Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection June 2014 (EU)

zafira1290

Ps+ costs about 50 quid a year.

If you get one or two games per year then you are getting more than your moneys worth

People bitching and moaning about getting less than £100 worth of stuff per month for a £50 per year pricetag, with arguemnts like 'I suport Sony, I deserve all the best games for 90% off' is so absurdly delusional and arrogant that it borders on mass-psychosis.

You don't have a god given right to all the top quality games at rock bottom prices - and if you really were a 'supporter' of the platform then you would have bought the games at retail price already!

Why not simply look at ps+ as a way of keeping the platform healthy and sustainable, getting a multiplayer service on ps4, and the ability to tey a few games you wouldnt have tried otherwise per year, instead of constantly complaining that you aren't getting all the games you want for less than they are worth

This.

I love it how people are complaining about getting two PS3 games, two PS Vita games and one PS4 game when back in 2010-2011 we only got one PS3 game. There are games that I don't like, but I won't complain about getting them for free. I can't wait to play Lone Survivor :) So many good games has came from PS Plus. Thank you Sony

• Like 2

The thing about sports games in particular is the people who want them already have them.

Same goes for FPS for FPS players, RPG for RPG players and so forth. As you can see in my previous list, there are plenty of games I already had, that doesn't mean everyone had them.

If plus wasn't a viable business model offering the games they did for €50 a year they wouldn't have been doing it, so all they're doing is getting greedy to squeeze more money out of it.

Ofcourse it's making them money, Sony is a company. But don't tell me you actually think that offering "bad games"/"sports games" will make them more money than an FPS/RPG/Whatever, because they're "cheaper" or less people want them (you don't pay by the game, you pay a subscription. It doesn't make them more or less, no matter what games they put up. The only thing that make them money is the amount of subscriptions - the money they have to pay to make these games available, and I doubt NBA 2K14 is cheaper to put up then Bioshock Infinite).

If so many people hate these games, they're likely to make less money because there will be less new members subscribing and more unhappy members unsubscribing. And like I've said before, there are members enjoying/looking forward to these games. You can't please everybody.

Edited by Ric_373

so cancel your subscription, whats the problem?

Some people like the service, and pay for it, others don't and so don't.

But don't keep paying for it and comlaining about it - vote with yur wallet. It is, and always has been, the only way to get what you want.

I literally just renewed so that won't be happening, Plus is a great service and what you do get for €50 a year is great BUT you give them an inch they'll take a mile, I guarantee you 2014 won't be as good as 2013 in terms of content, the writing is already on the wall. 

Go have a look at the games from the start of 2013 up to June and compare it to the games from the start of the year to now. (Here's a link for you http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_(PAL_region) ) Notice a pattern? In 2013 we got two AAA titles along with a third smaller most months. All of a sudden that second AAA title has disappeared yet the US plus still has theirs so the PS4 game clearly isn't the reason. And what games can you compare to NBA and PES to what we got last year? 

You can't, that's the point, after games like that, only the top will satisfied you (GTA V, the last of us...)

I literally just renewed so that won't be happening, Plus is a great service and what you do get for €50 a year is great BUT you give them an inch they'll take a mile, I guarantee you 2014 won't be as good as 2013 in terms of content, the writing is already on the wall. 

That's kind of a no-brainer isn't it? The amount of good/highly anticipated releases of 2014 isn't nearly as high as 2013... ICG can't have equally good games as a year prior if they don't exist. (yes I know there's  a couple, but there are a lot less than in 2013). I'm sure there'll be some games added when they get a couple months older (maybe games like Thief and Dark Souls 2 for example)

Edited by Ric_373

Same goes for FPS for FPS players, RPG for RPG players and so forth. As you can see in my previous list, there are plenty of games I already had, that doesn't mean everyone had them.

Ofcourse it's making them money, Sony is a company. But don't tell me you actually think that offering "bad games"/"sports games" will make them more money than an FPS/RPG/Whatever, because they're "cheaper" or less people want them (you don't pay by the game, you pay a subscription. It doesn't make them more or less, no matter what games they put up. The only thing that make them money is the amount of subscriptions - the money they have to pay to make these games available, and I doubt NBA 2K14 is cheaper to put up then Bioshock Infinite).

