you lost all your work. :( I'm anally retentive about backing everything up, I've got my Minecraft worlds backed up to two USBs, a Network Attached Storage Device and the Cloud (which is obviously useless to me now).

This is PRECISELY why the PS5 is such a dealbreaker for me in regard to USB backups: they don't exist and I do NOT trust Sony's Cloud one bit, except for temporary convenience.

just fyi USB backups do exist on PS5, just not for PS5 games, only PS4

• Like 2

I had a previous save file on the cloud, it wasnt as recent and up to date as my world that corrupted but i figured, i could still start there again if i wanted to start over, half a worlds better than no world, well guess what, somehow my uploaded save from 2 years ago is corrupt too?

this game is fucked

• Like 1

15 hours ago, baboon_overlord said:

Auto-Upload has been part of the OS for all Sony consoles since PS Plus launched on the PS3 but I never use it, because I've found it to be buggy and unreliable.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

I was able to recover a previous save i backed up to the ps cloud from a While back, i tried to just overwrite my corrupted world with it but it wouldn’t t load until i deleted my world completely and redownloaded it

man, i fucking lost so many builds, structures and items though, ugh, easily 400 hours, maybe more, i cant say exactly

all is not lost though, i could still do it again i suppose lol i have to laugh so i dont cry

Bedrock update version 2.90 came out last night. Played it for the trophies and thank heavens no game save corruption.  Maybe this patch had fixed the problem?

• Addressed a top crash that could occur during gameplay.
  • Addressed a bug where players are unable to redeem the Anniversary Cape.
  • Added gameplay performance improvements.
  • Fixed the cape redemption issues.
  • Added general stability fixes.

Not sure about the stability as there still seems to be some lag going on.  I thought the lag was sorted around 4-5 updates before, when autosave was quick and did not freeze the screen.  Now it looks like it is back.  But I would gladly take this any day, than ending up with a corrupted game save.

Edited by Eispan