If so many people hate these games, they're likely to make less money because there will be less new members subscribing and more unhappy members unsubscribing. And like I've said before, there are members enjoying/looking forward to these games. You can't please everybody.

Sports games are a very particular niche genre, the people who are into basketball for example are going to buy NBA it's as simple as that. And you do know how Sony acquire these games for the IGC right? Sony have to negotiate with the publishers on what price they pay for the game, hmmmm I'm sure Sony had to pay Konami the same price for PES as they paid 2k for Bioshock infinite...Oh wait, I bet they didn't. 

You can't, that's the point, after games like that, only the top will satisfied you (GTA V, the last of us...)

I'm not sure where you're getting that from, where did I ever mention games like that are the only ones that will "satisfy me". Being dissatisfied with shitty sports games is completely different than expecting what you seemingly think I am, but nice assumptions and hyperbole.

Edited by NIALLERMANBUZ

I think that is good game for the price, you guys can't be mad with this, you pay 50 a year, 50/12 = 4.2 (+/-) , So if i consider that i will have NBA2K14 for free, that is a excellent game, because i love sport too, ok, lone survivor i don't know :S sorry... as well as the shooter for ps4, i don't have a ps4 anyway, but for the people that have one, you can't be expecting excellent top games, at the least the first life-year of ps4... for vita dragons crown i heard about that game, never played it but seems nice :)

And what can we do? Expect more games for the next month, we reached month 6, we have more 6 to go xD

BE POSITIVE <3

Looking at the link again that was posted earlier (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_%28PAL_region%29).

There were already a couple of good ICG games in 2014.

January had Metro: Last Light and Bioshock Inifinite (oh look it was available in 2014, not 2013)

March had Tomb Raider

April had Sly Cooper Thieves in Time

Even if you don't like platformers, that's still 3 games in the first 5 months that are top games.

Apparently having PES14 in april and NBA2K14 in june has ruined 2014...

NBA 2K14 was on the 'deals of the weak' recently so those people who purchased that might be annoyed if they were on plus. I had a hunch it would make its way over to the igc at some point. I feel so good that I didn't pay for it lol.

Yeah, that's annoying for + members, but those deals are for anyone, not just + members. It always sucks when you buy a game only to see it in the ICG the month after :shakefist:

Looking at the link again that was posted earlier (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_%28PAL_region%29).

There were already a couple of good ICG games in 2014.

January had Metro: Last Light and Bioshock Inifinite (oh look it was available in 2014, not 2013)

March had Tomb Raider

April had Sly Cooper Thieves in Time

Even if you don't like platformers, that's still 3 games in the first 5 months that are top games.

Apparently having PES14 in april and NBA2K14 in june has ruined 2014...

I suppose it just slipped your mind to notice the third game disappearing...

I like that there is variety in the PS+ IGC. I would never pick up a basketball game for cash. But if it's available to me, I might have a go. And isn't that supposed to be part of the point? Yes, Sony and the publisher of the basketball game might be hoping to expand the userbase and sell some DLC too, but hey, that's to be expected.

Also, this is a site for fairly dedicated gamers. This crowd are typically into your RPGs, narrative driven FPSs, action-adventure, sandbox, survival horror, etc, from what I can see. But I would imagine that the sports gamers, who may not necessarily be proportionately represented here, are over on whatever forum they've got going saying "Goddamn, not another shooter" or "I f***ing hate all these platformers!".

Edit: I'm just saying, different strokes for different folks. Just because you don't like the selection in a particular month isn't to say that someone else isn't over the moon with what's being offered.

Edited by StrickenBiged
  • Like 2

Playstation Europe have actually tweeted to say that the list is incomplete and they will be detailing the full line up tomorrow.

Or they've gone into damage control mode after seeing the backlash...but perhaps thats just me being cynical.

I like that there is variety in the PS+ IGC. I would never pick up a basketball game for cash. But if it's available to me, I might have a go. And isn't that supposed to be part of the point? Yes, Sony and the publisher of the basketball game might be hoping to expand the userbase and sell some DLC too, but hey, that's to be expected.

Also, this is a site for fairly dedicated gamers. This crowd are typically into your RPGs, narrative driven FPSs, action-adventure, sandbox, survival horror, etc, from what I can see. But I would imagine that the sports gamers, who may not necessarily be proportionately represented here, are over on whatever forum they've got going saying "Goddamn, not another shooter" or "I f***ing hate all these platformers!".

Edit: I'm just saying, different strokes for different folks. Just because you don't like the selection in a particular month isn't to say that someone else isn't over the moon with what's being offered.

Yeah, variety is good so everyone can potentially get something they can enjoy it.

The issue with the NBA titles from 2k is that the online will be inacessible in roughly 6 months (unless they decide to keep the servers up a tad longer). Even though it's a good game for the franchise, dragging something into the igc that is known to have the sever shutdown scheduled for november this year, is taking the piss.

Someone at Sony got EU and US mixed, given PES2014 this month in US.

We also got PES 2014, Maybe you guys will get NBA 2K14 as well.

Playstation Europe have actually tweeted to say that the list is incomplete and they will be detailing the full line up tomorrow.

By incomplete, i think they mean it's missing 1 Vita title, it'll probably be some crappy indie.

The issue with the NBA titles from 2k is that the online will be inacessible in roughly 6 months (unless they decide to keep the servers up a tad longer). Even though it's a good game for the franchise, dragging something into the igc that is known to have the sever shutdown scheduled for november this year, is taking the piss.

Seriously? 2K just drops server support after a new installment like that! That's atrocious behaviour.

On a side note: I seriously think there needs to be some sort of philantropic enterprise to maintain some servers for posterity. How will future historians of this industry be able to play games with a strong online component like CoD (love it or hate it, a genre defining game series) when all those servers are eventually going to be shut down in years hence?

Seriously? 2K just drops server support after a new installment like that! That's atrocious behaviour.

On a side note: I seriously think there needs to be some sort of philantropic enterprise to maintain some servers for posterity. How will future historians of this industry be able to play games with a strong online component like CoD (love it or hate it, a genre defining game series) when all those servers are eventually going to be shut down in years hence?

Due to It being a yearly release, it doesn't make sense to keep servers running from a financial point of view. This goes for most sports games. Which is also a reason why there have to be server shutdowns, as it gets quite expensive in the long run to keep servers running that have barely any player base left. Not to forget that especially sports titles tend to be multi-platform,

So taking FIFA as an example, which has online modes since 2001 (on pc) and since 2008 (for consoles), each of the platforms having seperate servers would easily amount to over 30 servers to be kept running since 2008 alone. Not counting all the EU Championship and World Cup releases.

It's an extreme example, but it's pretty much the same for every other sports game or COD for that matter, as it also has yearly releases.

Giving away BasketBall to the EU and Football (soccer) to the US makes sense, neither game may sell massively well, if they give it away from free it might more sales for the next iteration.

PS+ is all about getting games you may never have otherwise considered.

Last year wasn't spectacular for games compared to the previous, PS+ is going to reflect that.

I'm still having trouble seeing why people complain about the IGC. But I've heard dragons crown is a pretty solid game so that itself should sell itself to a certain amount of people this month.

Also Sony don't really decide what is in the IGC, well at least not as much as people would like to believe. They spend most of their time with publishers getting agreements to be able to give these games away, it's not as if Sony can just pull their finger out and say 'we're going to do this' - they are at the mercy of what publishers will give them and that obviously can be more difficult in certain circumstances (they obviously have 'in house' games too, but they can't give everything away either)

Due to It being a yearly release, it doesn't make sense to keep servers running from a financial point of view. This goes for most sports games. Which is also a reason why there have to be server shutdowns, as it gets quite expensive in the long run to keep servers running that have barely any player base left. Not to forget that especially sports titles tend to be multi-platform,

So taking FIFA as an example, which has online modes since 2001 (on pc) and since 2008 (for consoles), each of the platforms having seperate servers would easily amount to over 30 servers to be kept running since 2008 alone. Not counting all the EU Championship and World Cup releases.

It's an extreme example, but it's pretty much the same for every other sports game or COD for that matter, as it also has yearly releases.

I get the financial incentive from the publisher/developer point of view. I just think that it's a crappy way to treat your customers. I've never played sports game series really, so didn't know they literally killed the online game on an annual basis.

But is the same true of CoD? I thought you could still play the older CoDs online? I may be wrong, I haven't been interested in it since Blops 1.